JULY CPJE 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

norefillsmaam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this thread exists but is anybody else waiting for their CPJE results from July?
I took mine late July and panicking daily.
I check PSI like 3 times day to see if there is a PRE date stamp yet!

Members don't see this ad.

I see the letter in my informed delivery too!!!! I have the same question, was the address area of the envelope darker than the envelop?!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too!!!!! this is one of the worst feelings ever!!!!!! I'm hoping the best for us all!!!
What i heard is therr are two sheets of paper inside if you passed.
One is white, it is the application for your license.
Another is green, if u passed the naplex too.

On my delivery for today, im seeing a dark paper peeping out with my address. Im assuming I passed and this makes sense because I passed the naplex some time ago.

On my delivery for today, im seeing a dark paper peeping out with my address. Im assuming I passed and this makes sense because I passed the naplex some time ago.
Ahh I see, that's good to know! I took my Naplex a while ago too... so i'm hoping the darker color in the address box means it's green!!! Waiting for my mail person to come... i'll let you guys know!

Do u think it's just white paper if u didn't pass? lol I took it 7/20 and I can't wait a couple more hours

I know someone saw clear box and they passed , I read it in another forum while back ago... so ppl who r seeing clear box don't lose hope please

Do u think it's just white paper if u didn't pass? lol I took it 7/20 and I can't wait a couple more hours
Nono not necesarily.
If you read what i said, there are two papers if you passed. The white paper could be your application paper. So they were just put in the envelope in a different order.

Bottom line: you see white on the scan, you don't know till the envelope is opened
You see dark paper on scan, you passed.

Ahh I see, that's good to know! I took my Naplex a while ago too... so i'm hoping the darker color in the address box means it's green!!! Waiting for my mail person to come... i'll let you guys know!
Yeah keep us updated. My mail comes around 3pm...it's going to be the longest 6 hours of my life

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my mail and I PASSED!!! This has been long awaited and I am so grateful.

Attached is a picture of how my informed delivery scan of what the BOP envelope looked like. Hopefully this helps some of you feel more at ease. Wishing all the best for everyone!

Attachments

• letter2.png
    letter2.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 526
Reactions: 1 user
I just got my mail and I PASSED!!! This has been long awaited and I am so grateful.

Attached is a picture of how my informed delivery scan of what the BOP envelope looked like. Hopefully this helps some of you feel more at ease. Wishing all the best for everyone!
Congratulations!!!! And thank you for the picture of the envelope!

mine is coming today also. im already licensed and working in another state. from the informed letter it doesnt look like its a dark shade different from the envelope. does this mean i failed? Im hoping the green means naplex like everyone is saying.

mine is coming today also. im already licensed and working in another state. from the informed letter it doesnt look like its a dark shade different from the envelope. does this mean i failed? Im hoping the green means naplex like everyone is saying.
Does not mean you failed at all! I know couple people with clear looking envelope that have passed! Keep ur hopes up

Don't let this "lucky green letter" talk fool you. Mine came today in a white letter, with only one piece of paper. As soon as I saw it I thought I failed and my heart sunk. I opened it up and it was a passing score. Just being a white letter does not mean you failed!!!

No, it does NOT mean you failed! I have friends who received a white piece of paper and passed. It could just be how they attached the paperwork. Don't lose hope yet!!! :)

Green! Got my letter (live in LA) - worst time waiting ever but ever so grateful!

Reactions: 1 users
White paper! Pass! My wife almost had a heart attack because she was instructed to look for green.

Because I searched like crazy and couldn't find it, I am going to post score info to help others. I encourage others to do the same.

I studied rxprep and flashcards pretty diligently for 3 months. I scored 77 on the rxprep practice cpje exam. I scored 75 on the old practice exam on the board website. I scored around 75 % on the practice questions at the end of the cpje pamphlet this year. My cpje score was an 85 pass

Hope that helps you set study targets or relieves anxiety, future testers. Take care.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all that passed! :)

I took my Naplex a year ago. Failed my CPJE the first and second time (not proud, but life happens). I used RxPrep first, but I couldn't retain all the details so I switched to PassNaplexNow and that helped a lot. This time, I focused on the main points from each medication or drug class (especially ADRs and monitoring parameters), brand generics beyond the top 300 (basically anything I saw that had brand/generic, I memorized), IV comparabilities, common disease state guidelines (HLD, HTN, DM, anticoagulants, just to name a few) and commonly used doses. For law, I used the RxPrep Law book which (to me) was more straightforward than Weismann's (just my opinion, though).

Like the previous person, I took the old practice exam and scored 80% this time around (wasn't sure if it was muscle memory or not because I've taken that practice test a few times already but it was always 3-4 months apart). I came out of my exam feeling terrible because I knew I missed certain questions and this horrible wait did not help easy my anxieties... but I got my letter and scored 90!

