LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The whole 3 hr time difference is killing me >.< I keep forgetting to call right when I wake up and by the time I'm off work the office is already closed lol Going to try again tomorrow. Anyone know anything about more waitlist movement or been able to find anything out about positions?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been trying to call admissions for the past couple of days, but they never pick up, even left a message last week and never heard back

I have been trying to call admissions for the past couple of days, but they never pick up, even left a message last week and never heard back

Well thats discouraging. I spoke with them ~2 weeks ago and asked about when we'd be hearing from them and they told me Waitlisters would start hearing in June but didn't give me a time frame on if we'd be able to get a ranking or anything. I would have pressed harder for information if I knew they were going to go AWOL :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to someone the other day who had no information, except they have commencement coming up. So anybody who is in the know is probably busy. We will all know in due time!

I spoke to someone the other day who had no information, except they have commencement coming up. So anybody who is in the know is probably busy. We will all know in due time!

Commencement was yesterday so now they can focus on whats important, US! ;) hahaha jk :laugh:

I'm just hoping to hear something about my chances soon, the longer I wait the harder it is to resist dropping a ton of money into next years applications. I've already dropped 800 with a bunch more schools pending release if I don't get into Bradenton. I'd run the risk of not being able to pay the deposit to start classes if I spend any more on applications for the 2011 cycle.

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread ever since I was placed on the Alternate List back in March, hoping to see some sort of mass movement or activity on that list. I really appreciate all the high hopes and input...but the reality is that med schools everywhere are getting more competitive every year, and the 70% chance of acceptance from the wait-list will probably not happen this year.

However, I think all we can do is to remain hopeful and to continue doing what's best for us at the moment. If we're persistent and really do desire a PBL pathway, we'll get in there now or later. My fiance is going to attend UF grad school, so that's my extra incentive to get into Bradenton this year. I dream about my phone call every night and half consciously check this Thread every morning when I wake up with my Cheerios.

I did talk to Sharon today though, and it's true, the staff has been swamped with commencement work. I think once the dust settles though...this thread will finally come alive after all these months :).

LOL! I know how you feel about the time difference!!! hahaha!!:)! Im in Hawaii so its like 6 hours! and i work night shifts and sleep all day!!!!!! so i have like absolutely no time to call...o well they just keep getting more frustrated with me anyways. I guess I am going to take this ridiculous MCAT course of $2,000 and reapply everywhere for the next year...!!! i mean do you guys think we should wait a little longer?? I just think it would do my health a whole lota good if I had no more of this unneeded worry and stress and just have a back up plan...:confused::rolleyes: i think i will wait right up til the day starts for that MCAT course in cali then register and fly over there and take the course...by then i think i should have heard back...June 21st....so i hope...

So I called today (I remembered! yay) on my way into work and got through to Sharon. I asked specifically if there was any updates on waitlist or if the waitlist had been ranked and we were able to see where we were located on it. She responded "yes, but it doesn't look like I have anything in your file" and then tried to put me through to Annette who didn't answer so I left a message.

From the sounds of it I won't get a call back from Annette because they've been so busy but it sounds to me like there is some hope that we can find out where on the alternate list we stand if we get ahold of the right person.

Another update. I finally get ahold of Annette to find out the exact procedure for them ranking, etc. She informed me that the admissions committee selects groups of students for Annette to call and find out if they are still interested in pursuing admission to the program. Those students that are still interested are then ranked into a top 20 remaining students on the Alternate list.

She also said that if at any time we fall into the top 20 students on the alternate list that we should receive a call informing us that we have been ranked. She said that as of right now there has been no change in the alternate list so it doesn't sound like its moving much if at all and they have not made it through the initial "top 20"

Thanks for the update. I called and asked, they said that if we are in the top 20, we should have already received a phone call. As of right now, they already ranked:(, at least that's what Sharon said.

Another update. I finally get ahold of Annette to find out the exact procedure for them ranking, etc. She informed me that the admissions committee selects groups of students for Annette to call and find out if they are still interested in pursuing admission to the program. Those students that are still interested are then ranked into a top 20 remaining students on the Alternate list.

