Let this NP teach you about CHF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parnemt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

766555.gif

I'm actually having a stroke

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have goat to be kidding me.

I say let her operate.

Reactions: 5 users
This information needs to be promoted by SDN/US medical students and doctors

We need to try to end the Caribbean med schools

Or force them to start acting more responsibly

Maybe they need to shrink their class size down to 200 to have more respectability
Even if they adjust tuition/change facilities to have the same revenue stream, they at least would be more ethical in terms of their claimed match rates

Well here is a very intellectual yeast explanation by your friendly, competent naturopath.

my favorite part is her saying people who have bad breath is because of methanol... rofl... I guess ketosis or what the person ate has nothing to do with that anymore- we can just assume fermentation due to lack of amylase

The unbridled rage that goes through me when I see and hear people like this. I don't have much problem with the RN since I'll just attribute it to poor understanding on her part, but the naturopath must have a really strong back from shoveling crap for years. The only person more deluded and ignorant that her must be the people actually listening to her.

my favorite part is her saying people who have bad breath is because of methanol... rofl... I guess ketosis or what the person ate has nothing to do with that anymore- we can just assume fermentation due to lack of amylase
If you're mean to her, she might not read your palm or give you soothing aromatic scents to cleanse your aura.

The unbridled rage that goes through me when I see and hear people like this. I don't have much problem with the RN since I'll just attribute it to poor understanding on her part, but the naturopath must have a really strong back from shoveling crap for years. The only person more deluded and ignorant that her must be the people actually listening to her.

lol- I'd rather go to a Dietician. Might as well make naturopath a BS degree....

Members don't see this ad :)

lol well i feel sheepish and that equates to a md/do.... how?

what i mean is how the hell do they feel they can give health recommendations with such limited training

Aww can anyone summarize?

damn i wanted to see it

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know about np. but here is what I have heard about pa: based on their training, pas are 80% doctors because limit in rotations, but that doesn't matter because they do 100% same job as primary care docs.

Well here is a very intellectual yeast explanation by your friendly, competent naturopath.

yeah poor chewing is totes the reason infections happen

sharpen those chompers ladies and gentlemen!

Aww can anyone summarize?

Imagine all of this in a middle aged woman's voice as if she's talking to a child

" today we're going to talk about CHF. CHF is when the heart (miming contraction and rotation of heart) isn't working very well as a pump(more miming). This can lead to leg swelling, SOB and tiredness. This can lead to leg swelling, SOB and tiredness (yes I realize I wrote that twice, she literally said it twice in 10-15 seconds and then did more miming). Thanks for tuning it and learning about CHF!"

TLDR is basically she spent 2 minutes explaining what would be a 1 line phrase in RR.

Reactions: 4 users
Something about the heart twisting but not doing it well enough to pump blood through the blood tubes. Only half of that terminology is me kidding. I'll leave you to you to guess which part.

Something about the heart twisting but not doing it well enough to pump blood through the blood tubes. Only half of that terminology is me kidding. I'll leave you to you to guess which part.
Gotta get that blood through the blood tubes.

I don't know about np. but here is what I have heard about pa: based on their training, pas are 80% doctors because limit in rotations, but that doesn't matter because they do 100% same job as primary care docs.

With the stupidity of your posts and multiple 0/10 trolling attempts, I predict that your SDN lifespan is <1 month. Enjoy your remaining time and get your affairs in order.

Reactions: 12 users
Yeah and IIRC mention of ventricular diastole but not atrial. And I'm sure any average patient will no doubt instantly understand the lab values and jargon she was throwing out in the middle, too.

And she was clear
ly reading a
cue card or tel
epromter.
Poorly.

With the stupidity of your posts and multiple 0/10 trolling attempts, I predict that your SDN lifespan is <1 month. Enjoy your remaining time and get your affairs in order.
I forgive you for what you said.

I scheduled an appointment today with a new practice. Was it rude for me to say "would prefer to see one of the physicians (MDs)."?

Reactions: 2 users
I scheduled an appointment today with a new practice. Was it rude for me to say "would prefer to see one of the physicians (MDs)."?
No that's not rude at all.
I say the same thing unless it's a really minor thing that I want to be seen quickly about, then I'm fine with a PA.

Reactions: 2 users

negative soldier. half the time when i ask them questions theyre like " let me ask the doctor" pshhhhhhhh ok lets wait 30 mins for his 2nd opinions.

"Nurse Practitioners are LEADING the charge."

"NPs LEAD THE WAY in diagnosing, ordering and evaluating tests, prescribing, treating, and educating patients."

"I prefer a Nurse Practitioner as my Primary Care Provider."

"Nurse Practitioners: Fifty Years of Patient-Centers, Accessible, HIGH-QUALITY HealthCare."

Meanwhile what they are teaching at U.S. M.D. schools:

All degrees are the same.
You are all just PROVIDERS.
There is nothing special about the MD degree.
Tolerance, Diversity, Respect.

What would the AMA version of this video be?

I imagine a fat bald white man behind a desk vigorously counting dollar bills and licking his chops. I have no idea why that image is in my head.

"Physicians: 3,000 years of ........."
or
"The American Medical Association: 165 years of greed, graft, corruption, and incompetence."

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

"Nurse Practitioners are LEADING the charge."

"I prefer a Nurse Practitioner as my Primary Care Provider."

LOL "NPs lead the nation in ordering tests."

We know.

Reactions: 24 users