Don't lose hope, guys! What kept me going was the fact that I survived pharmacy school and this is just one more hurdle before I could start my life as a pharmacist. Stay driven and optimistic :)

Reactions: 2 users

Attached is a picture of how my informed delivery scan of what the BOP envelope looked like. Hopefully this helps some of you feel more at ease. Wishing all the best for everyone![/QUO"

Congrats! Can someone explain what is this "informed delivery

I took my naplex a week after the cpje.. haven't gotten that letter yet. Didn't come with my cpje score. How long does that usually take? I hope I don't have to wait til the next cpje pre date

I took my naplex a week after the cpje.. haven't gotten that letter yet. Didn't come with my cpje score. How long does that usually take? I hope I don't have to wait til the next cpje pre date
The Naplex exam score is separate from your CPJE, so it will come separately. since you took it a while ago, hopefully you'll get it soon. Have you logged into your NABP account lately to check if it says "Add Score Transfer" or "Null"? usually if you passed, it says "Add Score Transfer" (if you took it in CA)

White paper! Pass! My wife almost had a heart attack because she was instructed to look for green.

Because I searched like crazy and couldn't find it, I am going to post score info to help others. I encourage others to do the same.

I studied rxprep and flashcards pretty diligently for 3 months. I scored 77 on the rxprep practice cpje exam. I scored 75 on the old practice exam on the board website. I scored around 75 % on the practice questions at the end of the cpje pamphlet this year. My cpje score was an 85 pass

Hope that helps you set study targets or relieves anxiety, future testers. Take care.

Congrats! Just speculating - but I was looking at my papers and it seems like the white paper had the numeric score on it which tells you if you failed/passed the CPJE. Then the green paper also tells you that you passed, but also that you qualify for licensure. I'm thinking that perhaps the green is only for those who have passed the CPJE AND Naplex, while if you haven't taken or received your score for the Naplex yet, you won't see the green, but still may have passed the CPJE.

Also, did anyone get a score breakdown? I've seen on previous posts where people get a breakdown of the 3 components - just curious.

took cpje 7/20, received my green letter today (58 days later....)

My experience with naplex/cpje: My school had a deal with PassNAPLEXnow so I started using that but ended up paying for the full RxPrep package to replace it. PNP was so unorganized, I didn't like the format of the videos, and my classmates and I found several mistakes in the material itself (ex. guidelines not updated). I also found it impossible to pass any of the quizzes for PNP and it was making me doubt myself. For a month, I went in order of RxPrep book, and went over important chapters again 2-3 times after that. Started doing the SDN practice calculation questions, but it's overkill and way harder than the actual questions. Took the prenaplex twice (which definitely helped boost my confidence vs the RxPrep exams). Took the naplex first then cpje 2 weeks after that. I gave myself like 4-5 days to rest/recharge, then read the weissman law book twice and skimmed over the important chapters in RxPrep again, this time focusing on things cpje tends to focus on (like compatibilities and special expirations/bud, sterile compounding, pharmacy operations).

hope that can be useful to someone!

Congrats! Just speculating - but I was looking at my papers and it seems like the white paper had the numeric score on it which tells you if you failed/passed the CPJE. Then the green paper also tells you that you passed, but also that you qualify for licensure. I'm thinking that perhaps the green is only for those who have passed the CPJE AND Naplex, while if you haven't taken or received your score for the Naplex yet, you won't see the green, but still may have passed the CPJE.

Also, did anyone get a score breakdown? I've seen on previous posts where people get a breakdown of the 3 components - just curious.
I didn't get a score breakdown! Just the score on the white paper

So green letter if you already take naplex and cpje?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I think if you passed the Naplex before getting your CPJE score, your letter will include a green piece of paper to apply for you license. If you haven't passed your Naplex, but you passed your CPJE, then you only get the CPJE score report

Reactions: 2 users
Also passed!! :):) Couldn't be any happier. This long wait was so unbearable but it was worth it! Congratulations to everyone else :)

took cpje 7/20, received my green letter today (58 days later....)

My experience with naplex/cpje: My school had a deal with PassNAPLEXnow so I started using that but ended up paying for the full RxPrep package to replace it. PNP was so unorganized, I didn't like the format of the videos, and my classmates and I found several mistakes in the material itself (ex. guidelines not updated). I also found it impossible to pass any of the quizzes for PNP and it was making me doubt myself. For a month, I went in order of RxPrep book, and went over important chapters again 2-3 times after that. Started doing the SDN practice calculation questions, but it's overkill and way harder than the actual questions. Took the prenaplex twice (which definitely helped boost my confidence vs the RxPrep exams). Took the naplex first then cpje 2 weeks after that. I gave myself like 4-5 days to rest/recharge, then read the weissman law book twice and skimmed over the important chapters in RxPrep again, this time focusing on things cpje tends to focus on (like compatibilities and special expirations/bud, sterile compounding, pharmacy operations).

hope that can be useful to someone!

