LECOM - Erie Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a 4th year looking forward to graduation and I have some textbooks for sale. They are from the required texts list for 1st and 2nd years per the book list I downloaded from the bookstore online. Please message me if you are interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello and Congrats to all of you for getting accepted! I am a 2nd year and will be moving to Pittsburg in May to start my rotations. I own a 4 bedroom house in Erie, about 10 min from the main campus and 3 min from the PBL campus. I currently have two 1st yr ISP students (female) living here and I am looking for a 3rd female to move in this summer. The rent is $300/month and that includes everything! (room, heat, cable/internet, water, garbage) The apartments near the school go quickly and there is often a very long waitlist to get into them, plus they are pricey. If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my packet today. Just waiting to start now.

Last edited:
Enjoy that feeling because once school starts you'll be like I can't wait till this **** ends

Especially when you learn how completely insane the LECOM admin is.

Just got accepted today. Coming from Upstate NY and doing the LDP.

Congrats to the incoming class of 2016! I'll be a PBL student in Erie this year and I'd really like to hear any tips on the most appropriate time to be nailing down an apartment or house for rent. Since I won't be moving to Erie until late June/early July, I won't need a place until then. The few apartment managers that I've spoken with say they'll hold a place with security deposit for only 2 weeks, however I spoke with someone at LECOM today who told me there are already students hunting for a place to live - he mentioned getting on a wait list. Are only the properties within the immediate vicinity of campus using wait lists? It isn't critical to me to live across the street from the campus - somewhere in a decent part of town within a couple of miles would be fine. Is housing after a certain point in the spring really tough to find? Any suggestions for when and where to look would be most appreciated.

Oh, and I'm new to the forum, so please excuse any unintended breach of etiquette. :)

I was also wondering the same thing about housing. When to start looking and putting down deposits? I am in LDP and ideally would like to live with 1st year students like me! I am from Michigan as well.

Do you guys know anything about rotations in San Diego CA. I know they have started but don't know if its up and running and if it is what type of rotations are in San Diego. I am from CA and would like to do rotations out there if possible.

Do you guys know anything about rotations in San Diego CA. I know they have started but don't know if its up and running and if it is what type of rotations are in San Diego. I am from CA and would like to do rotations out there if possible.

There are rotations in San Diego. You can do a majority out there but they are hard to set up. I don't know all the details but don't sorry about it now. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us that got accepted and are planning to matriculate at LECOM when are you guys start planning on looking for housing?

For those of us that got accepted and are planning to matriculate at LECOM when are you guys start planning on looking for housing?

I'm flying up to Erie in April to check out apartments and condos....I've talked to a couple of landlords/rental agencies about waitlists as well...Right now my main concern is trying to round up all my vaccination dates for my physical this week.

Anyone know where I should be looking for apartments? My girlfriend is moving in with me and has a cat. It's kind of difficult finding a pet friendly apartment. I already called landmark square, brookwood village, and belle village. Are there any other worthwhile places? I read granada apartments are terrible so I won't even try it.

Yeah. the problem with landmark square is that they told me there will be no waitlist this year. They basically told me to call randomly about a month before wanting to move in and hope something's available. Looks like this would be a last ditch effort.

Oh really? That's really promising. Thanks! So I should be okay even if I plan to move in July right before LECOM begins classes?

Hey I was wondering how everyone did on the MCAT? My application is in limbo right now waiting on it and wanted to hear what everyones' scores were.

Thanks

my gpa was 3.0 both undergrad and post bacc.

i'm trying to get my medical paperwork turned in to LECOM. It says I need to turn in documentation that I received polio vaccination as a child. What if I don't remember who my childhood physician was. How do I get that documentation? Any pointers?

What kind of deadlines did they give to get all of your paperwork for the matriculation forms? Anyone know if this includes the background check as well?

What kind of deadlines did they give to get all of your paperwork for the matriculation forms? Anyone know if this includes the background check as well?

There is a deadline which a lot of people don't seem to make, then you will start to get messages from administration even if you have already lined out to take a vaccine that you have to take 6 months apart or whatever.
There is a drug and background check that you pay for.

There is a deadline which a lot of people don't seem to make, then you will start to get messages from administration even if you have already lined out to take a vaccine that you have to take 6 months apart or whatever.
There is a drug and background check that you pay for.

Thanks for the prompt reply Journey! For those people who don't make the deadline, what happens? Is the deadline for the background check as well?

Thanks for the prompt reply Journey! For those people who don't make the deadline, what happens? Is the deadline for the background check as well?

