**LECOM-Erie WARNING!!**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I happened to hang out with a group of students from USC, and one of their friends was a student from LECOM (originally from Orange County and moved there for school) . I heard similar stories from this student too about LECOM and how depressed the whole school/area is, especially in Lake Erie campus.

Get the F* out of this school while you can...cheap tuition does not mean crap when you have to suffer from in class to out class (= no social life).

Members don't see this ad.

What the h.......?
What is this about not food and a dress code?
Someone send me a link.

What the h.......?
What is this about not food and a dress code?
Someone send me a link.

http://www.mutualgravity.com/dld/zhrfxocr/LECOM_2010CatalogRevOct.pdf - LECOM Eerie Student Handbook

"A clean and well-cared-for appearance should be maintained. Men must wear dress trousers, shoes, dress shirt and necktie. Women are required to wear appropriate dresses of reasonable length or slacks with appropriate blouses. Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extreme length, styles or colors. Revealing or tight, form fitting clothing is unacceptable. Beards and moustaches must be neat and trimmed at all times. Excessive body piercings are not acceptable. Shorts, jeans, T-shirts, and sandals without socks are not permitted. Students are required to wear shoes with stockings or socks." (159)

"Food and beverages are not permitted in lecture halls, laboratories, classrooms, break-out rooms, study rooms, locker rooms, or the Learning Resources Centers at any time. The student lounge areas and outdoor areas may be used for eating and drinking. Appropriate trash receptacles are located throughout all campuses." (163)

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe Dr. Bell said that. I don't think the environment here in Bradenton is quite as oppressive as in Erie. Most the faculty is on our side and will gladly fight for our reasonable requests.

http://www.mutualgravity.com/dld/zhrfxocr/LECOM_2010CatalogRevOct.pdf - LECOM Eerie Student Handbook

"A clean and well-cared-for appearance should be maintained. Men must wear dress trousers, shoes, dress shirt and necktie. Women are required to wear appropriate dresses of reasonable length or slacks with appropriate blouses. Hairstyles should be clean and neat, avoiding extreme length, styles or colors. Revealing or tight, form fitting clothing is unacceptable. Beards and moustaches must be neat and trimmed at all times. Excessive body piercings are not acceptable. Shorts, jeans, T-shirts, and sandals without socks are not permitted. Students are required to wear shoes with stockings or socks." (159)

"Food and beverages are not permitted in lecture halls, laboratories, classrooms, break-out rooms, study rooms, locker rooms, or the Learning Resources Centers at any time. The student lounge areas and outdoor areas may be used for eating and drinking. Appropriate trash receptacles are located throughout all campuses." (163)

Good work Dave! :)

Ah, academia. The only place in the world outside of Bangkok where people pay you to torture them.

And don't you forget that. You are paying them. Don't let them bully you. All of this is a facade of power - and they LOVE to pretend that they can wield it. He can't do anything to your class and he knows it.

This "professionalism" thing is mostly just semantics, anyway. He is defining "professionalism" as doing what you are told and not sharing your opinion with others if it is a negative one. Which is typical from people in academia. They aren't used to being questioned and told that their product is terrible.

Even if they find out who it is, they can't really do anything about it. A good lawyer would decimate whatever crap they tried to give you for stating your opinion on their illegitimate business practices in a public place.

But if the OP is true, it sounds a lot like the dean that used to run HICP. Has the dean hired a bodyguard and begun yelling at you with a bullhorn while driving around in a golf cart yet?

There's a comparison I bet LECOM doesn't want...one that compares their dean to old Hasan from HICP.

Well, Dean, since we know you read this site...and, assuming that all of this is true...how about you stop being an overbearing dictator of your insignificant little academia fiefdom, accept the fact that YOU misrepresented your school to these people, and own up to the problem by telling them that you were wrong and that any criticism toward your school is justified. Trying to bully a bunch of 20 year olds into fearing you and your mighty little wrath is pretty stupid. I would find that much more embarrassing to the reputation of LECOM than the fallout created by a lack of rotation sites.

The issue itself is no big deal. It's not like with a thousand new schools opening up that there isn't a deficit of rotation sites everywhere. Just tell the kids that because your colleagues at the new private schools are competing with LECOM and other schools for rotations, your school is losing some sites. Then tell them they might have to come into Erie to do a rotation or two. And then when they start whining, be a freaking PROFESSIONAL and accept the fact that your institution was unable to deliver on what they promised.

