LASUTH or LUTH Ob/Gyn One Month Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shigellosis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a third year med student in the US planning ahead for 2010. I grew up in Lagos until I was a teenager. I am going into Ob/Gyn and would like to have a one month rotation in Lagos at either LUTH or LASUTH or anywhere else.
I am looking for phone numbers or e-mail addresses of OB/Gyns in these institutions that can serve as contact persons for me. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shig,

I'm a 3rd yr MS too. I plan to do an elective at LASUTH/ Reddington Hospital for one month- in Spring 2011. I went home for Christmas and met up with an internist at Reddington. When she replies my email, I can let you know. Also, LUTH doesn't have a program, I shadowed there for a day during my break and their facility wasn't comfortable for me. I heard that LASUTH is the best place to go. So I have searched everywhere on the internet for their elective program for "foreign students", but I haven't found anything essential. My friend went there for med school, so I have to contact him and see if he would be willing to go there and find out for me. I will let you know what happens.
Please let me know what you have found out since you posted this message.

Thanks