She also said that if at any time we fall into the top 20 students on the alternate list that we should receive a call informing us that we have been ranked. She said that as of right now there has been no change in the alternate list so it doesn't sound like its moving much if at all and they have not made it through the initial "top 20"

Thanks for the update. I called and asked, they said that if we are in the top 20, we should have already received a phone call. As of right now, they already ranked:(, at least that's what Sharon said.

so the remaining people are not ranked?

Hey everyone! I am getting so scareddddddd - I am sure some of you are also!!!! can someone please tell me if they ranked the list today, yesterday or sometime this week?????

if they ranked it today, may be they did not get a chance to call everyone yet?? i know I am trying to make myself feel better but that is a possibility.....

so if they do call everyone on the top 20 list, may be some of them did not accept...... :oops::scared:

wow..has anyone received a phone call? .. i emailed annette last week and got an answer on tuesday saying that nothing new with my file but that she will let the committee know that im still interested...i guess i was not ranked either. i dont think there is a whole lot of movement, people seem to be very attracted to the 100%pass rate and the pbl.

Members don't see this ad :)
so the remaining people are not ranked?

Correct.

After the 20 ranked we are just a pool of alternates. When the 20 ranked individuals have been offered, the admissions committee gives Annette a list of names to find their interest (probably a list of 30 or so candidates near the top after review). She calls people, gives the adcoms the names of those students still interested and they rank another 20.

hold on, I'm confused, I talked to sharon today at approximately 1230 pacific time and she said that they have not ranked the top 20 ppl yet and I asked her this like twice just to confirm that there is no top 20 yet and she said yes. also, she said ppl who do get ranked in the top 20 should start hearing from them within the next week or so. I'm 110% positive that this is what she told me...they will be ranking the top 20 within the next week. So, I don't know if she told me this just to get me off the phone or she told you guys the other thing to get you guys off the phone. this is kinda ridiculous, I mean why can't they just be honest with us

Sharon told me around 4:21eastern time that if you don't receive the phone call then you are not on the top 20 list (the list that already ranked the top 20). I also asked her that since the alternate list already ranked, then those not-ranked students won't get accepted?; she said no, not necessary. She also said they are in the process of calling those top 20 (meaning they already started calling). She also told me that some students on the top 20 might not accept LECOM because they choose another school.

hold on, I'm confused, I talked to sharon today at approximately 1230 pacific time and she said that they have not ranked the top 20 ppl yet and I asked her this like twice just to confirm that there is no top 20 yet and she said yes. also, she said ppl who do get ranked in the top 20 should start hearing from them within the next week or so. I'm 110% positive that this is what she told me...they will be ranking the top 20 within the next week. So, I don't know if she told me this just to get me off the phone or she told you guys the other thing to get you guys off the phone. this is kinda ridiculous, I mean why can't they just be honest with us

Last edited:
Hey caliboy510,

you are right! I spoke with them today and that's what they said - they have NOT ranked people yet and things are moving slowly this year! this is what I heard and this is 110% true!!! I am not sure why some people are saying they heard that they ranked the list!

Well i am glad people are reporting consistent information. If anyone gets notified they are in the top twenty please let the rest of us know. Best of luck to everyone!!

Why would sharon told me differently?:confused: Right after I talked to her, I posted it right away.

Hey caliboy510,

you are right! I spoke with them today and that's what they said - they have NOT ranked people yet and things are moving slowly this year! this is what I heard and this is 110% true!!! I am not sure why some people are saying they heard that they ranked the list!

Last edited:
I think annette is the only person providing accurate and reliable info so far. From now on, I should contact annette only for any info. I think that the reason the alternate list is moving slowly because they accept so many students. When they ran out of seats, they put those students on the accept-pending for an open seat. The adcom could also look at the alternate list from time to time and decide to move students to the accept pending for an open seat, like sophie17. And it's now approaching mid June, if there aren't any students withdraw their acceptances from LECOM-B, then whether the alternates rank or not, no one will get accept from the alternate list. I guess I would have to accept the fact that I won't get accept at LECOM-B and move on. The waiting game is cruel and like a punishment. I wish all of you good luck.

i spoke to annette this afternoon. I was told that the top 20 alternates have not been ranked yet.

Don't give up hope yet! Just because the waitlist is moving slow now, doesn't mean it won't move at all!!