I like :thumbup:

saywhaaaaaaaat-1.gif

Sounds like a pretty ****ty school to me.

Did I mention the fact they take attendance! They took attendance just before the dean came in. I was in my ASSIGNED SEAT (like a good student), but some students were not. I watched them get up to go talk to the attendance taker, and her reply was "then you should have been in your seat!"
here is an email we got a few weeks ago.
"Good morning everyone
It seems that there are a few students that are ‘playing musical chairs’ in the lecture hall. Everyone was given the opportunity to select their seat at the beginning of the semester.
Please stay in these seats."

This is one of the "NICE" emails we get about this. it is usually followed with "disciplinary action will be taken if you do not attend class" At least they asked "PLEASE", this time.
I had no idea that higher education truancy policies until I came to LECOM. BTW you need to fill out an absentee form to get an excused absence. I can post that if you like.

ib_landaxfdtopiclist.gif

You're saying that they should alert the media because of a dress code and ban on food and drink in the class room? Or are you saying they should alert the press because of a change in policy?

Both are better-handled internally without the added pressure of having to save face. If you have the 5 o'clock news butting their heads into something they don't understand, do you really believe the students will benefit?

Members don't see this ad :)
There has been alot of speculations about who i am and who am not. I just wanna say that I am not be who think I am. This is a forum where you can choose any user name you want. If I chose a username "DrBellRinger", nobody in their right mind would suppose that i am Dr BellRinger. I chose the username I have because I am a fan of Mahatma Ghandi a renowned philosopher of Pakistani or Indian origin. , so please everybody leave the poor guy alone. I am impressed, however, at how he is handling all the eye pointing...

Thanks.

If you are NOT who we think you are...then why post your name on this site almost 2years ago..."Any Nigeria Pre-pharm?"...you may of deleted your own posts as an attempt to hide this information however you cannot delete the posts of those who used your post as a quote in their reply...HAVE SOME DIGINITY>>>STAND UP FOR YOUR OPINION OR DON"T HAVE ONE!!!!
Furthermore there is nothing more pathetic than to pat yourself on the back for lying to your fellow classmates, who know your way of speaking and self-righteousness oh too well...May there be a day when you can be a person of good conscience and own your actions!!

Originally Posted by Ghady 11-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Greateeeeest Nigerian Studeeeeents?......I hail ooo, Na ur boy Ogadinma from UNN Nsukka, to Illionis Institute of Technology, Chicago, to some yeye community college where my mumu dump me for, but God dey shaa.lmao. Abeg, I get some interview for midwestern, IL.....Any other niaja person go dey there? Holla back!!!!!

Last edited:
Good work Dave! :)

The problem is NOT the dress code or the stupid knick knack rules, which they are. it's about the fact that a "so called professional" and DEAN, the freakin’ dean of the pharmacy school, had made such a ridiculous claim. EVERY student is unprofessional because ONE posts an obscure thread (which I had NO clue about until the SGA brought it up). Most people don't take these things all that seriously anyway.

What audacity. Throwing their responsibility upon us, and walking away without giving us a chance to comment, make a statement, or even ask "what in the sam hell could WE do about it?" should we get a some pitch forks and start a lynch mob? It’s like a witch hunt.

Does anyone in the LECOM 2012 class disagree? If so, GREAT!!!! Let’s discuss this, in the open, so those who want to come to this school will have a realization of what they might have to deal with.

Just withhold donations when you graduate and talk crap once you're out of that hell hole...or google bomb it so when you search for LECOM you pull this stuff up.

this thread is quite entertaining....someone post a picture of the dean up. we can be the next /b :smuggrin:

