Kalispell, Montana, MD only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you married?
Awkward Kid GIF

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol short drive is more like 5 minutes dude.
5-hour drives can be long and interminable, or gorgeous and somehow fly by. The first 3/4 of the drive to Calgary are of the second type. The last hour is a bit boring, but not awful.

Most people who think a 5-hour drive is long think nothing of sitting in traffic for 4 hours a day, getting to and from work. (Does not necessarily apply to you)

Perspective.

gallery-banner-cropped.jpg

CTI-bottom-banner-crop.jpg

1dba76981f71ccaae847349eaeab97e9.jpg

ne.jpg

elk2.jpg

Lundbreck_Falls_-_August_2010_-_panoramio.jpg

I would rather spend 3 or 4 hours driving, than sit in a movie theater for 2 to 2.5 hours, but I get that I'm not everybody. That's cool, but if you are like me, and love time behind the wheel, then this is an amazing spot.

*Elk picture is not actually on this highway. I see similar elk herds on this highway on most trips, but don't have my pictures with me.

Reactions: 5 users
5-hour drives can be long and interminable, or gorgeous and somehow fly by. The first 3/4 of the drive to Calgary are of the second type. The last hour is a bit boring, but not awful.

Most people who think a 5-hour drive is long think nothing of sitting in traffic for 4 hours a day, getting to and from work. (Does not necessarily apply to you)

Perspective.

gallery-banner-cropped.jpg

CTI-bottom-banner-crop.jpg

1dba76981f71ccaae847349eaeab97e9.jpg

ne.jpg

elk2.jpg

Lundbreck_Falls_-_August_2010_-_panoramio.jpg

I would rather spend 3 or 4 hours driving, than sit in a movie theater for 2 to 2.5 hours, but I get that I'm not everybody. That's cool, but if you are like me, and love time behind the wheel, then this is an amazing spot.

*Elk picture is not actually on this highway. I see similar elk herds on this highway on most trips, but don't have my pictures with me.
What kind of car do you drive for these long drives? 3 hrs is my limit. Back starts to hurt sitting longer than that. Also 5 hrs there and 5 hrs back in day is grueling.

What kind of car do you drive for these long drives? 3 hrs is my limit. Back starts to hurt sitting longer than that. Also 5 hrs there and 5 hrs back in day is grueling.

Get an ix or something like that
massaging seats and it basically drives itself

20220731_192359-jpg.373081

2011 F350 Lariat.

20230603_183336-jpg.373071

2023 Audi S5 Cabrio (with a few mods). I prefer this one for driving longer distances in Montana because I can get 20 mpg at 105-110 mph depending on the DA.

A car that fits your body makes all the difference. I hate driving 3 hours in my wife's car, but thought nothing of 5 hours there, and 5 hours back in the same day, when I was driving my F350 to Canada. I did it 6 to 10 times per year.

Last edited: