Kaplan practice exams...what do you even mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alltheglucose

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done a fair amount of forum purging and googling and the scoring of the PCAT still makes little sense to me. However, I understand that there is a composite and percentile. What do people mean when they say they "got an 86%"?

I have taken the two Kaplan practice exams scoring 390 then 403 (3 days apart). The general theme on here seems to be that Kaplan exams are designed to be a bit more challenging than the real deal. Taking the PCAT on Tuesday....what should I make of these scores as I go in to my last few days of studying?

Thank you guys for your time in advance...and best of luck to everyone prepping for next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Take it with a grain of salt. I did about as well as you did on those exams but then I took a Pearson Practice exam and did substantially better. I suggest taking one of them so you have a better idea of what the real exam will look like. It also gives you more confidence since Kaplan scores can hit your confidence going into the real exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Take it with a grain of salt. I did about as well as you did on those exams but then I took a Pearson Practice exam and did substantially better. I suggest taking one of them so you have a better idea of what the real exam will look like. It also gives you more confidence since Kaplan scores can hit your confidence going into the real exam.

That's kind of what I figured. I think I will take your advice and see what the Pearson exam is all about. Appreciate your input. Cheers.