I find these posts by several LECOM students to be quite immature, utterly unprofessional and are an embarrassment to the school. I hate to break it to you unhappy (and anyone else who decided it would be a good idea to bash the school), but you do not always get what you want or what is "promised." WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. If you plan on working in the community or institutional setting, be prepared for this because it WILL happen. The only difference is that if you decide to display the same immature actions as you did here and bash your employer because he/she did not "keep his/her promise," then your rear end will be fired faster than you ever thought imaginable. If you don't like it, then TOUGH LUCK. You can bring up all these amendments and whatnot to try and protect your "right" but it will only cause more problems, which seems to be your only motive. I am a firm believer that a student should be proud to represent the institution from which he or she receives an education. If you decide to ridicule it and give it a bad reputation then you should no longer be a part of it. There are hundreds of others out there who would love to have your spot and would never consider carrying out the actions which you have. Throwing out your aimless comments about the school did not accomplish anything and only created a problem. Next time an issue such as this comes about, I suggest you speak to a person with authority instead of posting on a site which will accomplish very little in helping your cause. Not only will it be more effective, but it may also help in your transition from a bickering little child to a mature adult.

On a side note, Dr. Bell was able to address the issue and it seems like everyone who had a "major" problem with having to come back to school to do a 6 week rotation will now be able to go home to complete them.

I believe Dr. Bell had every right to speak to us the way he did. What you must realize is that every single person in the class represents the entire school. One bad egg can ruin the reputation for everyone else. I do not know if you realize this, but our class is filled with very bright students who will represent LECOM exceptionally well when they graduate. The only problem is that if ONE student keeps saying how bad LECOM "sucks," then employers and other "higher-ups" may eventually catch wind and develop false presumptions about the quality of the school. Pharmacy jobs are beginning to become more and more competitive. Five years ago, an employer would hire you on the spot if they saw that you had a license. As jobs become harder and harder to come by, employers will start taking other things into consideration such as academia, community service and institutional reputation. Whether you like or dislike LECOM, it is essential that the class represents their school's name in a positive way by being mature adults when things don't always go the way you want it to. Graduating from an institution with a solid background will not only make you more competitive in the field but will also open the door for more opportunities. When it is all said and done, would you not want your patients to say "Oh you went to LECOM? I have heard great things about the school." I know I sure would.

Last edited:
I find these posts by several LECOM students to be quite immature, utterly unprofessional and are an embarrassment to the school. I hate to break it to you unhappy (and anyone else who decided it would be a good idea to bash the school), but you do not always get what you want or what is “promised." WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. If you plan on working in the community or institutional setting, be prepared for this because it WILL happen. The only difference is that if you decide to display the same immature actions as you did here and bash your employer because he/she did not “keep his/her promise,” then your rear end will be fired faster than you ever thought imaginable. If you don’t like it, then TOUGH LUCK. You can bring up all these amendments and whatnot to try and protect your “right” but it will only cause more problems, which seems to be your only motive. I am a firm believer that a student should be proud to represent the institution from which he or she receives an education. If you decide to ridicule it and give it a bad reputation then you should no longer be a part of it. There are hundreds of others out there who would love to have your spot and would never consider carrying out the actions which you have. Throwing out your aimless comments about the school did not accomplish anything and only created a problem. Next time an issue such as this comes about, I suggest you speak to a person with authority instead of posting on a site which will accomplish very little in helping your cause. Not only will it be more effective, but it may also help in your transition from a bickering little child to a mature adult.

On a side note, Dr. Bell was able to address the issue and it seems like everyone who had a “major” problem with having to come back to school to do a 6 week rotation will now be able to go home to complete them.

I believe Dr. Bell had every right to speak to us the way he did. What you must realize is that every single person in the class represents the entire school. One bad egg can ruin the reputation for everyone else. I do not know if you realize this, but our class is filled with very bright students who will represent LECOM exceptionally well when they graduate. The only problem is that if ONE student keeps saying how bad LECOM “sucks,” then employers and other “higher-ups” may eventually catch wind and develop false presumptions about the quality of the school. Pharmacy jobs are beginning to become more and more competitive. Five years ago, an employer would hire you on the spot if they saw that you had a license. As jobs become harder and harder to come by, employers will start taking other things into consideration such as academia, community service and institutional reputation. Whether you like or dislike LECOM, it is essential that the class represents their school’s name in a positive way by being mature adults when things don’t always go the way you want it to. Graduating from an institution with a solid background will not only make you more competitive in the field but will also open the door for more opportunities. When it is all said and done, would you not want your patients to say “Oh you went to LECOM? I have heard great things about the school.” I know I sure would.

