KCUMB Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the class before us was 26.something wasn't it? Should be interesting to see how we do on boards.

It was 26.4 or something, but most of the older/original schools are up near 29 some breaking 30 now so it was just a surprise that they hadn't raised their average similarly.

I think they're going to now though.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our matriculated class average was 27.6.
Well that can't be the best sign if the matriculant average went down.
Well I guess those with high scores had more of a chance at having multiple acceptances so there is that.

Reactions: 1 user
So I liked lab today. First time. Lol.

Hope everybody rocked the practical. Now let's all rock the final!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have it downloaded but haven't used it. Ha. I rule.
Hah, I did that too but started using it a few days ago and it is awesome. I was going to do firecracker but I think anki will do just fine.

Hah, I did that too but started using it a few days ago and it is awesome. I was going to do firecracker but I think anki will do just fine.

I use Studyblue. What's so special about Anki?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Studyblue. What's so special about Anki?
It is just a lot more customizable and I can share things with people. study blue started charging for things and that was annoying, I may have missed a way around this though.
Anki allows amazing spaced repetition, customization, syncing between devices and a better community. I am just getting into and it is amazing.

Whaddup! I didn't even know this thread existed until now :confused:

Did you have to pay for Anki/how much? I use study blue (mostly other people's cards), but I've heard a lot of people say they like anki better. If it's any consolation to us, I haven't talked to anyone that says they feel caught up and haven't been slacking this section.

Seems like cardiopulm is the new PEP week...

Did you have to pay for Anki/how much? I use study blue (mostly other people's cards), but I've heard a lot of people say they like anki better. If it's any consolation to us, I haven't talked to anyone that says they feel caught up and haven't been slacking this section.

Welcome! I felt bad for taking over on the KCUMB c/o 2019 thread so often so I am trying to use this more. And seriously, this section is way more chill than PEP wk.

Anki is free, unless you want the iOS app. they sync online so I can still do it through a browser just fine. how do you use others cards without paying? every time I find some they blur out all of them out and want money. I think memorang is probably a very good system with its spaced repetition.

now back to Cole's freaking lectures on who knows what.

Costanzo should get royalties considering she has taught me all the CP I know right now.

Welcome! I felt bad for taking over on the KCUMB c/o 2019 thread so often so I am trying to use this more. And seriously, this section is way more chill than PEP wk.

Anki is free, unless you want the iOS app. they sync online so I can still do it through a browser just fine. how do you use others cards without paying? every time I find some they blur out all of them out and want money. I think memorang is probably a very good system with its spaced repetition.

Brainscape allows you to use your cards on different devices too.

PS: Answer is tendon of VEGF, Shh, or TBX10 M.

I paid $20 dollars for Studyblue when they had their sale. So I can see anyone's cards and put whatever media I want on mine. Although since Anki is free online I may have to become a convert...

PS: Answer is tendon of VEGF, Shh, or TBX10 M.

Don't forget RA!!

When did they teach ECGs...?

Lol, watch them post a lecture later on teaching ECGs.

Dr. Karius just posted the lecture on Hb-O2 disassociation curves. That should have been before the Hemoglobin lecture by Dr. White!

Dr. Karius just posted the lecture on Hb-O2 disassociation curves. That should have been before the Hemoglobin lecture by Dr. White!

Hah serious, they're so organized!

Wow, looks like enough people weren't comfortable with ECGs so they're doing a review on Saturday morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Karius is still my favorite character lol

But seriously I really like her teaching style.

She really is the best. Clear and concise lectures w/ an ibook for backup information. The problem is just how everything was oriented this year.

During the review she was taking feedback so it's good to know she plans to improve things.

Karius is the bomb! She's like Cole, except I actually get something out of her lectures, haha. Kruse's legit too. Pharm actually makes sense when he talks about it.

That was the "lost lecture of 2014" it was put on the schedule at like 2am or something and then no one moved it to an appropriate time so they just stuck it online at the end. Woo....
And I do like me some dr Karius. She just makes sense.
And kruse. Something with K names?? Haha.
I'm losing it, btw. I don't know what I've studied and what I haven't anymore. Weeeehheeee.

That breakdown is f'd up. Although I gotta be honest, I'm pretty happy there are only 12 embryo questions instead of 25...

Hopefully GI is easier. I rode the elevator with Dubin earlier this week though and he said GI and MSK were the two hardest sections in lab. Yaaaaaay :meh:

I am so sick of Cardiopulm..... Not sure how many more times I can read my notes. It doesn't seem like anything is sinking in. Sigh.

I am so sick of Cardiopulm..... Not sure how many more times I can read my notes. It doesn't seem like anything is sinking in. Sigh.

I cant do it anymore guys

I'm running purely on fear of failing and caffeine right now.

We will have plenty of time to rest Monday afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
So, if all the ekg questions are HR and axis I am golden.

Anything else is subject to "eeny meeny miny mo" .....

Did you go to the review session on Saturday?

No....had planned to but ended up at urgent care getting antibiotics instead. Now I'm trying to figure it out on my own with the slides and notes from a friend.