LECOM Master of Medical Science 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i know some other people did it but the most professional thing to do is wait for the letter. i also already called twice to ask other things before my application was complete. i dont wanna look crazy

When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
its unprofessional to call
I don't think they care. I called them the very same day I saw my status change saying that they sent a letter. Call them, I believe I talked to Hal and he told me I got in so you should be OK by calling.. but that is just my 2 cents

Reactions: 1 user
Found out I was accepted into this program as well as the post bacc in Erie. Are both programs the same? Any idea which one is better?

If you do well in the program, you’ll get an interview and won’t need to retake the MCAT. Don’t do well, and you’ll find yourself in a tougher situation. I haven’t heard anything about min MCAT scores to get in. I was accepted with a 496.
Have you heard of anyone who got an interview but rejected? I've been accepted into this program too and almost 100% sure I'll be at attending but I'm just worried about the interview session. Is there a way for interviews to go bad, except the fact if someone is an ahole or freak?

Have you heard of anyone who got an interview but rejected? I've been accepted into this program too and almost 100% sure I'll be at attending but I'm just worried about the interview session. Is there a way for interviews to go bad, except the fact if someone is an ahole or freak?
I think the thing we all will need to worry about is doing well in the program. Most of these interviewers are going to be professors or admins at the school, and if you can emphasize what you've learned without sucking up, you should be fine. No worries, just kill it.

Reactions: 1 users
like the first week of jan
Did you get ur letter yet? The day my application was complete it said they made a decision and i'm waiting for a letter to about the same distance so i'm trying to judge the wait time wise lol

Hi everyone! I applied to 5 SMPs including LECOM MMS and I am currently awaiting a letter as well. I'm all the way in CA so it may take sometime till I get the decision. I have been in contact with Hal and when I asked him if he could tell me the decision, he said by law he can't so he didn't tell me. I saw somewhere in this thread that he told someone about the admission decision by phone so I guess I didn't get in? I'm worried right now because I was rejected from 1/5 SMPs so far #RIP
My quick stats are:
cGPA: 3.31
GRE: 300

Hi everyone! I applied to 5 SMPs including LECOM MMS and I am currently awaiting a letter as well. I'm all the way in CA so it may take sometime till I get the decision. I have been in contact with Hal and when I asked him if he could tell me the decision, he said by law he can't so he didn't tell me. I saw somewhere in this thread that he told someone about the admission decision by phone so I guess I didn't get in? I'm worried right now because I was rejected from 1/5 SMPs so far #RIP
My quick stats are:
cGPA: 3.31
GRE: 300
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I would wait until that letter comes in before you start making any assumptions.

Recently accepted. Anyone looking for roommates? Preferably looking to share a 2 or 3 bedroom/2 bath, close to campus. Male here.

Wondering which program is better for getting into the DO program, this or the post-bacc program also at the Lake erie campus

I am taking DAT early March. I have my LOR ready. I took MCAT last year because I was always geared towards medical until I realized dental is the way to go. Anyhow, do you all think I should wait until DAT scores come back to apply or should I apply now with my MCAT (495) and indicate that I will be taking the other test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. I guess that's 2/5 now and I should start planning to be a rice farmer in far East Asia...

I am taking DAT early March. I have my LOR ready. I took MCAT last year because I was always geared towards medical until I realized dental is the way to go. Anyhow, do you all think I should wait until DAT scores come back to apply or should I apply now with my MCAT (495) and indicate that I will be taking the other test?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the program is pretty universal when it comes to Dent/Med. I think you'll have to tell them eventually but I'm not sure if it really matters which entrance exam you have a score for. If you're dead set on dental, I would wait until that DAT, but March may be a little on the late side to apply.

Rejected. I guess that's 2/5 now and I should start planning to be a rice farmer in far East Asia...
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, you still got more than 50% that haven't responded.

