Let's make a Pact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out...via snail mail or email?

By regular mail for by courier those who paid for it. They will never send acceptances by mail except for interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

ie they will send interviews by email

Oh, I was only asking about the interview invites. :) Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Just got the Fedex from Trinity. I've been accepted!!! I'm completely stoked, for those who are still waiting, i wish you all the very best!!!!!! It can be a long process, i know it has been for me. (3 years). But you guys will pull through!!

I haven't heard from any of the schools yet, so I'm assuming I'll be getting that thin letter in the mail soon.

Good luck everyone!

i was just reading over the letter that rcsi sent me, i applied for the 6 year program... when my accpetance came i was pretty stoked so i read through the rest of the aceptance package quickly. Today i was reading it again and it turns out i got into the 5 year program?!
Im finsihing up my second year of university this month so im wondering if this could factor into their decision somehow? I remebered in the interview they said specifically how would you feel about re-dooing some courses, because "MOST LIKELY" you would have to recomplete the foundation courses.
Has this happened to anyone else or have they ever heard of this, because i was half wondering if it was a typo, but ABP doesn't seem like the organization to send out a letter with a major typo in it...?!
Good :luck: to eveyone still waiting to hear back, i still got my finger crossed about my UCD application because going there would save a pile of money lol..

Hey supernova!

Starting this fall, RCSI no longer offers the five year program. In fact, the representative for the Atlantic Bridge Program present at the interview in New York said it would be harder this year getting acceptance into the 6 year program since there are so many more applicants than usual (Students that would normally apply to the 5 year program are now in the same stream as 6 year program applicants). So a special congratulations to you for getting accepted!

Does the ABP ever send rejection letters via Fedex?

No, I don't think so. The one that I received came in the regular mail in a simple, thin envelope. I believe that FedEx is reserved for acceptance "packages".

congrats to those who recieved acceptances, as for others good luck in your application process. I just retrieved my application from all Irish programs, so now you have one less person to compete against.

Ciao

I've been reading these posts for awhile, but I just signed up because I actually have something to report!

I just checked my online banking, and there is a charge for $37 canadian to ABP!

I'm waiting to hear from RCSI and UCD... I didn't interview at RCSI (but wasn't rejected yet), so I guess it's from UCD? They only charge for sending acceptances right?

Hopefully I get it tomorrow!

Hello Everyone,

I've just found out that I've got an acceptance at UCD as well. Now I'm in for a dilemma. Which school to go to. But thats for another thread. ^_^

I think their letters are coming out now, so all you hope-fulls Good LUCK!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Applepark and others receiving acceptances!!:thumbup: :)
I just received an acceptance to Trinity College (my 1st choice) via Fed Ex today!!! So so happy!!! Trinity requires a deposit of 4000 Euros (equals $5423.32 U.S. dollar, 6088.75 Canadian dollar) "no later than Tuesday, May 8 2007". I wish everyone the best of :luck: , hang in there:thumbup:

Hello everyone, I got an acceptance letter from Trinity as well. It took many years but it finally happened (5 years later). For all of you that got rejected or are still playing the waiting game... Good luck and don't give up, sometime it takes a little time. Does anyone know of any current Trinity students i could talk to? Or anyway to get a hold of one? It would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Well it is officially official. 7 for 7. I'm batting a thousand. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from my first year applying.

But it still sucks. No one likes to be rejected. I don't really know what I can do though to make myself any more attractive as a potentially successful applicant, other than doing better on the MCAT. I can't afford to go back to school full-time and taking correspondence courses seems to take forever.

Whatever. I drowned my troubles with chocolate chip cookies. They make everything better.

Firemed

Well, I'm officially out of the race. I withdrew my application to UCD. I thought about it, and even if I got in, I wouldn't go. I figured I could use the 22 bucks for something else, so why waste it?

Good luck to everyone. I might still post here, but otherwise I'll be in the pre-vet forum if anyone needs me. :)

Congratulations to all of you. No news on my part yet :( However, for those of you who are looking to apply this coming app. season (firemed??), you may want to submit early to your state school. I get nauseated just thinking about retaking the MCAT....
Also, I know that some people don't opt the DO route, but you might rack up a lot of interviews that way as well. And of course, there is the Carib. route as well. Best wishes to everyone, and I hope to post something interesting soon.

Well, I'm officially out of the race. I withdrew my application to UCD. I thought about it, and even if I got in, I wouldn't go. I figured I could use the 22 bucks for something else, so why waste it?

Good luck to everyone. I might still post here, but otherwise I'll be in the pre-vet forum if anyone needs me. :)

So, pre-vet it is??? Good choice, but come visit us over here. :laugh:

Haha, yeah. I'm applying in the fall. I have to take the GRE in June though. That kind of sucks. :thumbdown:

Haha, yeah. I'm applying in the fall. I have to take the GRE in June though. That kind of sucks. :thumbdown:

You'll do just fine! :luck: Judging by your stats, it should not be a big deal for you. My friend spent a month preparing for it---hard core.
And think about what comes after the test---a little vacation!