The school isn't paying you. You are paying the school for a product. If the product is not as advertised, you can complain and bitch about it all you want.

I find these posts by several LECOM students to be quite immature, utterly unprofessional and are an embarrassment to the school. I hate to break it to you unhappy (and anyone else who decided it would be a good idea to bash the school), but you do not always get what you want or what is “promised." WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. If you plan on working in the community or institutional setting, be prepared for this because it WILL happen. The only difference is that if you decide to display the same immature actions as you did here and bash your employer because he/she did not “keep his/her promise,” then your rear end will be fired faster than you ever thought imaginable. If you don’t like it, then TOUGH LUCK. You can bring up all these amendments and whatnot to try and protect your “right” but it will only cause more problems, which seems to be your only motive. I am a firm believer that a student should be proud to represent the institution from which he or she receives an education. If you decide to ridicule it and give it a bad reputation then you should no longer be a part of it. There are hundreds of others out there who would love to have your spot and would never consider carrying out the actions which you have. Throwing out your aimless comments about the school did not accomplish anything and only created a problem. Next time an issue such as this comes about, I suggest you speak to a person with authority instead of posting on a site which will accomplish very little in helping your cause. Not only will it be more effective, but it may also help in your transition from a bickering little child to a mature adult.

On a side note, Dr. Bell was able to address the issue and it seems like everyone who had a “major” problem with having to come back to school to do a 6 week rotation will now be able to go home to complete them.

I believe Dr. Bell had every right to speak to us the way he did. What you must realize is that every single person in the class represents the entire school. One bad egg can ruin the reputation for everyone else. I do not know if you realize this, but our class is filled with very bright students who will represent LECOM exceptionally well when they graduate. The only problem is that if ONE student keeps saying how bad LECOM “sucks,” then employers and other “higher-ups” may eventually catch wind and develop false presumptions about the quality of the school. Pharmacy jobs are beginning to become more and more competitive. Five years ago, an employer would hire you on the spot if they saw that you had a license. As jobs become harder and harder to come by, employers will start taking other things into consideration such as academia, community service and institutional reputation. Whether you like or dislike LECOM, it is essential that the class represents their school’s name in a positive way by being mature adults when things don’t always go the way you want it to. Graduating from an institution with a solid background will not only make you more competitive in the field but will also open the door for more opportunities. When it is all said and done, would you not want your patients to say “Oh you went to LECOM? I have heard great things about the school.” I know I sure would.

I agree...best reasonable post in this entire thread imo:thumbup:

33w1tle.jpg

I openly invite the original poster, unhappyatlecom, and ghady to talk with the entire class about this during our break... the platform is always open, just go like many of us have before and pick up the microphone and start talking. Oh wait, you can't do that because then we'll all know who you are.

As far as attendance goes, it doesn't matter if you're there or not as long as you aren't failing... not everyone in our class understands that. There are some people who don't even come to class and still have almost a 3.7 or higher gpa since the start of school. If you can't stand to dress up for more than 4 hours a day, then how are you going to make it in a professional environment when you might have to dress up for 8 hours a day? How many times do you see kids eating a small snack in the hall or standing at the numerous water fountains throughout the building? I see it every day, open your eyes.

Come on guys, it's not that terrible at LECOM... sack up and get through it like the rest of us. I don't hear the class above ours crying about doing a rotation in Erie (yes some of them are here, and yes they found housing for 6 weeks... it's called being friends with people outside your class and asking them to crash at their place for 6 weeks). Expand your base, don't stick your nose in a book every day... and stop with this online posting. We don't all share the same opinions as you, some of us are grown up enough to accept the fact that sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to get ahead in life. Six weeks of time in Erie for however many rotation spots we have to fill is hardly anything to get this worked up over, nor is the fact that they have said they will try their best to get you a rotation at your choice of sites.

I know, I know some might say "but what if I have a family and I can't stay with a friend?" Who knows, maybe if you talk to your landlord before July 2011 (read: Now) you can even rig up a deal to get an extra two months on your lease if need be.

I'm not trying to give everyone the answers to their questions and concerns but you guys are turning this bar-fight into a world war and it's a bit ridiculous. Please speak with all of us instead of posting on here, you'll find out that most of us don't mind some of the things you hate... and that professors aren't that brutal whenever you talk to them like a normal person and aren't trying to get credit for the answers you missed on the exam. When's the last time you had a casual conversation with one of them?

