Anyone ever have or heard of a rotation that won't let you take the day off for Match Day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139416

Currently in a dilemma because I have to do a rotation to fulfill a graduation requirement in 4th year. My best bet without having to shell out $2-3K to do one out of state is to do alternative one which is commuting distance. The problem is that I would have to do it in the Feb-March period and this specific site is notoriously known for not allowing you to take the day off unless you are bleeding from DIC out of every orifice - even then they require you to do an H&P on yourself and present on yourself during rounds (jk obviously).

Members don't see this ad.

That is very unusual. I was on an ICU SI during match week. I didn’t show up the entire week. When I came back the next week the attending asked me: “where have you been? Walking around in a drunken haze?”
Me: “yes.”
Him: “good.” *continues rounds*

I got honors.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
There's no way they won't let you off. If they don't, you're sick that day and they can't stop that.

Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry to hear you’ll be having violent food poisoning on match day. Feel better soon!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1) get your eval and everything you need to complete the rotation done before match day

2) rotations that late don't matter. Take easy ones

3) complain to your med school to get it in writing that you can attend a day celebrating your achievement and the end of fourth year. They want you to graduate and be happy or at least pat themselves on the back for it.

No doctor actually needs or wants med students there. They want the money and prestige.