I think annette is the only person providing accurate and reliable info so far. From now on, I should contact annette only for any info. I think that the reason the alternate list is moving slowly because they accept so many students. When they ran out of seats, they put those students on the accept-pending for an open seat. The adcom could also look at the alternate list from time to time and decide to move students to the accept pending for an open seat, like sophie17. And it's now approaching mid June, if there aren't any students withdraw their acceptances from LECOM-B, then whether the alternates rank or not, no one will get accept from the alternate list. I guess I would have to accept the fact that I won't get accept at LECOM-B and move on. The waiting game is cruel and like a punishment. I wish all of you good luck.

While the waiting game isn't a fun thing, and the alternate list is the worst invention in the history of man, there is no reason to give up hope yet. Anyone could be called up until the day first day of classes, and believe me I would be on the first flight out NY if the opportunity presented itself.

I am a fighter and will not stop until the final bell, and suggest you do the same!!

"In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade, And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down, Or cut him 'til he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving." But the fighter still remains!"
The Boxer
Simon and Garfunkel

http://www.youtube.com/user/THX8KanalMaster#p/u/3/CVAQhLeljsk

Hey hopeclass2014,

don't give up yet! I know how hard and painful it is to be on a waitlist and not knowing your status!!! I really think every school should let their students know who are on the waitlist before June because it's just not fair.....:mad::(

THanks for the encouragement! REALLY!!!!! I am so down right now...

I think we are all in the same boat, I wake up everyday in the hope maybe I will get a call but as days go by, its getting tougher and tougher. but we all gotta hang in and stay hopeful. I'm sure we will start hearing from them sooner or later. good luck to everyone

thanks you guys for the encouragement. I have been waiting for so long, almost 8 months now, my hope starts to fade. I try to be optimistic but it's so hard:(.

Hey hopeclass2014,

me too! I have been waiting for almost 8 months now......

thanks you guys for the encouragement. I have been waiting for so long, almost 8 months now, my hope starts to fade. I try to be optimistic but it's so hard:(.

Does anyone know when the orientation is? when do classes start? I am just curious to see how much time we got...

Does anyone know when the orientation is? when do classes start? I am just curious to see how much time we got...

Pre-orientation is July 22-23, classes and regular orientation start July 26th.

I keep checking this board hoping for one of you to get some good news! It seems like it has been a slower year than usual for most schools, I would imagine with the economy being as it is, a lot of people are trying to go to school.

I remember somebody way back in this thread saying that they spoke with Annette and she said wait-listers would not hear anything till at least mid-June. Today is June 15th, technically mid-June, so here's to hoping you all get some good news soon! Good luck everybody :) Keep faith guys!

Is anyone accepted and planning on attending another school this year? If so have you made housing arrangements at the other school?

Hey Sophie17,

Congratulations again on your acceptance!! :)

What is the pre-orientation for? How long is the regular orientation? When do actual classes start? When do students move to campus and settle in?

Thanks a lot for answering these questions! I am still on the waitlist but I just want to get some information on this.

Pre-orientation is July 22-23, classes and regular orientation start July 26th.

I keep checking this board hoping for one of you to get some good news! It seems like it has been a slower year than usual for most schools, I would imagine with the economy being as it is, a lot of people are trying to go to school.

I remember somebody way back in this thread saying that they spoke with Annette and she said wait-listers would not hear anything till at least mid-June. Today is June 15th, technically mid-June, so here's to hoping you all get some good news soon! Good luck everybody :) Keep faith guys!

Thanks!

I guess pre-orientation (July 22-23- alphabet dependent) is just for getting your laptop set up, ID badge, etc... Classes and orientation both start on the same day (July 26th)- orientation in the am/ classes in the pm for the whole week. I know how hard it is waiting :( Hang in there, and keep calling/emailing them every once in a while (without becoming a nuissance of course :))

Thank you sophie17! I really appreciate your support - I am sure everyone on this forum does! All I can do right now is wait and hope for the best :scared:

Thanks!

I guess pre-orientation (July 22-23- alphabet dependent) is just for getting your laptop set up, ID badge, etc... Classes and orientation both start on the same day (July 26th)- orientation in the am/ classes in the pm for the whole week. I know how hard it is waiting :( Hang in there, and keep calling/emailing them every once in a while (without becoming a nuissance of course :))

I got accepted to PCOM-GA. I scheduled to go up there at the end of July to look for housing, b/c orientation starts on 8/11. I am still hoping to get accept to LECOM-B so I don't have to go. What about you guys? Why can't LECOM-B just accept us?:confused:

I actually had a dream last night that I received an acceptance phone call from LECOM-B. Woke up & thought it was real; and still hoping it was. I can't help from sounding so desperate.