Everything works out in the end.

:beat:

PS: there's this fun little edit button thingy at the bottom of your posts... if you click on it, you can delete the whole thing. That's all Dr. Bell was asking you to do, not delete the thread... just your posts.
If you need help:
Click "Edit" ---> highlight everything ---> hit backspace (or delete) ---> then click "Save"

I bet your student handbook didn't tell you how to do that ;-)

I find these posts by several LECOM students to be quite immature, utterly unprofessional and are an embarrassment to the school.
Iceman I have to say that I agree with some of the posts previously done in this thread and earlier are very immature. I should remind you that you have missed the mark. I do not care about the dress codes of the school.

again!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE DRESS CODE!!!!!! or any other agreement I had with the school.

I stated my oppinion about the change in rotation plans directly to the dean himself. I went throught the proper channels to present my disappointment. Is that "immature"? or "utterly unprofessional"?

Please reread my previous post about this, and if you would like to pick it apart, do so. I am not an overly emotional child that has a knee jerk reaction to things like this. I keep to my own. If I am going to be pushed around as though I am insignificant to the educational system that I have choosen to attend, I will push back.

I did not have a big proplem with the fact that LECOM made changes to the rotations. I had it in good faith that the dean would listen to our request; which he did. I DO, however, have a big problem when I am told that I am unprofessional because I was studying and UNAWARE of the immature actions of ONE (maybe two) students in my class!

I AM a proffessional and I will graduate from LECOM. I am informing prospective students of what they may deal with if they choose to attend this institution.

PLEASE reply back. I do appreciate your input.

Last edited:
i laugh, b/c these are petty reasons

there are other BIG reasons to dislike that place

such as: a student caught stealing the test, but wasnt thrown out cuz daddy was a head of a medical organization

such as: this girl was caught cheating during test, they were gonna throw her out, so she threaten to sue, so they allowed her back in

they dont do anything against cheating cuz 1) they dont want bad publicity and 2) they dont want to lose those $$ in tuition

and oh yea, they know they get bashed on SDN, they tell their students not to listen to anything on this site

and oh yea, one of their med students got busted for trying to start a international sex slave trade :laugh::laugh::laugh:

why are people deleting their posts?

they cant do anything bout it, stop buying into their scare tactic

i laugh, b/c these are petty reasons

there are other BIG reasons to dislike that place

such as: a student caught stealing the test, but wasnt thrown out cuz daddy was a head of a medical organization

such as: this girl was caught cheating during test, they were gonna throw her out, so she threaten to sue, so they allowed her back in

they dont do anything against cheating cuz 1) they dont want bad publicity and 2) they dont want to lose those $$ in tuition

and oh yea, they know they get bashed on SDN, they tell their students not to listen to anything on this site

and oh yea, one of their med students got busted for trying to start a international sex slave trade :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How do you know all this? It seems like if you went there you would say "this place" instead of "that place", but you seem to know all about their skeletons... And how do you cheat on a test, whip out a text book during a test...

I AM a proffessional and I will graduate from LECOM. I am informing prospective students of what they may deal with if they choose to attend this institution.

PLEASE reply back. I do appreciate your input.

I won't speak to what your dean said (I wasn't there) but what you don't seem to get is that when you are part of a group, the actions of one member of the group reflects on everyone in the group. I am not saying this is right or wrong; it simply is. When a few students come on and gripe about the school frankly I get a bad impression about both the school and it's students. So I wouldn't say that YOU personally were unprofessional initially per say but it still reflects poorly on everyone when anyone is unprofessional.

OWLEGRAD:
What you don't seem to get is that groups are made of individuals and that each one of them is different. Not every one can stand all the things listed here as happening in this school. It is this group mentality on which indivual rights get unsurped and no one can speak up because they don't want to taint the group image.
How do you justify the fact that an entire class gets punished because one person posted something on the internet. That is gross violation of people rights.

The dean legitmised the students concerns and made this petty issue worse by blanketing every one.
This could be handle in a much better way.

Groups are made of individuals? In that case ignore my previous post.

