LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O woah! Thanks lots!!!!!!!!!! my misunderstanding...:D

Members don't see this ad.

I feel for you all! Not a fun wait, but it will be over with soon and then you will be cramming for exams too.

Yes they rank the list, and from another applicant I know they have already started ranking the wait list for this year. In the past, they only ranked a small number at a time, maybe 20. When they go through those they rank more. The ADCOM are also our professors, so their inconsistancy this time of year is beacuse of exams and board review. The year before I was accepted, they accepted ~60 applicants off the wait list, which had in the low hundreds to start. The year prior to that, a few of the students that were ranked, but did not get a seat were offered spots for my class (I know one who is in my class now). I do not know if they still practice the same way, but they were offering spots up until classes started my year, but they did give you heads up that you are close.

If you have updates on your activities, grades from spring, etc then send them, but don't send a letter a day about how you love the school. You don't want to annoy the gatekeepers. One LOI is sufficient and then if you're going to check wait-list status call or email one of the admin assistants there (weekly, not daily).

This is a crazy time for them too, so the less distractions that they get the faster the process will move :)

Good luck all!

Thank you so much for providing us with valuable information! I really appreciate that!

I just have a quick question - I know that I should not be thinking about this now but I was wondering where can you get medical textbooks for cheaper prices?? I am trying to save as much money as possible....

I would really appreciate it if you could please reply back - If anyone else knows info about this, Please let me know! thanks!

I feel for you all! Not a fun wait, but it will be over with soon and then you will be cramming for exams too.

Yes they rank the list, and from another applicant I know they have already started ranking the wait list for this year. In the past, they only ranked a small number at a time, maybe 20. When they go through those they rank more. The ADCOM are also our professors, so their inconsistancy this time of year is beacuse of exams and board review. The year before I was accepted, they accepted ~60 applicants off the wait list, which had in the low hundreds to start. The year prior to that, a few of the students that were ranked, but did not get a seat were offered spots for my class (I know one who is in my class now). I do not know if they still practice the same way, but they were offering spots up until classes started my year, but they did give you heads up that you are close.

If you have updates on your activities, grades from spring, etc then send them, but don't send a letter a day about how you love the school. You don't want to annoy the gatekeepers. One LOI is sufficient and then if you're going to check wait-list status call or email one of the admin assistants there (weekly, not daily).

This is a crazy time for them too, so the less distractions that they get the faster the process will move :)

Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for providing us with valuable information! I really appreciate that!

I just have a quick question - I know that I should not be thinking about this now but I was wondering where can you get medical textbooks for cheaper prices?? I am trying to save as much money as possible....

I would really appreciate it if you could please reply back - If anyone else knows info about this, Please let me know! thanks!

Yeah, I'm super cheap so I did alot of comparison shopping online and I also bought most of my books from an upper classman. I also signed up for the free amazon prime membership and shared it with a few friends so we could get free 2 day shipping. Paperback/international version books are just fine and are usually cheaper, I know that the Phys book comes this way at least, and then there are a bunch of books on the required list that you don't really need. ever. Check out the c/o 2014 thread for book list review.

Accepted!!! Got a phone call this morning. I interviewed 3/16 and was not on the alternate list. Nothing but the best of luck to all of you who are still waiting.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Accepted!!! Got a phone call this morning. I interviewed 3/16 and was not on the alternate list. Nothing but the best of luck to all of you who are still waiting.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Congratulations!

Quick question.... so if you weren't on the alternate list then what was your status? They're typically pretty quick with their admissions decisions. Were you considered a direct admit pending an open spot?

Still waiting, waiting, waiting :)

Congratulations!

Quick question.... so if you weren't on the alternate list then what was your status? They're typically pretty quick with their admissions decisions. Were you considered a direct admit pending an open spot?

Still waiting, waiting, waiting :)

As far as I know I was to be accepted pending an open seat...

Truly the waiting is the hardest part :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

I know how you feel!!!!!!! I am waiting waiting waiting...........still wandering in the dark trying to find the light.....

Agreed, waiting is the hardest part. I'm trying not to get discouraged and trying to keep hope, that's all I can do at this point. Love that song.... and Tom Petty :)

:xf:

LOL! ME 3!!!! no news yet huh? WOAH!!! r u guys working right now?? what do you guys do? I tried calling the other day and had absolutely no luck...lol! yup never doin that again...i feel as though they are thoroughly annoyed of me...

still waiting here as well, patiently i think lol i just sent in my latest transcript, hope it all works out =)

LOL! ME 3!!!! no news yet huh? WOAH!!! r u guys working right now?? what do you guys do? I tried calling the other day and had absolutely no luck...lol! yup never doin that again...i feel as though they are thoroughly annoyed of me...

