LECOM-Erie class of 2011!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am down for a group dinner before Wednesday, I can do any night. Who else? I would like to try one of the top restaurants that the 2010 class recommended, the exception being El Canelo because I just went yesterday.

Just started moving to Erie last night! Yay! :D

I'd like to come to the group dinner! Tuesday works best for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am a 3rd year at LECOM and just wanted to let you know that about half of our class just got our Step 1 scores back. The test itself is scored 400(passing) to 800. There were a lot of us that got higher than 90th%(>600), some in the 700's, and nobody has failed yet. This is just to let you guys know that you will be getting a quality education, but you still have to work hard. Good luck to you all and remember, MED SCHOOL IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT!

Aww Aubrey's Dad, such words of encouragement!!

Family Practice: Keithengineer, tcamdg, viobio2
Internal: tcamdg, SportyChick, bkpa2med, Buckeye4life
IM/Cardiology: Midazolamb
Pediatrics: Keithengineer, Lfribble
Emergency: tcamdg, ellasmom, SportyChick, bkpa2med
Intensivist: ellasmom
Neurology: viobio2, Lfribble,bkpa2med, soccerraj171983
Surgery: viobio2, SportyChick, Buckeye4life
Anesthesiology/Pain Management: amindwalker, bkpa2med
Interventional Neuro-Radiology: amindwalker, soccerraj171983
Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry: Lfribble
OB/GYN: Lfribble
Orthopedics: Buckeye4life

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm up for dinner whenever, Ken will be in Virginia all week- I'll be happy for some company!

Also- Today was his birthday and in all the chaos of moving and the adjustment of budgeting, I didn't really get him a gift so I was hoping to finish the kitchen as a surprise while he's gone. If anyone might be able to help me move an oven and a fridge back into the kitchen Wednesday or Thursday I would be super appreciative!

Hey guys,

I am a 3rd year at LECOM and just wanted to let you know that about half of our class just got our Step 1 scores back. The test itself is scored 400(passing) to 800. There were a lot of us that got higher than 90th%(>600), some in the 700's, and nobody has failed yet. This is just to let you guys know that you will be getting a quality education, but you still have to work hard. Good luck to you all and remember, MED SCHOOL IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT!

Thank you sooo much for the good news....with all the negative **** that has been talked on this thread this is a breath of fresh air. This makes me that much more excited to start! wooohooo

Ditto.

Lfribble, I should be able to help. It depends on where I am on my honeydo list and where your appliances are now (Toronto, Berlin, or Ulan Bator won't work for me). BTW, I've driven by your house 3 times today just in the course of getting around. Thanks for hosting the gathering, my family I really enjoyed it.

Just started moving to Erie last night! Yay! :D

I'd like to come to the group dinner! Tuesday works best for me.

I'm up for dinner whenever, Ken will be in Virginia all week- I'll be happy for some company!

Also- Today was his birthday and in all the chaos of moving and the adjustment of budgeting, I didn't really get him a gift so I was hoping to finish the kitchen as a surprise while he's gone. If anyone might be able to help me move an oven and a fridge back into the kitchen Wednesday or Thursday I would be super appreciative!

Tuesday works for us too. One of the places on the list was Fox & Hound. It has burgers, pizza, salads, etc...here is the menu:

http://www.tentcorp.com/menus/grub_0107.pdf

That place looks pretty good. Lord knows I'm always up for a burger in the summer time! Does 6:00 Tuesday sound good? Later? Earlier?

BTW- The path at Presque Isle is great for running/biking/roller blading. It's super smooth and wide.

Fox and Hound has good food. I've not been to this one, but one in Missouri. If an Appleby's/Fridays/Bennigan's/Cheddar's/Chili's, etc. were to have a child with a sports bar, it would be Fox and Hound. Tuesday 6pm sounds good to me.

My mom won't be moving in until the week before classes, so I'll be opting out of Tuesday's dinner. I will spare you the chaos of eating out with an 18 month old baby/wild dog. But I'm up for something next week once the moms arrives. Have fun everyone!

Tues 6 pm Fox & Hound...who's coming? :hardy:

Lisa & Phill
Lauren

Lisa & Phill
Lauren
Mark & Cathy-Jo (Without kids)

Members don't see this ad :)
so i was checking the concerts coming up in the erie area....www.rockerie.com (pretty cool website)...and I am way excited about the old 97's playing for free in buffalo right before oreintation starts on the 26th! I have seen them live before and they are a really good time! anybody interested?

Lisa & Phill
Lauren

Sadly, I have to work this week (but it's my last!). I'll be in Erie tomorrow to find a place to live, and I hope to move into town next week. Have fun!

Hi, i'm looking for a roomate, female , non-smoker, i'm a first year.
Thanks again

Lisa & Phill
Lauren
Crystal

And don't forget that the Presque Isle walking path offers a great coverage of deer ticks, many of which have Lyme disease!

Have anyone done the online orientation thing yet for security and the library? Are we supposed to print something out proving we did it and passed? When I took the quiz, nothing popped out to tell me to submit my information.

Have anyone done the online orientation thing yet for security and the library? Are we supposed to print something out proving we did it and passed? When I took the quiz, nothing popped out to tell me to submit my information.

wait, what is this online orientation thing?

anybody want to trade a two-room apartment for a one-room? I've rented a two bedroom townhouse but I really don't want a roommate and want to live by myself. So if anybody is willing let me know

Did you finish all four sections and take all of the qizzes? At the end, you submit your information. It just took me an hour to do.

Did you finish all four sections and take all of the qizzes? At the end, you submit your information. It just took me an hour to do.

