Life as a Podiatry student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stella97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have just recently been accepted into school at Kent State. I wanted to get an opinion from current students on juggling life with school. I really want to have my dog at school with me but I am concerned about not having enough time to spend with them. Is it pretty doable to handle the workload and a dog?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I have just recently been accepted into school at Kent State. I wanted to get an opinion from current students on juggling life with school. I really want to have my dog at school with me but I am concerned about not having enough time to spend with them. Is it pretty doable to handle the workload and a dog?
I have 3 working dogs that I compete with during school no problem, so in my opinion a pet dog would be easy and you’d have plenty of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have 3 working dogs that I compete with during school no problem, so in my opinion a pet dog would be easy and you’d have plenty of time.
Awesome thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Doable but it helps to have someone around when days get long and I can't get home and vice versa.

Was worth getting a dog. Wife is a lot happier and has company at home at night. Doubles as theft deterrent and keeps our relationship healthy.
If dog = wife in good mood, I'm in good mood.

Reactions: 3 users
Doable but it helps to have someone around when days get long and I can't get home and vice versa.

Was worth getting a dog. Wife is a lot happier and has company at home at night. Doubles as theft deterrent and keeps our relationship healthy.
If dog = wife in good mood, I'm in good mood.
The best part about Kent is I never have to be on campus for more than 2 hours at a time, so you can do school from home and spend all day with your dog if you choose! Nothing better than recorded lectures and non-mandatory attendance.

Reactions: 3 users
The best part about Kent is I never have to be on campus for more than 2 hours at a time, so you can do school from home and spend all day with your dog if you choose! Nothing better than recorded lectures and non-mandatory attendance.
Does anyone know if Scholl has mandatory attendance?!

When are the classes scheduled usually? Do they usually start pretty early and go all day? I know you said they aren't mandatory but I was just curious when classes are usually held!

Does temple have mandatory lectures?

Depends on the class. Some profs take random attendance and it'll count as extra credit or apart of your participation grade. Some don't care at all.

Does temple have mandatory lectures?
Yes like above poster stated, some classes are mandatory for example a lot of pod-specific classes are. Most of the basic sciences are not mandatory.