Let's make a Pact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've had about 10 dreams about being in Ireland, hate them! They're good dreams mind you, but they build up false hope! Just thought i'd share that. :D

I daydream about Ireland all of the time. aha, I told my dad that I want to look at our old pictures from our trip around the country. He was like, "no need to look at pictures. You need to go there."

Members don't see this ad.

Only a week and a half until mid-April. :rolleyes:

Yea, I can't believe March has already come and gone.

Don't you think ABP should make an "admissions news" page which they can update according to their current knowledge rather than answer potentially hundreds of calls and emails from applicants every day?

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: That's encouraging.
:laugh:
My father already looked up apartments in Dublin. He loves it there. I do too. He's said, "Don't worry about the distance. I can come every 2 months or so." :laugh:
For now these are all pipe dreams......:)
I wonder if the person who posted about UCD really did get an acceptance (his or her friend). I thought the same thing--must be one of the California schools. It's hard to tell with all of the mixed information that we have been feeding eachother :laugh:

Yea, I can't believe March has already come and gone.

Don't you think ABP should make an "admissions news" page which they can update according to their current knowledge rather than answer potentially hundreds of calls and emails from applicants every day?

btw Jedi, I love Vancouver. It's so beautiful there. Do you want to practice there??
A friend told me that Vancouver Island is unbelievable as well.

I wish the ABP had an official admissions update page.

What I don't understand is the timing of all of this. Obviously people have already been rejected from RCSI...but I was expecting after that second round of rejections started going out to hear within days about either a rejection or an invitation to the second round of interviews. But it seems like they send out a rejection or two, maybe an invite here and there, and then stop the process. Grrr. It's not so much aggravating as confusing. I had myself PREPPED for a rejection last week...and nothing! Nothing at all!

One of these days I think we are going to need to put together an SDN support/binge-drinking group.

:D

Well, I think I'm officially out of the runnings. I may withdraw my application to UCD tomorrow just to give someone else a chance in the rare instance that they were considering accepting me. I've said it before, but the feeling never really went away.

Anyway, good :luck: to everyone, and I hope you guys all get in somewhere.

Well, I think I'm officially out of the runnings. I may withdraw my application to UCD tomorrow just to give someone else a chance in the rare instance that they were considering accepting me. I've said it before, but the feeling never really went away.

Why McDuck??? You've hung on this long :thumbup: That's considerate of you to think of others, but a potential acceptance could sway you toward Ireland. Don't close any doors too soon :) Of course, it is up to you.

McDuck, hang in there! UCD hasn't sent ANYTHING out yet, so why assume anything? Don't do something you'll regret...

McDuck! Do NOT withdraw your application!!! Wait it out, see how it goes, and if you get in and still feel the same way then I have no doubt that UCD will have no trouble filling your spot.

Just wait it out and see. It's way too late in the game to second guess yourself.

It has nothing to do with thinking I won't get accepted. :) I just don't want to go anymore. I'm not going to withdraw, but it's only because I'm curious as to whether or not they'll accept me. If I get accepted, I'll just decline it and let them pick someone else.

:luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless its personal, can you share with us why the sudden change in opinion?

The wait is almost over...for some....

SOOO my wallet got stolen last week and I cancelled my card. I didn't think to update my application witih ABP. I just got an email from them saying that they have recieved an important package from Ireland and that they are attempting to fowarding it to me but the credit card was invalid. They asked for an update so they could dispatch my package with haste.

So yay!

I applied to RCSI, UCD, and Trinity. When it gets here I'll let you guys know which of the three it was.

Good luck to you all!!!

SOOO my wallet got stolen last week and I cancelled my card. I didn't think to update my application witih ABP. I just got an email from them saying that they have recieved an important package from Ireland and that they are attempting to fowarding it to me but the credit card was invalid. They asked for an update so they could dispatch my package with haste.

So yay!

I applied to RCSI, UCD, and Trinity. When it gets here I'll let you guys know which of the three it was.

Good luck to you all!!!

That's exciting!!

So yay!

Good luck to you all!!!

One mishap led to a pleasant surprise...:p

I wonder if the person who posted about UCD really did get an acceptance (his or her friend). I thought the same thing--must be one of the California schools. It's hard to tell with all of the mixed information that we have been feeding eachother :laugh:[/quote]

Ya it happened. He got accepted to UCDUBLIN. He got an acceptance at the beginning of the week - no lie. I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but he sent his application in REALLY early... like summer. And he had a 4.0.

Um, I have a 4.0 and I applied in August. Either your friend is full of ****, or ABP and UCD lied when they said they haven't made any decisions yet.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.

It's almost a relief that tomorrow is Sunday and I can have the luxury of knowing not to expect any news.

There is no rhyme or reason to this process! ARG!+pissed+

Haha. I already got the mail today, so it's already that time for me. I'll know if anything good is coming, though, since I have online banking; I can just check to see if any $22 debits to FEDEX CA have been made.

no news here either. just continuing to plague myself with worry....

I have always been too lazy to set up online banking for myself. I am SO happy about that now...I think I might sit and stare at my online statement for hours on end otherwise. :)

You guys were expecting mail/courier over the Easter Weekend? Hmmm...

You guys were expecting mail/courier over the Easter Weekend? Hmmm...

I'm sorry, did YOU get off of work this week? No, I didn't think so. FedEx delivers until noon on Saturdays where I live...

:) I don't think anyone was seriously expecting anything today. It doesn't make waiting much easier.