How do you submit? I did all the quizzes... is something supposed to pop up on the screen?

wait, what is this online orientation thing?

We're supposed to complete several orientation quiz things before actual orientation on the 28th. Go to my.lecom.edu/lecom/orientation. But I just don't know how we're supposed to submit the results yet....

We're supposed to complete several orientation quiz things before actual orientation on the 28th. Go to my.lecom.edu/lecom/orientation. But I just don't know how we're supposed to submit the results yet....

Okay, sorry for posting repeatedly, but for anyone who hasn't figured out the online orientation thing.... it wouldn't let me submit the "completed" form unless I did all the orientations back-to-back. fyi. :oops:

Okay, sorry for posting repeatedly, but for anyone who hasn't figured out the online orientation thing.... it wouldn't let me submit the "completed" form unless I did all the orientations back-to-back. fyi. :oops:

Good to know, I wasn't planning on doing them all back to back, now I will :)

It's a good thing I had the forethought to write down all the different color codes for ID badges.

Do the whole online Orientation (all 4 parts) and a screen will come up prompting for your name and eMail address to verify in their records that you did it. The page says you don't need to print out a record or anything.

Family Practice: Keithengineer, tcamdg, viobio2,Boon-Doc07
Internal: tcamdg, SportyChick, bkpa2med, Buckeye4life,Boon-Doc07
IM/Cardiology: Midazolamb
Pediatrics: Keithengineer, Lfribble, Boon-Doc07
Emergency: tcamdg, ellasmom, SportyChick, bkpa2med
Intensivist: ellasmom
Neurology: viobio2, Lfribble,bkpa2med, soccerraj171983
Surgery: viobio2, SportyChick, Buckeye4life
Anesthesiology/Pain Management: amindwalker, bkpa2med
Interventional Neuro-Radiology: amindwalker, soccerraj171983
Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry: Lfribble
OB/GYN: Lfribble
Orthopedics: Buckeye4life

Do you want a 2 month old WACOM Graphire 4x5 that has been used once and is in perfect condition? PM me!

I got the WACOM in May for $100, but now I just ordered a tablet laptop so I won't need the WACOM for anything. I'd like to get it to someone who can use it. I'm sure it's cheap to ship, so make an offer if you want it!

It's a great way to take notes on powerpoints, and I think there will be a lot of that at LECOM!

So I'll be in Erie next week... anybody done the whole furniture thing, yet? Any suggestions on where to shop for sofa, desk, etc?

Value City Furniture has pretty good stuff with reasonable prices. Ask for Elizabeth. She's real friendly and said she's already helped out several other LECOM students.

Anyone have advice on how I can get a bed and a desk from an apartment at Lakeview to Mill Glenn without involving a moving company?

I looked up "handyman" in the Erie yellowpages and found one person that could do it, but they can't do it on the weekend. I could try U-Haul and get someone to help, but I don't know how heavy the stuff is and I'd have to get someone to help me.

If anyone here has a pickup and can help me move the bed and desk, there's a dinner and drinks in it for you :)

Value City Furniture has pretty good stuff with reasonable prices. Ask for Elizabeth. She's real friendly and said she's already helped out several other LECOM students.

Any reason you're recommending this particular salesperson? ;)

Any reason you're recommending this particular salesperson? ;)

I just seemed to really like her. She was a good listener, she answered all of my questions thoroughly, she married me, and I got a good deal on my furniture.:D

I'm moving to Erie in a week and half and I just came across this article on CNN.com today....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/collar.bomb.charges/index.html

It's one of those freak events that don't happen often ( I hope!) but I still couldn't believe something like this would happen in Erie, which is such a small city... :confused:

That is freaky! I think they based a Law & Order: Criminal Intent on this! The guy was supposed to get money for helping a bank robber (thinking the explosives weren't real) and then the bad guy blew him up!!! That's so.... excuse the pun.... eerie....

the smaller the city, the freakier the crimes. I come from this little town in western PA called Indiana and we have had some really f-ed up stuff there. i think the fisbowl effect of smaller city/town living drives some people bonkers whereas in the city there is more anonymity. just a theory...

the smaller the city, the freakier the crimes. I come from this little town in western PA called Indiana and we have had some really f-ed up stuff there. i think the fisbowl effect of smaller city/town living drives some people bonkers whereas in the city there is more anonymity. just a theory...

I always read about weird stuff in Bucks County, PA. That's just a farming area (I think) but there's always creepy things going on there. It was funny when they filmed Signs there...kinda like typical Bucks County type stuff.

I just seemed to really like her. She was a good listener, she answered all of my questions thoroughly, she married me, and I got a good deal on my furniture.:D

So was marriage part of the deal when you bought a love seat and couch combo? 100 bucks off and I'll put you through med school? If she's helped out a lot of LECOMers, you might want to check on her other arrangements. :laugh: j/k

good to know. my wife and I were going to visit the IKEA in Pitts to get somet things, and they do deliver from what I understand

good to know. my wife and I were going to visit the IKEA in Pitts to get somet things, and they do deliver from what I understand

How long a drive is that?

You can order things from IKEA online and they'll deliver, also.

How long a drive is that?

You can order things from IKEA online and they'll deliver, also.

Pitts is about 2 hrs south of Erie, so not very close...but not very far either. I don't know if they'd deliver to Erie though....

Does anybody know how often we have OMM class? Is it everyday? Just curious.

No, it's just one three hour lab on wednesday afternoons.

Appears we've about hit our limit for posts. Guess we should start a continuation.

Hi, i'm an incoming 1st year medical,
i'm looking for a female, non-smoker , roomate,
please email me
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.