Is anyone accepted and planning on attending another school this year? If so have you made housing arrangements at the other school?

You guys are all so encouraging though!!!!! in a weird sort of way!! hehe:D lets me know I am not the only one in utter despair!!!!!!! :oops: THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Hey sarahlopez! yea that's true - many people on this forum are respectful, genuine and encouraging!!! :)

I am still waitinggggggggggggg.........when is this going to end??????

You guys are all so encouraging though!!!!! in a weird sort of way!! hehe:D lets me know I am not the only one in utter despair!!!!!!! :oops: THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I got accepted to LECOM-B last week. So thrilled. In my experience, there's no magic formula to moving from wait list to acceptance. I maintained *quality* contact with the admissions office at least twice a month. By quality I mean a thoughtful letter explaining my background and intentions in medicine, class projects, updates on my DO and hospital shadowing, etc. Keep in mind that the admissions staff is a group of kind and helpful professionals that want to help you if they can. Police persistence pays off! :D

I got accepted to LECOM-B last week. So thrilled. In my experience, there's no magic formula to moving from wait list to acceptance. I maintained *quality* contact with the admissions office at least twice a month. By quality I mean a thoughtful letter explaining my background and intentions in medicine, class projects, updates on my DO and hospital shadowing, etc. Keep in mind that the admissions staff is a group of kind and helpful professionals that want to help you if they can. Police persistence pays off! :D

Congrats! Did you know at any point before they offered you acceptance, that you were on a top twenty list?

I got a call from Ron Shively this morning offering me a spot for the Class of 2014! I accepted the offer! I think the key to my acceptance was a recent update letter I wrote, I had 2 abstracts submitted to the American Epilespy Society for current research projects as well as additional shadowing hours.

To clerify:

-I wrote an update letter and sent it 2 weeks ago
-I called last thursday to make sure the letter was received, during the conversation I was told that if i was being considered in the top 20 I would be notified of such ( I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED!)
-Received the phone call today and offered acceptance

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope all you end up somewhere that makes happy! If you need any information form me feel free to PM me.

With love from the guard, A very excited (and now nervous),

HeelHookin

Last edited:
oh my god!!! congratulations!!!!! no more wait for you!!!! good luck with everything!!! :)

I hope we all hear something soon....

I got a call from Ron Shively this morning offering me a spot for the Class of 2014! I accepted the offer! I think the key to my acceptance was a recent update letter I wrote, I had 2 abstracts submitted to the American Epilespy Society for current research projects as well as additional shadowing hours.

To clerify:

-I called last thursday to make sure the letter was received, during the conversation I was told that if i was being considered in the top 20 I would be notified of such ( I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED!)
-Called today and offered acceptance

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope all you end up somewhere that makes happy! If you need any information form me feel free to PM me.

HeelHookin

To clerify:

HeelHookin

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news! Now you have to start working on all the admissions requirements.... very doable given the amount of time we still have. I finished all of my stuff (background check, medical exam, testing, financial aid, transcripts etc...) yesterday and I was accepted on June 2nd. Just get started as soon as you can. Looking forward to seeing you in a month!

congratulations HeelHookin, hopefully some more of us start hearing also now

Congratulations, HeelHookin! That's an excellent news! You must be very excited. :)

To clerify:

HeelHookin

Good to hear someone else got the call!! I've already started the re-app process, including already having submitted next year's secondary to LECOM but I'm still hoping for acceptance this cycle. As soon as I get this new LOR I think I'm going to send it in supplement to this year's application as well as send it along with last years.

I'm just hoping that by submitting again for next year they don't take me out of the running this year :-\

Hey Sophie17! hope you are enjoying your break since you have been accepted already! I am just curious - since you were accepted pretty late, did you have a hard time finding a place??

Thanks for giving us information while we wait and wait and wait.......:scared:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news! Now you have to start working on all the admissions requirements.... very doable given the amount of time we still have. I finished all of my stuff (background check, medical exam, testing, financial aid, transcripts etc...) yesterday and I was accepted on June 2nd. Just get started as soon as you can. Looking forward to seeing you in a month!