LECOM Bradenton MMS Program 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone fro MMS bradenton received conditional acceptance yet? Im doing the program in Erie. Majority of the people I interviewed with, got their conditional acceptance already. While us who put Bradenton as first choice still waiting

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone fro MMS bradenton received conditional acceptance yet? Im doing the program in Erie. Majority of the people I interviewed with, got their conditional acceptance already. While us who put Bradenton as first choice still waiting
Yes, everyone that has interviewed from Bradenton for Bradenton have received their decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! To those who got accepted to MMS program at Erie.

When you received acceptance letter, did it say if you maintance a certain GPA and MCAT score, you will get into med school?

I mentioned that I am interested in dental pathway, but my acceptance letter only stated about the med school

Thanks in advance!

When you received acceptance letter, did it say if you maintance a certain GPA and MCAT score, you will get into med school?

I mentioned that I am interested in dental pathway, but my acceptance letter only stated about the med school

Thanks in advance!
You may get more responses about it if you post in the Erie thread

Hey guys! Got some good news today! A few of us got together to hang out before going home for summer and I've heard that the number of people that have officially been accepted to the medical school is somewhere around 30 of the original 36 that interviewed! They all showed a large improvement in their performance during the spring semester. Most of the other 6 that did not get the acceptance at LECOM got accepted to other schools.

I still think that program GPA is the biggest factor, then interview/professionalism in the program, then MCAT/AIS. Good luck and I'm always snooping on SDN if you have a question.

Guys what are my chances of hitting their MCAT score of 497 requirement which is my biggest worry. the program GPA i can push for 3.3 at least. My last science class was 2008. They sent me an invite to apply for the MMS program after I missed out on the AIS by a point. I don't have MCAT am scared to take because I wasn't a science student but Accounting. Do they prep you for the MCAT or the classes help for mcat? or the environment will push you to study better with other colleagues to improve your mcat chances?
I will appreciate your response

Guys what are my chances of hitting their MCAT score of 497 requirement which is my biggest worry. the program GPA i can push for 3.3 at least. My last science class was 2008. They sent me an invite to apply for the MMS program after I missed out on the AIS by a point. I don't have MCAT am scared to take because I wasn't a science student but Accounting. Do they prep you for the MCAT or the classes help for mcat? or the environment will push you to study better with other colleagues to improve your mcat chances?
If the MCAT/AIS is the only thing holding you back why not just take the year, save some money and study to crush the MCAT and reapply straight to the medical program? If you really want to go this year, I would cram for the MCAT now and take it before you come or plan on taking it between the summer and fall semesters if you really want to gamble. They do not prep you to take the MCAT in this program. There is also no guarantee that you will be accepted, there were people that had 4.0's and 510 MCATs that were turned away (granted they were jerks to the professors).

Also, this program is very hard. Coming in 12 years out of school with an accounting undergrad background sounds crazy tough so I wish you all the best!

If the MCAT/AIS is the only thing holding you back why not just take the year, save some money and study to crush the MCAT and reapply straight to the medical program? If you really want to go this year, I would cram for the MCAT now and take it before you come or plan on taking it between the summer and fall semesters if you really want to gamble. They do not prep you to take the MCAT in this program. There is also no guarantee that you will be accepted, there were people that had 4.0's and 510 MCATs that were turned away (granted they were jerks to the professors).

Also, this program is very hard. Coming in 12 years out of school with an accounting undergrad background sounds crazy tough so I wish you all the best!

thank you,
when u read most of the post almost everyone talk about their GPA but not MCAT, does that mean they had great mcat scores or once you do well in the program mcat is secondary regardless of the score? So after you get the gpa for the program but Mcat score is still bad then what?
when do they expect you to take the mcat, after the program or what?

I will appreciate your response.

thank you,
when u read most of the post almost everyone talk about their GPA but not MCAT, does that mean they had great mcat scores or once you do well in the program mcat is secondary regardless of the score? So after you get the gpa for the program but Mcat score is still bad then what?
when do they expect you to take the mcat, after the program or what?

I will appreciate your response.
MCAT is a minimum standard. So as long as you make the minimum it doesn't matter how high you are above that number. I had a 500 MCAT which is right at 50th percentile for when I took it. They only cared that I got and maintained a competitive GPA during the program after my MCAT score qualified me to get into the medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
MCAT is a minimum standard. So as long as you make the minimum it doesn't matter how high you are above that number. I had a 500 MCAT which is right at 50th percentile for when I took it. They only cared that I got and maintained a competitive GPA during the program after my MCAT score qualified me to get into the medical school.

So yeah thanks, so regardless I have to take the mcat b4 going into the program or they will expect me to do it whilst in the program since am told my AIS score was a bit lower as alternative. even if the GPA for the MMS was great. what do you think?