Wondering which program is better for getting into the DO program, this or the post-bacc program also at the Lake erie campus
Never hurts to snag a master's degree in my opinion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the program is pretty universal when it comes to Dent/Med. I think you'll have to tell them eventually but I'm not sure if it really matters which entrance exam you have a score for. If you're dead set on dental, I would wait until that DAT, but March may be a little on the late side to apply.
No I am pretty sure you are right in regards to the program being universal BUT given my 3.1 GPA and so so MCAT score I was thinking my application might get pushed aside right away. So with a good DAT score I actually might have a chance. But yeah, I agree with you that I would be applying a tad too late.

Recently accepted. Anyone looking for roommates? Preferably looking to share a 2 or 3 bedroom/2 bath, close to campus. Male here.
How long did it take to get your letter after your status changed?

How long did it take to get your letter after your status changed?

It took like 3 or 4 days. But I live in Florida, so mail is faster. Did your status say you will receive something within 10 or 30 days?

Just created a Facebook page for everyone who's been accepted: LECOM Master of Medical Science 2018-2019

I just got accepted and have a few questions! How is LECOM as a school? So I know that if you have a 3.0 you are guaranteed an interview to enter the upcoming class for that same year. Does that mean the MCAT does not factor in, because I got a 496 and plan on taking it again, but if I don’t need to then I won’t. However, if I do have to take it I would be studying during the summer and plan on taking it in August/September. How is the summer term workload and would it be manageable to do this program and study for the MCAT?

I just got accepted and have a few questions! How is LECOM as a school? So I know that if you have a 3.0 you are guaranteed an interview to enter the upcoming class for that same year. Does that mean the MCAT does not factor in, because I got a 496 and plan on taking it again, but if I don’t need to then I won’t. However, if I do have to take it I would be studying during the summer and plan on taking it in August/September. How is the summer term workload and would it be manageable to do this program and study for the MCAT?

Congrats! What were you're stats?

As far as I know, you do not have to retake the MCAT. They would mainly focus on your progress going through the masters program, and the interview.

I would email admissions and double check because i know for the Erie post bacc program you need a 3.0 and a minimum MCAT 497, so might be worth asking just incase so you aren't surprised down the road

How did you all submit your transcripts?
I sent 1 through the mail and the other via email through Parchment Transcripts. They accepts them via email if it's from a secure service like Parchment.

Hey guys, I was wondering, what are your thoughts on my stats for getting accepted here? I currently have (LECOM reported my grades for the post-bacc program as): 2.993 GPA, 2.873 BCPM, 504 MCAT, 110 AIS (28 ACT)

Hey guys, I was wondering, what are your thoughts on my stats for getting accepted here? I currently have (LECOM reported my grades for the post-bacc program as): 2.993 GPA, 2.873 BCPM, 504 MCAT, 110 AIS (28 ACT)
Hello all I plan on applying and have the exact same stats except my MCAT is 492 and AIS is unknown. I'm hoping it's at least worth it to give it a shot. Also I understand there are 2 campuses, is the post-bacc program the same at both or are they vastly different? Do you have the option of applying to both or do you have to choose? Please help post-baccs are literally my only chance lol

Had a similar sub 3 GPA, a slightly higher ACT, and no MCAT. I was accepted last year and was able to get into the DO program this year. So its definitely possible, but it may be more competitive this year. I believe they doubled in apps for the program between the first and second years classes.

Hello all I plan on applying and have the exact same stats except my MCAT is 492 and AIS is unknown. I'm hoping it's at least worth it to give it a shot. Also I understand there are 2 campuses, is the post-bacc program the same at both or are they vastly different? Do you have the option of applying to both or do you have to choose? Please help post-baccs are literally my only chance lol

The postbac program and the MMS are similar but different programs. The postbac is a Fall to Spring program, while the MMS is a Summer to Spring program. The postbac has linkage to the northern campuses, while the MMS is for the Florida campus. I was able to apply to both last year, so I don't think that would be an issue.

Has anyone applied to other schools and sent transcripts to them while in the masters program? For example, would we be able to get a transcript for lecom after the summer semester and upload that to our applications?