OWLEGRAD:
What you don't seem to get is that groups are made of individuals and that each one of them is different. Not every one can stand all the things listed here as happening in this school. It is this group mentality on which indivual rights get unsurped and no one can speak up because they don't want to taint the group image.
How do you justify the fact that an entire class gets punished because one person posted something on the internet. That is gross violation of people rights.

The dean legitmised the students concerns and made this petty issue worse by blanketing every one.
This could be handle in a much better way.

Alright now for a more serious response. If you can't stand what is happening at your school, leave or suck it up. Anonymous posts on the Internet do no go.

You should speak up, to the appropriate audience. SDN is not the correct forum for this. (Get it? Forum? I crack myself up.)

As for everyone being punished, this is pretty common, although it does suck. I am sure you have heard one bad apple spoils the bunch? It's true. Companies/schools/etc always have policies where everyone suffers because of the lowest common denominator.

I agree that it could have been handled better, but that goes to both sides.

The dean made a statement that this group of students overreacted to. Hardly anyone else in the class could give a darn about it. My guess is that it's one of the handful of students who complain about everything. If you are so concerned with the statement, go speak with him about it... Instead of feeding him to the wolves on here who aren't in the same situation and weren't there to hear it first hand. Simple remedy. And if you tried to stop him on his way out the other day, it probably wasn't the best time to approach him.

Companies/schools/etc always have policies where everyone suffers because of the lowest common denominator.

I don't think "always" is the appropriate word here. Where the hell did you go to "school/companies, etc"..? If you would look poorly on a class of students due to one "bad egg" then that says more about you than it does about them.

I don't think "always" is the appropriate word here. Where the hell did you go to "school/companies, etc"..? If you would look poorly on a class of students due to one "bad egg" then that says more about you than it does about them.

3 bad eggs now

The dean needs to STFU and let students have their own freedom. Students pay school to learn, not to live in a communism enviroment

We are talking about a school, right? Every school has policies put in place because of the bad eggs. Every company has policies because of the bad eggs. If you disagree please explain why.

I hate to break it to you, but when a student behaves badly it reflects on himself, the school and by extension his classmates. This isn't really news; I think most people are aware of the idea that their actions have consequences beyond just affecting themselves. Image harm is one of those consequences.

What a circus this thread has become. All I want to hear from is the students at LECOM. I'm not really getting much insight bantering back and forth on actions have consequences and the dean needs to "STFU". I wonder what is going on at that school... I'm sure most students didn't have any idea this thread was started and next thing they know they're being called unprofesisonal. I'd be pissed too.

We are talking about a school, right? Every school has policies put in place because of the bad eggs. Every company has policies because of the bad eggs. If you disagree please explain why.

I hate to break it to you, but when a student behaves badly it reflects on himself, the school and by extension his classmates. This isn't really news; I think most people are aware of the idea that their actions have consequences beyond just affecting themselves. Image harm is one of those consequences.

I agree with every word that you have said. The students who complained early and tainted the school is one thing, but when the dean makes such a claim or statement that is in no interest of the students themselves. What does that say about the institution?

Everyone knows that every group/company/school has the outliers whom nobody really pays any attention to. Explain the impact of the frivolous comments of the people that represent LECOM.

If Dr. Bell is a professional, he would know that he made a mistake and apologize. I would if I were him.

What a circus this thread has become. All I want to hear from is the students at LECOM. I'm not really getting much insight bantering back and forth on actions have consequences and the dean needs to "STFU". I wonder what is going on at that school... I'm sure most students didn't have any idea this thread was started and next thing they know they're being called unprofesisonal. I'd be pissed too.

This is EXACTLY the case. I don't think anyone really knew what was going on until it was brought to our attention.

The dean made a statement that this group of students overreacted to. Hardly anyone else in the class could give a darn about it. My guess is that it's one of the handful of students who complain about everything. If you are so concerned with the statement, go speak with him about it... Instead of feeding him to the wolves on here who aren't in the same situation and weren't there to hear it first hand. Simple remedy. And if you tried to stop him on his way out the other day, it probably wasn't the best time to approach him.

I just want to clarify if you think that the dean what speaking in the intrest of the students.

This maybe be an "over reaction". Was Dr. Bell's comment not?

I just want to clarify if you think that the dean what speaking in the intrest of the students.