Thanks! I found it useful. So I have mainly used PNN over rxprep and was surprised when you mentioned there was mistakes. By any chance do you remember what was wrong - Hope I haven't been studying wrong material. Def agree the multiple choice is tough but I've heard it mimcs CPJE style questions as far as difficulty and specificity - Would you agree? Worried now because all my prep has been from there. Would you recommend I do rxprep questions before attempting NAPLEX and not depend solely on PNN?

Anyone from the pre-8/18 group still waiting on the CPJE result? No informed delivery notification as of today. :(

Last edited:
Thanks! I found it useful. So I have mainly used PNN over rxprep and was surprised when you mentioned there was mistakes. By any chance do you remember what was wrong - Hope I haven't been studying wrong material. Def agree the multiple choice is tough but I've heard it mimcs CPJE style questions as far as difficulty and specificity - Would you agree? Worried now because all my prep has been from there. Would you recommend I do rxprep questions before attempting NAPLEX and not depend solely on PNN?

I actually haven't gone past more than 2-3 chapters on PNP before switching over to RxPrep so I don't remember exactly what the errors were in the book. Let me ask my classmates and see if they remember specifics, but I do remember PNP did not update recent guidelines. I did noticed that PNP left out a lot of new drugs that RxPrep mentions, and I just got annoyed with typos and grammar errors, and discontinued meds (we ain't got no time for that!). It might be personal preference in how u like ur study material to be organized too. As for the example questions, PNP questions seemed tougher than the actual exam for me, but that's a good thing so we're over prepared. For the law portion, I studied with the little law book that came with PNP and I thought it was sufficient, and can't comment on RxPrep cpje cuz I didn't buy that portion

Hi, everyone. I'm an out-of-state pharmacy grad who took the CPJE on July 19th and unfortunately failed. I got a 63, and the scores for each area were low for patient medications, very low for patient outcomes, and very low for pharmacy operations. I had no problem passing the NAPLEX back in June, but this test felt completely different as everyone has said before on SDN. I just wanted to know from the people who passed how they studied especially in regards to each section of the test, which study materials they thought worked best, and how long they studied for and how many hours a day. I know for the last part it's different for each person, but I guess I just want an idea since now I'll be working 40 hours a week while studying to try to make ends meet. I plan to take the CPJE at the end of October, so I only have about 40 something days left. Any advice would be appreciated! Congratulations to the people who passed.

Hi, everyone. I'm an out-of-state pharmacy grad who took the CPJE on July 19th and unfortunately failed. I got a 63, and the scores for each area were low for patient medications, very low for patient outcomes, and very low for pharmacy operations. I had no problem passing the NAPLEX back in June, but this test felt completely different as everyone has said before on SDN. I just wanted to know from the people who passed how they studied especially in regards to each section of the test, which study materials they thought worked best, and how long they studied for and how many hours a day. I know for the last part it's different for each person, but I guess I just want an idea since now I'll be working 40 hours a week while studying to try to make ends meet. I plan to take the CPJE at the end of October, so I only have about 40 something days left. Any advice would be appreciated! Congratulations to the people who passed.

I have yet to take CPJE but I am studying from PNN and I feel like they really point out areas that are important to CPJE. Little things that we would miss in the big picture of RXPREP. I have both but I really like how PNN goes more in depth in the areas of importance. I think smaller subjects like MS, sickle cell, cystic fibrosis I use rxprep to get a better understanding. Also the question bank of PNN is really tough BUT from what i heard it is more like CPJE style questions. Took the course with about 5 people who were there just to prepare themselves for cpje and that is the feedback I got from them.

I also worked in hospital while studying and passed cpje with a 90. For cpje, I made flash cards of important charts from RxPrep (ex. Where they summarize which meds need refrigeration/room temp, which ones need renal/hepatic adj, meds by specific labs, etc) and glanced at it every chance I got at work, and studied about 6 hours a day on my days off.
If you passed naplex already, you already have a basic understanding of disease states and med classes, so while it's good to review, I'd focus on the details now. Watch for dosings (ex. the drug was incorrectly given in mg, not grams; wrong frequencies; look at patient allergy profile esp sulfa and pcn allergies), important labs/monitoring, side effect profiles that are specific to certain meds. As for pharmacy operations, I thought neither PNP or RxPrep did a good job and drew my answers from experience as a tech/intern.

License received by BOP Thursday 9/7/17, posted Tuesday night 9/11/17

Does anyone know how long to receive the paper license?

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting for their license to post? I mailed out my green letter on the 8th and still do not see it issued on the board website.