Kaplan Vs. Pearson Practice PCAT Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxforlyfe

Reaction score
Hi I am writing this to see if anyone has had a similar experience. I have been using Dr. Collins PCAT prep for preparing for the July 2019 PCAT. I also had purchased a Kaplan book but I gave up on using it to practice because I feel it has way too much material that is not even tested for on the exam. With the book I got two free practice exams and I took one of them and it said I basically bombed it. I then purchased three practice exams from pearson, the company that actually makes the PCAT exams and have scored in the 80-90% on those, and I feel like they are more similar to the practice exams provided by Dr. Collins. My question is if anyone feels the same as me? that Kaplan is not a good example of how the exam will really be

Members don't see this ad.

Pearson has the most similar questions in terms of difficulty and what you'll actually experience on the real PCAT followed by Dr, Collins. Kaplan questions and tests are wayyyy too hard. You'll score around what you got on Pearson. Kaplan is the most budget friendly guide but thats about it. Pearson and Dr Collins I highly recommend to anyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I am writing this to see if anyone has had a similar experience. I have been using Dr. Collins PCAT prep for preparing for the July 2019 PCAT. I also had purchased a Kaplan book but I gave up on using it to practice because I feel it has way too much material that is not even tested for on the exam. With the book I got two free practice exams and I took one of them and it said I basically bombed it. I then purchased three practice exams from pearson, the company that actually makes the PCAT exams and have scored in the 80-90% on those, and I feel like they are more similar to the practice exams provided by Dr. Collins. My question is if anyone feels the same as me? that Kaplan is not a good example of how the exam will really be

If you are scoring high on the Pearson practice exams, then utilize Dr. Collins over and over. You'll eventually find some of the questionaires put out by Dr. Collins will be seen again on the actual exam (if not then very similar). Go through any and all practice coursework through Dr. Collins and the Pearson test material. You'll be more than fine.

Pearson has the most similar questions in terms of difficulty and what you'll actually experience on the real PCAT followed by Dr, Collins. Kaplan questions and tests are wayyyy too hard. You'll score around what you got on Pearson. Kaplan is the most budget friendly guide but thats about it. Pearson and Dr Collins I highly recommend to anyone.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm using Dr collins for everything except bio, because I heard its too vague. So I used Kaplan for bio but it's definitely over-stuffed with info. I'm taking it in July too, good luck to us!

What did you make on the kaplan pcat? it is very discouraging. I'm wondering if anyone else did as bad.
What did you make on the kaplan pcat? it is very discouraging. I'm wondering if anyone else did as bad.
I took a pearson and a kaplan practice test pretty close together and found that I did worse on Quant for pearson but better on everything else. I bombed Kaplan with a 45 percentile and got approximately 80th percentile on Pearson. I am also nervous for how bad I did on kaplan. The bio on Kap was very hard