Just got an interview at Roosevelt University Pharmacy college? Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XxAlbertoxX

Pharm.D-etermined!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just was e-mailed for the interview.

Can anyone help me understand briefly the interview process (are we talking business or more laid back)?

I am currently taking 2 classes and these are my last pre-pharmacy classes and I took the PCAT in July 2012 and applied.

So this would be for submission for the 2013 FALL year and not the 2013 SPRING correct?

I know it sounds foolish that I do not realize the process yet, but I just focused on taking the classes, doing research, and taking the PCAT.

Any information please??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was supposed to interview at Roosevelt yesterday but I missed it so I rescheduled for nov 16th. Good luck everyone!! Anyone who interviewed yesterday can you tell us how it went?

I am also interviewing November 16th and can not seem to find any interview thread for Roosevelt. Any help on the interview would be appreciated.

From my understanding, since roosevelt is a 3 year pharm d program, the new class starts in july 1st 2013. then you go through summer and stuff. it is a year round school. So if you get accepted you would be starting in july and would need all of the prereqs to be finished. my friend just had an interview there and he said it was pretty laid back. They all seem to care about the students A LOT. there were 2 interviews with two different faculty and a writing portion. He said it was the regular why roosevelt, why pharmacy, leadership, etc. type questions.

Hi everyone,

I'm a P1 student at Roosevelt. Just taking a break/procrastinating from studying for my finals next week lol. If you guys have any questions about the school don't hesitate to ask.

Hi everyone,

I'm a P1 student at Roosevelt. Just taking a break/procrastinating from studying for my finals next week lol. If you guys have any questions about the school don't hesitate to ask.

i have an interview there next week and was reading in the forums that they give everybody an interview is this true? and also can you hint to me some of the questions you recieved during your interview i would appreciate it!

hey can you please just summarize the whole process. Like what was your GPA, pcat, when did you get an invite, how did it go, and after how many days did you get accepted?

i have an interview there next week and was reading in the forums that they give everybody an interview is this true? and also can you hint to me some of the questions you recieved during your interview i would appreciate it!

Just like everyone has mentioned, the process is really laid back. Out of all the interviews I did, Roosevelt was the most comfortable for me. Just be yourself and be honest. They have some basic questions like why pharm, why their school and some situational types of questions like how you are working on a team or group, and what your interests are. From what I remember, my interview was about 15-20 minutes long because my response to some questions overlapped with others.

hey can you please just summarize the whole process. Like what was your GPA, pcat, when did you get an invite, how did it go, and after how many days did you get accepted?

GPA: 3.0
PCAT overall:64 but my bio and chem scores were 87 and 88 respectively
Math: 45
Reading: 19 <-----yea don't judge me lol
Verbal: 45
3 years volunteering at hospital pharmacy
Had some volunteer/ leadership positions in a few organizations at school
Got an award for my leadership/community services

However, someone in my group actually got accepted with completing 2 years prereqs with no volunteer experiences but had good grades.
Another person got an overall PCAT in their 30s, so it all depends.

I actually submitted my pharmcas really late since I submitted my application in February because I was waiting on a few recommendations and making sure my personal essay was solid... got an invite like 1-2 weeks later, found out 2 weeks later that I was accepted.

Word of advice make sure you submit your PharmCas as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I was talking to some pharmacy students during another school interview and we talked about the 3 year program. Initially I was drawn to being done a year early but she commented that she wouldn't have chosen that because it would be too hard to complete the coursework without breaks/ rushed. This may have been because she's jealous that she will be in for an extra year.. who knows. Just wondering your thoughts on course load and how the year-round program is working out for you. I am interviewing tomorrow.

Honestly my first term (this past summer 8 weeks) was definitely something I had to get use to. We were there from 9-6. The only thing that made it a little rough were the constant presentations we had to do and learning how to manage your time because you obviously have to make time to study as well. However, this term was ALOT better. The term is more spaced out (10 weeks), we are there from 10-4 usually. You will have lab once a week on Tuesdays or Thursday 9-11, so the day's you don't have lab, you come into from class from 1-4. Then we have IPPES on Fridays. What I love about this school is that they want you to do well, will help you every step of the way, and actually try to get to know you. They constantly emphasize we shouldn't be too stressed about getting those perfect grades, but focus on understanding the material in order to become good pharmacists. Yesterday when I was waiting in line to grab lunch in the cafe, one of my old professors saw me and was like, "Oh let my student go first, I know she has another exam in a few hours." iIt's kind of refreshing coming from a undergrad university with 300+ students with professors not even knowing you. The support we have from the faculty is just ridiculous in a good way. Trust me the first summer you'll be thinking what the heck did I get myself into, but it definitely gets better. I'm glad I chose this school. I want to list more examples, but I have a final in 3 hours that I have to study for. If you have any other questions, just fire away.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten accepted yet....i already did my interview.........

pretty laid back.......2 interviews back to back, and one writing session. Nothing major...usual questions why pharmacy, why Roosevelt etc...have my fingers crossed.....they said we'll get a reply today but i haven't received yet...maybe Monday due to thanksgiving.

anyone here accepted from the nov. 16th interview

just got accepted today pretty excited!! WHoooo

After the pharmcas gpa was calculated, how long did it take for you guys to get an interview?