This maybe be an "over reaction". Was Dr. Bell's comment not?

I didnt have a problem with what he said, and neither did the entire group of students around me. We all understood that it was said in a way to get the participating parties to think about their previous actions. That's all there is to it. Not worth moaning about on some message board where someone claims LECOM is communism (by the way, that was the most un-educated comment I've read thus far)

that school has been bashed here many times b4

its nothing new

I could care less if the school has been bashed on here before, thats fine... it's in the past. All that gets done by doing that is you get a bunch of responses of people who don't go there and don't experience it adding to it. Arguing on here does nothing to solve the problem or work towards correcting it, if anything it just adds to it.

I could care less if the school has been bashed on here before, thats fine... it's in the past. All that gets done by doing that is you get a bunch of responses of people who don't go there and don't experience it adding to it. Arguing on here does nothing to solve the problem or work towards correcting it, if anything it just adds to it.

I agree to a certain extent, but I also believe that prospective students gain from seeing the kind of problems you have at your school. One of the benefits of having a forum such as this is that you can peel back the veneer of the admissions literature and see what students really think.

Granted, only a few students have been posting, but the problems they're discussing are apparently genuine.

All of the "problems" talked about here, aside from what was said about the APPE's (which has been resolved thanks to volunteers to stay in erie) and what dr. bell said, were all stated in the student handbook and made known to us during our interview process and during matriculation or at least I knew about it. Plenty of time to back out if you had a better option. Saying "its not what was presented to me" is like arguing about making minimum wage at Walmart as a cashier when you didnt even bother applying for a job elsewhere. The students accepted the attendance policy (which is very lax, except in classes that they make it a part of the grade...and again the assignments are able to be made up), they accepted the dress code (which for 4 hours a day while you're in class isn't bad), they accepted the no food policy (which again is very lax and if you can't go for 4 hours without eating then you should get a medical excuse and proper arrangements can be made), assigned seats (we got to pick our own this year by signing up for them).

All of that is pretty minor in the whole sense of things. And I'm glad finally someone sees that nothing gets done by posting on here.

^i had a girl on rotation, she told me when she had kidney stones and they still didnt let her have a water bottle in the lecture room

All of the "problems" talked about here, aside from what was said about the APPE's (which has been resolved thanks to volunteers to stay in erie) and what dr. bell said, were all stated in the student handbook and made known to us during our interview process and during matriculation or at least I knew about it. Plenty of time to back out if you had a better option. Saying "its not what was presented to me" is like arguing about making minimum wage at Walmart as a cashier when you didnt even bother applying for a job elsewhere. The students accepted the attendance policy (which is very lax, except in classes that they make it a part of the grade...and again the assignments are able to be made up), they accepted the dress code (which for 4 hours a day while you're in class isn't bad), they accepted the no food policy (which again is very lax and if you can't go for 4 hours without eating then you should get a medical excuse and proper arrangements can be made), assigned seats (we got to pick our own this year by signing up for them).

All of that is pretty minor in the whole sense of things. And I'm glad finally someone sees that nothing gets done by posting on here.
you are bringing it around to the isuues that are not relavent to what the problem is really about. Go back a few posts. I know what I agreed to when coming to LECOM. That is not the issue.

Dr. Bell completely oversteped a boundry which any professional knows, you do NOT make a statement about an entire population based on a small fraction of it. ex. "All americans are loud mouth slobs and live in trailer parks" This is no different than what he has said. We are all just as disresectful and unprofessional as the pot-stiring fool that started the whole mess.

You say that you don't care, fine. I, on the other hand, take great pride in my future profession, had NO serious qualms with the institution, and am honestly not happy with the comments made about LECOM. When I am accused (and make no misstake that is EXACTLY what he did) of being "unprofessional" and am responsible for policing the private life of another student whom I do not fraternize with, THAT is a slap in the face.

You really need to think about having a little pride for yourself.
I am enjoying your input though. thank you.

Assigned seating is weird. Not unfair, or worth complaining about, but it is weird. We have assigned seating for exams, but everyday class? Weird. I am curious what the gain is. Of course for the most part I sit in the same area anyway but I wouldn't like being told that I had to sit in the same exact seat. Do you at least get to change seats each year? You know, to shake things up?