LECOM Seton Hill - Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, another LECOM Seton Hill 2015-er here, just wondering, where are you guys planning on living?

I am currently looking at Tollhouse and Starboard Villa.. but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions on other good places to rent from?

Thanks,
see you all in a few weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, another LECOM Seton Hill 2015-er here, just wondering, where are you guys planning on living?

I am currently looking at Tollhouse and Starboard Villa.. but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions on other good places to rent from?

Thanks,
see you all in a few weeks!

I LIVED at Starboard Villa this past year... Would not recommend. Looks like a good deal for the money...but once you add the ridiculous internet and cable fees... which you are required to pay at least half (even if you don't want the service) and the even more ridiculous $200+ electric bills in the winter (even though I never turned the heat above 60... plus it was never actually not cold)... Now kinda expensive and pretty much a crap hole. The maintenance guy is nice, but they only temporarily fix stuff... I moved in and the drain in the bathtub was broken... So I called... He came and said yeah he knew it was broken before I moved in... So he just took the whole thing out and gave me plastic stoppers to plug the drain with. You could also see on my bathroom sink where it started rusting, and they just painted over it.

It's hit or miss on your neighbors there... some are terrible, some are not... but the walls are paper thin and if your neighbors are home and make noise above a whisper, you will know about it. There are other LECOM students living there... but there are also quite a few Section 8 people

I also caught 2 mice in my place this year... the management doesn't care and won't do anything about it

My basement flooded every time it rained hard

Kitchen is tiny and the lack of dishwasher frustrated me constantly because you won't have time to wash your dishes.

There are plenty of students who live at Tollhouse... You might ask on the facebook group about their experiences... I can only tell you that they are owned by the same company.

Look on craigslist or mygreensburgapartment.com for more options
Also you can explore the Murrysville and Monroeville areas... they are about 20 mins and 30 mins away respectively and many students live in these areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll! Good luck with the beginning of classes. I was wondering if, when you get the time and have sense of what's going on, you could comment on the curriculum. Length of days, classes, what time you get up in the morning and the latest classes run until, etc...

Thanks!

Hey ya'll! Good luck with the beginning of classes. I was wondering if, when you get the time and have sense of what's going on, you could comment on the curriculum. Length of days, classes, what time you get up in the morning and the latest classes run until, etc...

Thanks!
Don't expect a reply any time soon, unless one of the second- or third-years sees this and replies. We've just come off of the first week, which isn't a usual schedule. The next three months will also be an abnormal (and hectic) schedule.