I'm not realistically expecting a response for another 1-2 weeks. I've waited so long, i can hold up a couple more weeks ;)

I'm not realistically expecting a response for another 1-2 weeks. I've waited so long, i can hold up a couple more weeks ;)

Definitely, but the good thing is that you have an acceptance in the UK!!! I would not be worried at this point if I had a UK acceptance; however, I did not apply because I did not do enough research on the subject. Also, I have some ignorant notion that they only accept your MSAT score and that sounded a bit complicated. Anyhow, much :luck:

I called FEDEX and they said that there was a package coming to my address from ABP. It is expected to arrive on April 10. I'll let you guys know who its from when I get it.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Whoa! I wonder if anybody else will receive something on that day as well...wouldn't they be sent in batches?

There's no rhyme or reason to it. If one person gets something, it doesn't mean anyone else will be getting anything. You just have to wait and wait and wait some more.

I'm just taking comfort in the fact that I don't have to wait anymore--at least not for this. :)

So you really withdrew your application McDuck?

No, I didn't withdraw. But, I'm only refraining from doing so out of morbid curiosity. I have no plans to go to Ireland if I'm accepted. I feel like kind of a jerk, but if I do get accepted (and that's a pretty big if), I'll decline it immediately so that someone on the waiting list can move into my spot.

Folks, I know this is a stressful time in your lives where you may be staring at a large fork in the road and you want the waiting period to end, however you need to chill out a bit. These forums can be helpful, but people have been on this thread every day for the last 2 months stressing over hearsay and I can see some of you are becoming a tad bitter. Maybe buy a good book and lay off the SDN for a while. The mail will come eventually. Good luck.

By the way, the Irish schools are working on setting up Graduate entry this year so that could be taking up some of the time the admissions staff normally use for processing your applications.

:) Personally, I don't look at it as being a terribly negative thing. I'm sure everyone has a story and different circumstances. I, myself, left my full-time job as a teacher so that I could come home to support my family after my father was diagnosed with cancer. I'm working as a waitress and an EMT (not to mention I read about a book a week!), so I am very busy, but I do check my email every day and I do a quick round of checks on SDN (and weather.com, facebook, and New York Times online). It's a means of idle enterntainment, not unlike TV. Perhaps most importantly, SDN represents a means of conversing with people who understand what the waiting is like so I don't have to bore my family with med school talk! It's like one, big, inside joke among acquaintances.

Getting into medical school is not the only thing I think about. It's not the only thing I talk about. Checking in on SDN is enjoyable! And a tiny fraction of my day.

Everyone deals with their nervous energy differently, eirosome.

Oh, and happy Easter, everyone! Or have a lovely Sunday! Whichever applies! :)

I have been reading the forum very closely. Finally decided to become a member. The wait really sucks; all we can do is hang in there. Even though it's frustrating!:scared:

uh oh... we have a canucks fan on our hands! congrats on clinching the division title last night.
And mcduck, my friend got applied to the 4 yeear program and got accepted into the 5 year program at UCD. Are we only speaking of the six year program in this circumstance? I didnt know it made such a difference. I applied to 6 yr at UCD and RCSI

Uh, UCD doesn't have a 4-year program. I'm sorry to say, but your friend is full of it.

I have to agree...I highly doubt UCD has sent out anything, considering what their office and ABP have said (according to this forum)

Uh, UCD doesn't have a 4-year program. I'm sorry to say, but your friend is full of it.

Actually UCD does have a 4 year program. They started it last year but unlike the RCSI 4 year, it is for EU graduates only. This year the government have decided they are going to dictate how many graduate spots each uni can offer but as far as I am aware they have only confirmed numbers for RCSI and the new Limerick grad school. Whatever places UCD get will still be EU only which is probably why that person was offered the 5 year course.

Well, regardless of whether they have a EU-only 4-year course or not, why would the school lie and say they haven't made any decisions let alone sent any out? That makes no sense.

Hi all, I just recieved an acceptance package from RCSI this morning (4 year program). They would like the deposit (6500 Euros) by April 27. I was rejected from trinity so I just wanted to let you guys know that even if you have been rejected from one school you still have a shot at the others. Best of luck to you all.

Congradulations mdcanuck! I am in the frist year of RCSI GEP, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I just recieved my acceptance from the RCSI committee today as well for the Graduate Entry Programme!! I've called Atlantic Bridge and informed them that they could withdraw my application from Trinity and UCD. I'll be there unless the Duke or U Chicago waitlists lift!!! Best of luck to everyone waiting! It DOES come to an end afterall!

best of luck to all who have recieved acceptances.:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi all, I just recieved an acceptance package from RCSI this morning (4 year program). They would like the deposit (6500 Euros) by April 27. I was rejected from trinity so I just wanted to let you guys know that even if you have been rejected from one school you still have a shot at the others. Best of luck to you all.

How elating! CONGRATS. :hardy:

I just recieved my acceptance from the RCSI committee today as well for the Graduate Entry Programme!! I've called Atlantic Bridge and informed them that they could withdraw my application from Trinity and UCD. I'll be there unless the Duke or U Chicago waitlists lift!!! Best of luck to everyone waiting! It DOES come to an end afterall!

Congrats! Umm...RCSI is way better than U Chicago sorry to say :laugh: Have fun planning your trip there.

I disagree. I'll take pritzker over RCSI any day.

Your chances of landing a phenomenal residency are just much better with Pritzker than with ANY foreign school.