I'm working part-time, taking care of my 10 month old, looking for daycare with the hope that I will make it into school, and in my spare time scouring SDN for any info about LECOM's alternate list process/updates etc.... :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone - does any of you know if they ranked the waitlist yet????? I would really appreciate it if you could please let me know - thanks a lot!!!!

my understanding is they do not rank the waitlist... only the accepted pending open-seat.

When I accepted as an alternate, I called and asked my number and that is what I was told.

Good luck to everyone!!

Hey - I thought that they did rank the waitlist because when I called, they said that they have not ranked it YET. so I don't know - I am so confused by so many things that people have said - I don't know which is the truth anymore......

my understanding is they do not rank the waitlist... only the accepted pending open-seat.

When I accepted as an alternate, I called and asked my number and that is what I was told.

Good luck to everyone!!

They DO rank the waitlist, they just haven't ranked it yet because they have to go through the "accepted-pending an open seat applicants" first. I know it's so hard to be patient right now, but we have to try. Be positive and it will pay off in the end. :)

me too - I really hope it pays off in the end - thank you for the correct info

They DO rank the waitlist, they just haven't ranked it yet because they have to go through the "accepted-pending an open seat applicants" first. I know it's so hard to be patient right now, but we have to try. Be positive and it will pay off in the end. :)

So, I told you all that I'm scouring the internet and SDN for anything I can find..... well, anyway, I just went to twitter and did a search for LECOM-B and a girl posted that her bf was just accepted to LECOM-B about an hour ago. Good news b/c it means there is some movement, also good news because that means we are all one spot closer, wherever we are in list-land! :xf:

Congrats to whoever it was. Maybe it was somebody who follows this board....

Hey - I am glad to hear that there is some movement in the waitlist - at the same time, I am nervous... congrats to the person that got it - so does that mean they ranked the waitlist?????

another week has passed..... hope next week is a better week..

So, I told you all that I'm scouring the internet and SDN for anything I can find..... well, anyway, I just went to twitter and did a search for LECOM-B and a girl posted that her bf was just accepted to LECOM-B about an hour ago. Good news b/c it means there is some movement, also good news because that means we are all one spot closer, wherever we are in list-land! :xf:

Did this person confirm that her bf was on the wait list? If not you are making an awfully big assumption about where we stand. This kid could have very well been one of the "accepted pending an open seat". Even though any movement is good movement, just because he got an acceptance now doesn't mean he was wait listed, and certainly doesn't mean the wait list has been ranked. Just trying to keep it as real as possible.

I was not trying to give anybody false hope and I apologize if my statement was misleading. I was just making the point that even if he was not on the alternate list, and even if the list has not been ranked it still is one less person "in our way".

It was hard to discern whether this person was accepted and just waiting for a seat or on the alternate list, and without being totally stalker-ish and crazy there is no way to know. But, like we both said and I'm sure agree, any movement is better than no movement.

Hey Future doctors! I think you guys were talking about me tweeting about my boyfriend's acceptance. (He gave me permission to get on his SDN name to let you all know about his situation.) Hopefully this will give you all some hope.

He was on the accepted -pending an open seat list. He got a call on friday about his acceptance. Two weeks prior to this he called and found out that he was ranked under the top 20.

We both wish you all the best of luck. I know it is very stressful. But the good news is the admissions office stated that sometimes they accept people all the way up until the second day of the semester. So a lot can happen! Keep your chin up everyone and Think positive. :luck:

Thanks so much for the encouragement!:D!!! I was just curious who he had called though, because I had called and they specifically told me their is no ranking...woah!!! lol! I really don't know who to believe..:rolleyes: could you give me the name of whoever told him the ranking just so i can call and find out and also is that for ranking on the wait list?? or accepted-pending list??? or are they considered the same list just the first 20 of the waitlist considered accepted-pending??

Yeah that is pretty much the situation I thought. It seems that accepted pending an open seat, which pretty much is a wait list spot at this point, is more or the less the "top 20". Which means they have yet to touch, and i assume rank, alternates.

Thanks for letting us know, Congrats to your boyfriend!

Hey,

Thank you for giving us this information! I hope we all hear something soon :) Let's keep our hopes high!!