Yeah, a little vacation that includes summer school! :laugh: I'm finishing up all the **** I have to get done this summer and in the fall. I'm not too worried about the GRE. I got the TestMasters books in the mail today, and it doesn't look like it's too advanced.

The vocab is still killer though, just like the SAT :(

I didn't think it was that hard on the SAT, and it doesn't look much more difficult than that. I haven't looked too deeply at it, but I think I should be pretty good.

Docolive, would you remind me...where did you apply?

I applied to RCSI, Trinity, UCD and UCC. I was rejected from RCSI a few months ago. Now waiting for the other schools. :)

I know that Trinity requires the deposit by May 8th but does anyone know when UCD's deposit is due?

They require it 21 days from the date of the letter. I believe. And they are asking for 4444 euros. ABP wants the faxes and or originals of all the additional paperwork in their office by May 9th.

Does anyone know when to expect the next round of offers or decisions???
I heard that this was the first batch of offers to go out. :confused: :thumbup: to all of you. Relish in the moment!!! Hope to be there with you---:D

Hmm who told you that? I rang up Trinity (yet again), and i've been told that they're still making decisions this week and next week.. and I should ring by Tuesdsay/Wednesday to find out. :luck:

Hmm who told you that? I rang up Trinity (yet again), and i've been told that they're still making decisions this week and next week.. and I should ring by Tuesdsay/Wednesday to find out. :luck:

I see. Sorry I was not more specific. The ABP wrote me (earlier this week) that Trinity and UCD have just issued their first round of offers. I am referring to those that have been posted thus far.
So, Zeyad, TCD told you to call this Tues or next Tues??? I don't want to bother them too much, but last time I called, they could not provide me with too much information---maybe because the personnel from admissions were out for the day. Anyway, I wish you :luck: I am worried!

Btw, I received a similar email to those who posted earlier---The ABP also wrote that this is the beginning of a rather long admissions cycle.....:laugh:

Ah alright. The guy at admissions told me to ring up "around tuesday" time.. as in this upcoming tuesday .. very beginning of may.

sorry to add more to the speculation, but i wonder how many "rounds" there usually are to fill a class... 2? 3? i guess that's why the admit season is so (painfully) long...
Good luck everybody :luck:

---it is rather long---since we submitted last fall! hehe. Anyway, the second round came rather quickly....as Zeyad mentioned that TCD is doing their second round of offers this week or so. I thought that they might wait until the deadline for deposits in order to see how many are accepting the offers.

Yeah, i'm getting confused myself with the whole process! I'd rather not understand it though and just get on with my life and hope for the best :p

Finally got an acceptance. UCC -- my first choice. I'll be withrawing my application to UCD. now the question is.. do i send in the insane deposit while i'm still pretty sure i'll be taken off a waitlist at a US med school...

Congrats on your UCC acceptance! Will look forward to meeting you around UCC. Feel free to post/pm me if you have any questions.

Congratulations LGamble. I got acceepted into Cork this morning as well...so the Cork acceptances are rolling out

Hope to see you there!

Has anyone heard from UCD??? :confused: Thanks!

got my rejection from TCD today

Hello all. Just curious, for those who applied to Ireland and did not choose the 'courier' option.... has anyone received an acceptance? If so, when and from which school(s)??

Hello all. Just curious, for those who applied to Ireland and did not choose the 'courier' option.... has anyone received an acceptance? If so, when and from which school(s)??

RCSI acceptance. regular air mail.

Finally got an acceptance. UCC -- my first choice. I'll be withrawing my application to UCD. now the question is.. do i send in the insane deposit while i'm still pretty sure i'll be taken off a waitlist at a US med school...

Hey LGamble, congratulations =) You must be SOooooooooooo excited!
Quick question - did your acceptance come via FedEX?

yes, the UCC acceptance came from fedex

yes, the UCC acceptance came from fedex

Okay, cool. Thanks a lot.

I'm just getting anxious! :oops: Seems several of you have heard from UCC/UCD this week, and since I didn't select FedEX (what was I thinking?!?!) I'm justifying the delay in my mind ;) ...

Trinity rejection 2 days ago. It's cool though I am giong to school in the States. Yet to have heard from the others.

I guess I will share that I have been rejected from TCD! However, not trying to dwell too much on it considering the large number of great applicants and seats available.
waiting to hear from UCD and UCC :)

As much as we say it doesn't matter and we aren't really affected by it, it still stings to be rejected.

I'm already thinking of next season. Gotta get some better MCAT marks first though.

Firemed