Last edited:
hello everyone! sorry i'm late to the party. but i'm currently waiting on a letter as well. it was really nerve-wracking because my MCAT scores didn't get sent over initially like they were supposed to and he said that "all we need to do is just verify your MCAT scores with the breakdown", so now that my status is changed, i'm really hopeful that i got in. i'm going by context clues that he wouldn't say that he needed to verify them to reject me, so i'm really nervous. i live in florida so hopefully it's a quick turnaround.

edited to add: i got in! so excited to be joining all of you!

Last edited:
Just received my acceptance letter in the mail, but i'll be withdrawing my seat so hope one of you guys get that seat! Good Luck! :)

Just received my acceptance letter in the mail, but i'll be withdrawing my seat so hope one of you guys get that seat! Good Luck! :)
howcome you are withdrawing your seat, if you don't mind me asking?

howcome you are withdrawing your seat, if you don't mind me asking?
I have acceptances in LMU's, LECOM - Erie, Wayne State, UToledo, Liberty Uni, NovaSoutheastern, PCOM Philly, and Case Western, still hearing on Columbia and U of M. Kinda have to make my list shorter lol

I have acceptances in LMU's, LECOM - Erie, Wayne State, UToledo, Liberty Uni, NovaSoutheastern, PCOM Philly, and Case Western, still hearing on Columbia and U of M. Kinda have to make my list shorter lol
gotcha. good luck to you!

I just got accepted last week! Glad to find this group. I will check out the facebook page.

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone accepted. I just applied Monday hoping it’s not too late! I was on track for a PhD but an opportunity came up and now I’m back on track for a pharmacy. I’ve been working in a retail pharmacy since I was 16 so I’m really hoping that this boosts my chances to the pharmd program but applied to the mms as a back up. Has anyone else taken the GRE been accepted? Any idea if they have a minimum? My stats aren’t the greatest but I have tons of experience (obviously), excellent LOR, a publication in a peer reviewed journal and close to 250 volunteers hours ( not really health related though).

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone accepted. I just applied Monday hoping it’s not too late! I was on track for a PhD but an opportunity came up and now I’m back on track for a pharmacy. I’ve been working in a retail pharmacy since I was 16 so I’m really hoping that this boosts my chances to the pharmd program but applied to the mms as a back up. Has anyone else taken the GRE been accepted? Any idea if they have a minimum? My stats aren’t the greatest but I have tons of experience (obviously), excellent LOR, a publication in a peer reviewed journal and close to 250 volunteers hours ( not really health related though).

I used the GRE and was accepted. The minimum is a 300.

Can someone answer this since it wasn't exactly clear from the website. If I am accepted into this program for Summer 2018 and if I meet the grade and other requirements, would I be eligible to enroll at LECOM (Medical School) in Fall 2019, or do I have to wait until 2020. The postbacc program begins interviews after the first semester after seeing your GPA. Does the MMS program work the same way?

Can someone answer this since it wasn't exactly clear from the website. If I am accepted into this program for Summer 2018 and if I meet the grade and other requirements, would I be eligible to enroll at LECOM (Medical School) in Fall 2019, or do I have to wait until 2020. The postbacc program begins interviews after the first semester after seeing your GPA. Does the MMS program work the same way?

If you meet the minimum GPA and MCAT requirements and apply you'll be guaranteed an interview for Fall 2019 not a guaranteed seat.

Last edited:
Do students still have to pay the “mandatory” health insurance if they are already covered under their parent’s health insurance?

I was just wondering how long does it usually take you guys to get your letter? I'm in Florida like 45 minutes from LECOM bradenton so hopefully I get it soon.

also do you guys know if there are federal loans to cover the programm? like grad and grad plus

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding your application. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 30 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."

Has anyone else got this? Does this mean im basically wait listed?

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding your application. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 30 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."

Has anyone else got this? Does this mean im basically wait listed?

I don't think there is a waitlist for the program. Probably just put the wrong status on your file. I'd check again by end of today or call Hal.