KCUMB Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr Karius' practice quiz just helped me realize I know nothing about ekgs. Yay. Like I haven't studied at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Life is grand....I don't know wtf we have to know anymore. I'm hoping for a pass at this point.

I want 71 acid/base questions and 31 what's the rate questions. That would be a glorious effing test!

I don't think Karius knows that.

Either that or the student who ran the review didn't know that. There is definite miscommunication somewhere.

I talked to him later that day. He asked Johnston what to not cover in the review and Johnston said BBB. So if there is BBB on there it'll only be one question I would think...

Yea, so much for no BBBs on the final...that was literally the most disconnected test from the material that I've ever taken in my life.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually wish there was more math on there! Haha, I think almost all of Karius' questions were gimmes.

What do you think the curve will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm calling 74-77. I know I felt more prepared than most of the people I talked to, and I got about 10% below what I thought I would get. I'm honestly hoping the final average is 75 or lower, I would really use that curve, haha.

I scored around 15% higher than I thought I would. I seriously thought my score was going to be in the 50s right before I hit save/exit.

Luckkyyyyyyy. I was seriously hoping that this might be the section I finally hit an A in, but unless the average on the final is like a 65 I don't think that's going to be happening...

I am glad it's done and I am glad I passed. That exam was just bizarre....it had "far right deviation" .....

Meh....bring on GI. Where one exam and one practical decide my fate. Yay.

That test was brutal. Grades are up btw haha.

Alas, I am in the exact same grade bracket..... Consistency is my name.

I scored 2% higher than normal, so I finally jumped into a new grade, haha. Not much of an improvement, but I'll take it as a start!

Have any of you guys thought about revealing our identities to each other? lol

I've already told a few people who I am, so I'll see if ya'll can figure it out. I'm a guy, currently a rep for one of the clubs, and recently lost a significant amount of hair. I also go to class pretty regularly, so I'm sure almost everyone in our class has at least seen me. Special prize (maybe) to whoever can guess who I am first!

Lol idk lots of people are balding in our class, me included. I'm indian and wear facial hair and leather jacket. If you wanna guess who I am go ahead and message me and if you guess wrong ill give you the answer :)

I actually didn't mean I'm balding, I had a lot of hair until I shaved it off about a week ago. I also completely understand if people want to keep their identities hidden. I just don't really care if people know who I am.

I scored 2% higher than normal, so I finally jumped into a new grade, haha. Not much of an improvement, but I'll take it as a start!

I've already told a few people who I am, so I'll see if ya'll can figure it out. I'm a guy, currently a rep for one of the clubs, and recently lost a significant amount of hair. I also go to class pretty regularly, so I'm sure almost everyone in our class has at least seen me. Special prize (maybe) to whoever can guess who I am first!
I went down in the grade bracket because I totally blew off anatomy for that midterm :'(.

It was a mistake to lurk this thread and watch the misery that's about come next year :(
Didn't they warn you during interviews?? haha

Reactions: 1 user
I went down in the grade bracket because I totally blew off anatomy for that midterm :'(.

haha nope. The student ambassadors (MS-3/4 fellows because MS-2s had a test) did seem a bit tired. Maybe I should have seen that as a warning.

Yeah, I blew off the anatomy for the midterm too. It sucked how many questions Olinger put on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually woke up at 5 am test day for the midterm and ran through the anatomy. I don't think I put in the time for the midterm that I should have, but I still got my best score of the year. Definitely made me overconfident for that train wreck of a final. I still don't know where they got some of those questions from...

I actually woke up at 5 am test day for the midterm and ran through the anatomy. I don't think I put in the time for the midterm that I should have, but I still got my best score of the year. Definitely made me overconfident for that train wreck of a final. I still don't know where they got some of those questions from...

The lesson I've learned is whatever lectures I blow off will end up being high yield. If the midterm had been after the practical I would have blown away the anatomy questions.

From now on I'm going to make sure I hit every lecture with solid amount of study time.

The lesson I've learned is whatever lectures I blow off will end up being high yield. If the midterm had been after the practical I would have blown away the anatomy questions.

From now on I'm going to make sure I hit every lecture with solid amount of study time.

That is ALWAYS how it goes for me too. I don't spend enough time on it: 40 questions. I spend time on it: 1 question. case in point biochem on this final...Because I had been studying before the breakdown came out.

Yeah, from now on i'm gonna study EVERYTHING.

Yea, Lori Fitterling or whoever said if you just go over the powerpoints from lectures we should be fine. It's just a pass/fail class anyway and I think most of it will probably be common sense.

Lol. We "learned" how to use the library databases to do research. Hahahaha.

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining.

Back in my day, we had a 45 minute presentation from someone from the library on how to use remote access to log into UpToDate and how to do some advanced searches in PubMed. I think they also glossed over some of the available databases as well.

Back in my day, we had a 45 minute presentation from someone from the library on how to use remote access to log into UpToDate and how to do some advanced searches in PubMed. I think they also glossed over some of the available databases as well.

The exam was 21 obscure questions from the handouts. A couple of people failed it.

That's basically what we had, just try and imagine taking a final afterwards and then getting a course credit for some reason...

So I'm looking at the calendar for this section and noticing how front loaded this section is again. Anyone else loving the fact that we're basically halfway done with the lectures already?

If it's anything like the first one it shouldn't be bad though. I'm more concerned about the bioethics final. I really have no idea how to study for that other than re-read all the articles...

If it's anything like the first one it shouldn't be bad though. I'm more concerned about the bioethics final. I really have no idea how to study for that other than re-read all the articles...

SweetBrown.jpg

Anyone else interviewing for an ambassador position. This is one of the few things I reeeeeaaaalllllyy want to do, but the number of spaces vs. interviewees seems pretty intimidating...

Anyone else interviewing for an ambassador position. This is one of the few things I reeeeeaaaalllllyy want to do, but the number of spaces vs. interviewees seems pretty intimidating...
Why do want to be an ambassador? I have noticed there are a ton of interviewees so good luck? !