I got an interview :oops: in January.

2.72 overall.. 2.52 science.

Should I rent a car ? I'm planning to stay chicago area cause I have a chicago state interview the day after.

I got an interview :oops: in January.

2.72 overall.. 2.52 science.

Should I rent a car ? I'm planning to stay chicago area cause I have a chicago state interview the day after.

If I were you, I would rent a car, it would be easier to go from place to place like from/to airport, and from one school to the other, cause they are kind of far from each other. Are you coming the day before your interview in Roosevelt? If so, you could stay in a hotel that is close to the university, and then after your interview drive to Chicago and stay in another hotel that is close to CSU.

If I were you, I would rent a car, it would be easier to go from place to place like from/to airport, and from one school to the other, cause they are kind of far from each other. Are you coming the day before your interview in Roosevelt? If so, you could stay in a hotel that is close to the university, and then after your interview drive to Chicago and stay in another hotel that is close to CSU.

Mmm okay. Does it snow in late January

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

It does but so far it's been warm for December so I hope it won't be that bad

Hi everyone,

HEY! can u please let me know if you had to get certified for the pharmacy technician like they required on their admitted students checklist. If so, how do you go about that? Take a class? online or on site? please help me out! thanks!

HEY! can u please let me know if you had to get certified for the pharmacy technician like they required on their admitted students checklist. If so, how do you go about that? Take a class? online or on site? please help me out! thanks!

You don't need to take a class. Just go here http://www.idfpr.com/ fill out a form, pay $40 or so and that's it! BUT, I would wait till April, because if you get it now, it will expire in March and you would need to renew it which is another $40. From their website: "If you are issued a license, it will expire annually on March 31 regardless of date of issuance."

hey guys. how long did you have to wait to get an acceptance/rejection after your interview?

Last edited:
Can someone please share what questions were asked in the interview?

Lol got accepted...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

interviewd 25, got accepted today!

The interview process was quite enjoyable actually. they give a 45 min presentation, then u do a group activity, then u go to interview one on one with a faculty or sometimes a faculty and a student, then u write a short essay. the one on one was fun. my interviewer was exceptional nice and helpful and gave me tons of advice for picking the proper pharmacy school. i asked her more questions than she asked me. but answer the questions genuinly!!

hello everyone, I interviewed on 2/8 they said I should expect to hear from them today, when do they usually send out the acceptance emails?

hello everyone, I interviewed on 2/8 they said I should expect to hear from them today, when do they usually send out the acceptance emails?

I found out less than a week after I interviewed that I was accepted.

I called Shaun today and found out that I was accepted! He said official acceptance e-mails will be sent tomorrow. Not my first choice, but a lot of burden off my shoulders. :)

Thanks for the reply I was checking my email all day. Congrats on your acceptance :)

Hello everyone, did anyone Interviewing on February 8 get any email today? I still didn't get an email

Just talked to Shaun heard they put through a big group from last weeks interviews plus pulled some students from the waitlist.. Hopefully you've checked your email and gotten some good news. Congrats everyone.:laugh: Happy to answer any questions in between studying for finals!:D

I called him too and he said I would get an email later this afternoon but still nothing so far do they send it this late in the day?

the people that were accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi guys. Do you guys know if the interview is closed file or open file?
Roosevelt will be my third school to interview for and schools I already interviewed for both had closed file interview so I'm just curious. Any ideas or advices will be appreciated. Thanks and good luck everyone! :)

The interview is closed file there is a writing excersise and a group activity make sure you are cautious of what you are saying and doing at all times because u are being watched and observed even if you think you are not. The interview is with one of the professors and nothing too surprising is asked all the basic questions

I didn't say a word in group exercise and didn't give any input and I still got in lol... But I don't think I'm putting my deposit down

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I got an email stating that a Roosevelt email account was set up for me. Is this normal? It seems kind of strange if they aren't interested but I don't want to get too excited if it really means nothing. What has been everyone else's experience and am I reading into this way too much?
Thanks for the responses (assuming I get some :oops:) :)

I had the same thing. I don't really know why they do it, it would be wise to set it up after you get accepted rather than creating one for everyone who is going to attend an interview. Any way, when I was accepted they sent an email about my acceptance to the new email account, although I was checking constantly my regular email, lol. When is your interview?

I haven't received an invite. Just the email stating that I should log in and check it regularly??? This seems cruel if it is just to tell me that I am not getting an invite:( My fingers are crossed though:) So, you think this is just their process?

When I applied back in November, first I got an email about the invitation, which I confirmed right away, and then a few days latter I got another email saying that I a new email account was set up for me. That's why I thought you already got an interview. So just keep checking both emails. Good luck!

I got an email stating that a Roosevelt email account was set up for me. Is this normal? It seems kind of strange if they aren't interested but I don't want to get too excited if it really means nothing. What has been everyone else's experience and am I reading into this way too much?
Thanks for the responses (assuming I get some :oops:) :)
Yeah don't worry about it. It's just part of their process. I think it gets set up when they process your application I applied in Nov 2011 and didn't interview until January 2012 and didn't start checking the email until after I deposited. So don't worry. Hope you hear about an interview soon!