LECOM-B vs CUSOM vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazyboi1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my cycle is finally over, and I will not be interviewing anywhere else. I received a total of 8 Interview invites, and went to a total of 6 interviews, and have received 5 acceptances so far, and still waiting to here back from another.

Interviews Received; LECOM-B, WVSOM, LECOM-SH, Touro-Middletown, NYIT-COM, CUSOM, ACOM, BCOM

Interviews that I went to: LECOM-SH, ACOM, Touro-Middletown, NYIT-COM, CUSOM, LECOM-B

Acceptances: LECOM-SH, ACOM, Touro-Middletown,CUSOM, LECOM-B ... waiting from NYIT

I dont think I will be attending TOURO and LECOM-E, and I likely wont be accepting NYIT if I get in cause its super expensive, and I am instate and live 30 minutes away from the school, and want to leave!!

Can anyone shed some light into CUSOM, ACOM and LECOM B?? Pros/Cons,. I legit dont know where to go

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so my cycle is finally over, and I will not be interviewing anywhere else. I received a total of 8 Interview invites, and went to a total of 6 interviews, and have received 5 acceptances so far, and still waiting to here back from another.

Interviews Received; LECOM-B, WVSOM, LECOM-SH, Touro-Middletown, NYIT-COM, CUSOM, ACOM, BCOM

Interviews that I went to: LECOM-SH, ACOM, Touro-Middletown, NYIT-COM, CUSOM, LECOM-B

Acceptances: LECOM-SH, ACOM, Touro-Middletown,CUSOM, LECOM-B ... waiting from NYIT

I dont think I will be attending TOURO and LECOM-E, and I likely wont be accepting NYIT if I get in cause its super expensive, and I am instate and live 30 minutes away from the school, and want to leave!!

Can anyone shed some light into CUSOM, ACOM and LECOM B?? Pros/Cons,. I legit dont know where to go

If I got accepted to NYIT, I would definitely go there, especially when you can live at home and commute. NYIT would offer you the best opportunities, is close to NYC, and has an established reputation.

Otherwise, I would probably choose CUSOM out of the rest, but only if you can get a scholarship there. The environment is very different than what you're probably used to, and at least for me, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy living in a rural setting. If you love PBL, then go to LECOM-B instead. I don't know much about ACOM. LECOM-B was nice for me, but I'm not sure if I would thrive in a PBL, and I have heard not so great things about LECOM in general. The dress code and no food/water kind of turns me off.

Also, don't underestimate the importance of having family close by, especially when you're constantly stressed out in medical school. I moved from NJ to Boston a couple of years ago, but now I'm starting to miss home.

Last edited:
I second the CUSOM choice if you've ruled out NYIT, again only if you don't mind rural settings. Campbell has only one con for me and that is because it is not yet accredited. But I was told this really is not going to be that much of an issue.