Just started EMT class!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thirdunity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! I started my EMT-B class last week!

We got our stethoscopes, uniform shirt, and sphygmomanometer today. Lab especially is fun, this brings back my fun memories of playing doctor as a little kid. [no, not that kind of "playing doctor", you pervs.]

I just finished my phlebotomy class recently, as well. That was fun, too. I hopefully start my plebotomy externship soon.

Members don't see this ad.

thirdunity said:
Hi folks! I started my EMT-B class last week!

We got our stethoscopes, uniform shirt, and sphygmomanometer today. Lab especially is fun, this brings back my fun memories of playing doctor as a little kid. [no, not that kind of "playing doctor", you pervs.]

I just finished my phlebotomy class recently, as well. That was fun, too. I hopefully start my plebotomy externship soon.

good for you, sounds like fun! That should be me sometime soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
Woah cool-- sounds like a badass EMT-B class, with labs and everything! When I took my class it was 90% lecture, mostly story-telling and powerpoint presentations. Your class sounds like the way it should be done.

Have fun, and remember: ABC (ambulate before carrying!) ;)

fiznat said:
Woah cool-- sounds like a badass EMT-B class, with labs and everything! When I took my class it was 90% lecture, mostly story-telling and powerpoint presentations. Your class sounds like the way it should be done.

Have fun, and remember: ABC (ambulate before carrying!) ;)

My class is at Los Medanos College (California; the community college I go to). It's a total of eight hours of week - and a lot of homework. Apparently it is one of the best schools in the area for EMT - people come from all over the Bay Area when there are other EMT programs closer to where they live. And I'm lucky enough just to live here. [Never thought I'd say I was lucky to live in Antioch, blech.]

They have a paramedic school here, too.

Congratulations on starting the class. Best of luck with everything...

Good luck with the class. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Check out EMS Forums