So yeah thanks, so regardless I have to take the mcat b4 going into the program or they will expect me to do it whilst in the program since am told my AIS score was a bit lower as alternative. even if the GPA for the MMS was great. what do you think?
They will not give you the interview if your MCAT is below 498. It doesn't matter how high your GPA is (definitely over 3.0), they need that minimum score for the system to accept the application.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the requirement is to matriculate into the DO program? is there a specific GPA you have to maintain?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the requirement is to matriculate into the DO program? is there a specific GPA you have to maintain?
They won't straight up tell you. Aim for 3.5+. Most people from my time around got in if they had between a 3.4 and 3.5. Once you get the acceptance you have to maintain >3.3 with nothing below a 75% in any of your spring classes.

They won't straight up tell you. Aim for 3.5+. Most people from my time around got in if they had between a 3.4 and 3.5. Once you get the acceptance you have to maintain >3.3 with nothing below a 75% in any of your spring classes.
Thankyou!

If you want to go the Brandenton campus you can take the GRE which is significantly less difficult compared to MCAT. However you will still need to take the MCAT by the end of fall semester to be eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone in the program know if summer and fall semester was good enough to easily score the minimum 498 MCAT?

Does anyone in the program know if summer and fall semester was good enough to easily score the minimum 498 MCAT?

It is very difficult, albeit not impossible, to take the MCAT throughout any part of the program. Even though the classes will somewhat help with the MCAT they are not directly correlated and you will need to take extra measures to read and prepare adequately for it. My suggestion is to prep and take it beforehand so you dont have that added stressor.

They will not give you the interview if your MCAT is below 498. It doesn't matter how high your GPA is (definitely over 3.0), they need that minimum score for the system to accept the application.
I thought it was 497? That is what the letter says. Also they take AIS though right?

I thought it was 497? That is what the letter says. Also they take AIS though right?
MCAT score changes every year. Ours was 498 but I hear about 497 to be accepted too. AIS was still on and it works pretty good if you have a good score there.

Hey guys, I’m a current student in the program. Just wanted to let you know that it is very challenging and requires a lot of work. I would recommend only doing this if it is your last chance to get accepted to a Med or dental school.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I’m a current student in the program. Just wanted to let you know that it is very challenging and requires a lot of work. I would recommend only doing this if it is your last chance to get accepted to a Med or dental school.
Thanks for the heads up, I even heard you guys had a 600 slide anatomy exam as well... hang in there your'e almost done with the program!

Yes 600 slides, not 600 pages (if that makes you feel any better)... I spoke with several people in the program to decide if this program was the route I wanted to go; like they all said, all in all, it is an intense rigorous program. It may be because they take the same or similar courses as a 1st year med student would. You may want to look into PCOM's Biomedical Program.

Last edited:
I just got accepted into the medical school and am finishing up the master's. I was wondering if for us master's students, do we have to re-do all the matriculation forms like physical, titers, signed vaccine records, etc. for the medical school even if we just did all of it for the master's less than a year ago?

I just got accepted into the medical school and am finishing up the master's. I was wondering if for us master's students, do we have to re-do all the matriculation forms like physical, titers, signed vaccine records, etc. for the medical school even if we just did all of it for the master's less than a year ago?
The matriculation packet you'll receive will tell you what you need to do. We get a different packet compared to those who did not do the masters. I only had to do the PPD, background and drug test.

Update for those who are still following the thread, I actually dropped the program pretty early on because I felt it would do more harm than good for my future healthcare career options if I continued with the program with regards to my GPA, I realized medical school wasn't the right choice for me, and just couldn't see myself being here for 4 more years (school culture, water policy, etc). It's a rigorous program, and believe it ramps up more and more every semester.

Not blaming anyone at all, but I wish I listened more closely to some people on here when they said SMPs especially one like at LECOM are risky and can definitely could do more harm than good. I know a few people who will be completing the program soon and will be starting DO / dental school soon, and congrats to them, but I believe a good portion of the original cohort ended up dropping the program, most without any course refund, lost time, and a dinged academic record. I thankfully was able to bounce back pretty quickly find an alternate path elsewhere, but for a while I felt I was in a worse place than before starting the program. Be sure to think long and hard about attending and as mentioned by a few people, only do it if you are set on becoming a doctor / dentist and exhausted all other options, including thinking about other careers in healthcare such as NP, PA, etc

Update for those who are still following the thread, I actually dropped the program pretty early on because I felt it would do more harm than good for my future healthcare career options if I continued with the program with regards to my GPA, I realized medical school wasn't the right choice for me, and just couldn't see myself being here for 4 more years (school culture, water policy, etc). It's a rigorous program, and believe it ramps up more and more every semester.

Not blaming anyone at all, but I wish I listened more closely to some people on here when they said SMPs especially one like at LECOM are risky and can definitely could do more harm than good. I know a few people who will be completing the program soon and will be starting DO / dental school soon, and congrats to them, but I believe a good portion of the original cohort ended up dropping the program, most without any course refund, lost time, and a dinged academic record. I thankfully was able to bounce back pretty quickly find an alternate path elsewhere, but for a while I felt I was in a worse place than before starting the program. Be sure to think long and hard about attending and as mentioned by a few people, only do it if you are set on becoming a doctor / dentist and exhausted all other options, including thinking about other careers in healthcare such as NP, PA, etc
Thank you for sharing this; I've spoke with others currently in the program who said the same thing. Ended up withdrawing. You made the right decision, don't ever feel down about yourself. I hope the best in your life journey, as you're only getting started :)

I'd like to add my two cents to this thread as well if anyone is questioning whether it's the right option or not....

Yes this program is difficult and it will likely make you question your abilities and path in life but if you know you want to go to med or dental school this program does what it's meant to do: teach you and prepare you. It's not a backdoor or free pass into the school it's a proving ground and an opportunity. I came into this program because I didn't study as hard as I should have in undergrad and realized I wasn't fully prepared for medical school. Now we are a month out from finishing and I got accepted into the medical school so it obviously can be done. Many of my peers are getting into their desired programs so this is a good option for many many people. It's only not a good option if you don't study effectively because then it will be too much, or if you have doubts that being a doctor or dentist is something you want to do then it's also probably not a good choice. But, if you can get yourself to study hard for ten months, and you know what you want to do then I would absolutely do this program, and not just as a last resort but if you want to be fully prepared as well.

Reactions: 4 users
I'd like to add my two cents to this thread as well if anyone is questioning whether it's the right option or not....

Yes this program is difficult and it will likely make you question your abilities and path in life but if you know you want to go to med or dental school this program does what it's meant to do: teach you and prepare you. It's not a backdoor or free pass into the school it's a proving ground and an opportunity. I came into this program because I didn't study as hard as I should have in undergrad and realized I wasn't fully prepared for medical school. Now we are a month out from finishing and I got accepted into the medical school so it obviously can be done. Many of my peers are getting into their desired programs so this is a good option for many many people. It's only not a good option if you don't study effectively because then it will be too much, or if you have doubts that being a doctor or dentist is something you want to do then it's also probably not a good choice. But, if you can get yourself to study hard for ten months, and you know what you want to do then I would absolutely do this program, and not just as a last resort but if you want to be fully prepared as well.

Thank you for posting. I really needed to hear this

Just a quick question, I am applying supper late, how long was you guy's essay?

I hope all goes well for you. Whats the alternative option you took?

What are the dates for the MMS?
I could only find last year’s dates

What are the dates for the MMS?
I could only find last year’s dates

are you accepted? They gave me a schedule in the mail. I lost it though. When did it start last year?

are you accepted? They gave me a schedule in the mail. I lost it though. When did it start last year?

Yes I’ve been accepted. I think I got the schedule but I don’t remember where I put it

Just a quick question, I am applying supper late, how long was you guy's essay?

Standard med school personal statement and a paragraph on why this program - is what I did

If I remember correctly, the schedule I got in my letter was from 2019-2020.
im assuming it will be early July to late April but just wanted to confirm the actual dates before signing my lease

If I remember correctly, the schedule I got in my letter was from 2019-2020.
im assuming it will be early July to late April but just wanted to confirm the actual dates before signing my lease

I see. I would sign for July 1st. When was the July date?

Hey all! I couldn't find the Erie MMS thread to post this in, but I thought I would share here in case anyone is interested. I'm a recent graduate from the LECOM Erie dental program and my parents have a house for rent in Erie that will be available this summer. It's a cute 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom house, 0.2 miles from the medical school and a 5 min walk. Students have typically always lived in the house ever since I graduated, so I just thought I would post here in case anyone was looking for housing :) Please get in touch with me if you're interested, thanks so much! :)

Thanks in advance!
For med school it is a 3.3 and 497 according to the letter! I don't think they say for dental school!

For med school it is a 3.3 and 497 according to the letter! I don't think they say for dental school!

dental is 3.2 and min of 17 on all sections to get a conditional acceptance in early spring (February) semester or a 3.0 to get an acceptance in May (after the program is over) for individuals who didn’t yet get accepted in early spring (February). If that makes sense.

Right now a lot of the people are still waiting to get an answer next week. There are some other small rules too but they seem to change yearly so I won’t state anything beyond this. Especially now that you guys are going online, things might change, but I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

hey everyone does anyone know what the cut off for Med students were in terms of GPA requirement?

Are you completely sure? I’ve been messaging accepted students in the Facebook group and they are saying 3.4 lol

Also btw these questions are for the Bradenton campus :)
I know Erie is 3.3 and 497

Also btw these questions are for the Bradenton campus :)
I know Erie is 3.3 and 497
The reason there's a discrepancy is that there was no hard cutoff. anybody with a 3.4+ got in immediately assuming they had the MCAT, below that there's a gray area.

Are you completely sure? I’ve been messaging accepted students in the Facebook group and they are saying 3.4 lol
Yes I am very sure. I am not sure why they are saying it is 3.4. Obviously the higher the better, but I know people who got in with 3.3 and less than 3.4. Yes, I am very sure! That does not mean that is what you should aim towards, but 3.3 got many in.

Status
Not open for further replies.