They say that if you don't have your vaccines on time you can't do any of the H&P stuff at the clinic (which is where you get tested at the end of the semester), but I think as long as you can prove to them that you have it lined out and you are doing it as soon as possible they will understand, but they will still continue to send you email about it and set up meetings for you to go to explain your situation.
I'm assuming there is a deadline for the background check, but all it takes is for you to follow the link that they tell you too and pay the fee, then get a drug test. I think not having that one done before class would be a way bigger deal! Honestly though, you want it done before you start school because you don't want to have to worry about it once you start.

They say that if you don't have your vaccines on time you can't do any of the H&P stuff at the clinic (which is where you get tested at the end of the semester), but I think as long as you can prove to them that you have it lined out and you are doing it as soon as possible they will understand, but they will still continue to send you email about it and set up meetings for you to go to explain your situation.
I'm assuming there is a deadline for the background check, but all it takes is for you to follow the link that they tell you too and pay the fee, then get a drug test. I think not having that one done before class would be a way bigger deal! Honestly though, you want it done before you start school because you don't want to have to worry about it once you start.

I hear that. I'll have them in well before school so that my only concern is anatomy and whatever else is going on academically. Just wondering if the deadline set in the matriculation package (which is set for April) was a solid deadline.

BTW is the drug test through the background check or physical?

I hear that. I'll have them in well before school so that my only concern is anatomy and whatever else is going on academically. Just wondering if the deadline set in the matriculation package (which is set for April) was a solid deadline.

BTW is the drug test through the background check or physical?

Some people got theirs from their doctor, I got mine from the background check. I did the background check first since I didn't have to wait for an appointment to do that one, and I don't remember exactly, but they pretty much just had be pick a location to go get drug tested and I was given a few days time frame to get it done in. That was the easy part!

I did this pathway and i feel it did help me out in the long run.

Went to get my physical today, almost done. So with the background check, how do you do the drug screen? How's everyone with housing?

Went to get my physical today, almost done. So with the background check, how do you do the drug screen? How's everyone with housing?
finished all the paperwork and physicals. just waiting to get off the waitlist for laurel springs apartments

My husband is a first year at lecom erie and I remember how nerve racking it was to move a family to a completely new place. If any of y'all are moving with a family and have questions about housing, financial assistance, or just want someone to introduce you around, let me know. We have an amazing group of "lecom widows" here to support each other in this journey. Send me an email at [email protected] if you need anything

contact the county health dept from where you lived appx when you should have received them as a child. They may have your records.

We're fourth years moving on to residency. Our house is up for sale. We've loved it, and I know that a few posts have had negative feelings about buying, but we've done the math (including taxes and interest and repair fees), and even if we end up having to sell our house for considerably less than we bought it, we still would come out much better than the amount in rent we would have paid. Just sayin'. And I have known one (only one) family in the last 4 years that did not sell their house on time, but to be honest, it was overpriced. However, they have had no trouble finding renters, because, as I'm sure you're aware, good rentals are hard to find in Erie. In most cases I've heard (students selling their homes), the houses sold before the students needed to move out.

Of course, buying isn't for everyone, and the pros and cons change depending on if you're single or married with kids, but if it's for you, feel free to check out our home. There's even a room in the basement with a private bath if you're interested in renting it out. More info at http://blueranchhouse.com

PS we have rented out the room to spur extra income as well. Another perk of being a homeowner.

Hi everyone! My husband and I graduated from LECOM pharmacy schools a few years ago and we are moving and looking to rent our house located not even 2 blocks from the school! It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom ranch with a 2 car garage on a corner lot with a large fenced in yard. All kitchen appliances included (all new within the last 4 years) and hookups in the basement for washer/dryer. We're asking $900/mo. water, sewer, garbage included. *****HOUSE HAS BEEN RENTED*****

Last edited:
i'm trying to get my medical paperwork turned in to LECOM. It says I need to turn in documentation that I received polio vaccination as a child. What if I don't remember who my childhood physician was. How do I get that documentation? Any pointers?

I had the same problem. I contacted my high school, and they still had my vaccine records and sent them to me.

Hi All,
I'm currently a second year and about to start rotations in Binghamton, so I am looking to rent or sell my house. It is a 3 bed 1 bath house in a quiet neighborhood about 15 minutes from main campus and 15 minutes from the bayfront campus. All appliances are relatively new and stay with the house (this includes washer/dryer). Pets are welcome. It will be available starting July 1st. Please email [email protected] for more information.