Kaplan MCAT Classroom Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

im_newbie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My brother took the Kaplan MCAT prep course last year for $1400. I was thinking that if he can retake the class for $400, I can use his card to go for the classes. He already has all the material but he doesnt remember if they ask for a picture ID the first time in the class. I am going to take the class at the same location as he did last year but no one will recognize his name there.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you look anything like your brother?

My school ID is so bad and worn out that it could be a picture of just about anybody. Maybe you can look at his and decide.

i believe you can only retake the class if you don't improve at all from your initial diagnostic test. and that almost never happens cause you take that the very first day and almost everyone scores <20. but i could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can repeat a course within a year of finishing your first course (regardless of your score) for a repeat fee that's significantly lower than the original fee. If the books have changed since the orginal course (they did just change for the MCAT) there is an additional book fee unless you can sweet talk the Kaplan employees!

We were told in my kaplan class (taking now) that repeating the course is entirely free if we are in anyway dissatisfied with our score. I assume it is the same at all of the kaplan centers...

logos, you are very right but...what you're referring to is the higher score guarantee. If you go to all your classes, take all the proctored tests and do all your homework, you can repeat the course for free. However, this policy just began in august. So for im_newbie's case, since his brother took the course last year, this guarantee doesn't apply. (in case you're wondering, i'm a kaplan employee!)