Hey Future doctors! I think you guys were talking about me tweeting about my boyfriend's acceptance. (He gave me permission to get on his SDN name to let you all know about his situation.) Hopefully this will give you all some hope.

He was on the accepted -pending an open seat list. He got a call on friday about his acceptance. Two weeks prior to this he called and found out that he was ranked under the top 20.

We both wish you all the best of luck. I know it is very stressful. But the good news is the admissions office stated that sometimes they accept people all the way up until the second day of the semester. So a lot can happen! Keep your chin up everyone and Think positive. :luck:

Thanks for the congrats!

I know from my boyfriend's experience that there are two different lists. There is an accepted pending an open seat list and an alternative list. To be honest he never got an exact ranking number but the Director of admissions called him back and told him that he was ranked under the top 20 of the accepted pending an open seat. I think once they get through the accepted pending list they move on to the alternate this. (these are the words from the admissions office and the people running the interviews.) :luck: good luck all :thumbup:

Received a telephone call yesterday informing me that they had a seat available, i ofcourse accepted and am very happy. I was never officially placed on a waitlist, my status on the portal just said my file was under review by adcom. Interviewed late March, am very happy.

congratulations! :)

Received a telephone call yesterday informing me that they had a seat available, i ofcourse accepted and am very happy. I was never officially placed on a waitlist, my status on the portal just said my file was under review by adcom. Interviewed late March, am very happy.

thanks...appreciate the kind replies, and wish the best of luck to everyone else waiting, hope you all hear something soon.

Congratulations!!! Best of luck :)

I'm losing hope with each day that passes :( Trying to stay positive, but it's so hard! Just venting.

Hey guys I been waiting as well patiently, but I also been reading in other parts of the forum about reapplying while being on a waitlist. I came across several people suggesting that you should apply to atleast one school while you're on a waitlist so you can get through the verification process and so forth. And if it happens, you get accepted, thats $160 gone but if you dont, then I dont know if you wanna wait til end of july to submit and wait for the whole verification process to begin then. So my question is have you guys thought about submitting, are going to, or just wait it all out? Not to sound like I lost all hope, its just I was thinking worst case scenario, that I may have to reapply, and if so, I dont want to be late on it.

Yea I was just thinking the exact same thing!!!!! I think I am going to apply within this next week to one school atleast to be considered for that one program where if you apply to only one than you increase your chances of getting in to that one by I think it was 70%!!!! But the problem is I don't know which one....cause I don't really have a home state since I am a military kid and have traveled everywhere...maybe USUHS...I don't know but are you going to write a whole new personal statement??? should I??

I have already had my transcripts sent to AACOMAS, and will be finalizing my app and paying within the next week. I will probably do the 1 school thing, and then add the remainder if I don't get off the wait list.

I wrote a new personal statement. I think you want to give yourself the best possible chance, come at them with something new.

I didnt completely start a brand new personal statement, but yea changed it quite some. My transcript is already in to aacomas as well, now im just thinking which school to choose, most likely will be my home school.

I got the call this afternoon and I still can't believe it! Obviously I accepted the seat!!!!! Don't lose hope guys, it can happen for you too! I'm so excited! :love:

congratulations sohpie!

hope I get that call soon too haha

Thanks! I was on the regular alternate list for what felt like forever! I did send a bunch of updated info over the past two months such as new MCAT scores, a new LOR, and LOI, etc... so maybe that changed my status? If so, I wasn't aware. All I know is I'm ecstatic!

Woah!!!!! congrats Sophie!!! that is the most encouraging one yet cause you were just in the exact same boat as us!!! lol! So I really really feel like there's hope now...sorry just curious when did you interview and did they tell you you were in the top 20?

Wow!! Congratulations!! You're giving me alittle more hope now! Did they notify you that you were in the top 20? If so, how?

I'm not really sure of all the details. A few weeks ago I was told I was in the top group, but I was also told that things were moving slower than usual. I don't know how all of my new information factored into all of this, so I don't know if it bumped me from the alternate list to the "accepted pending an open seat". Never really got that info? So sorry I couldn't be more help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I hope I get to hear good news also....

I got the call this afternoon and I still can't believe it! Obviously I accepted the seat!!!!! Don't lose hope guys, it can happen for you too! I'm so excited! :love:

:)CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:) I know it has been a long road for you. I remember we communicated earlier in the thread, eight months long on the alternate list right?:thumbup: Again you have my biggest congratulations!!!:D I guess you are lucky too :luck: