Isn't this a bit crazy?

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My current girlfriend of over a year(she just turned 35, I 33) has told me a couple of times she never wanted to date a doctor. I've heard reasons from people that seem valid(time commitment being one) but her excuse just recently was because girls just drop their panties for doctors and that I'm just going to cheat on her( which Ive never done). She's highly attractive, works as a day time bartender and slowly working on finishing requirements to get into dental hygiene school. As far as being attractive and being a bartender, she handles herself professionally with any males that come in, especially those hitting on her. I don't worry or interfere because I trust her to make the adult decision of saying 'no thanks' to those who do and to those who don't, it doesn't bother me. I simply trust her. She had a bit of a fit a year ago when I started working as an ER tech with all of the women nurses and techs. She has never been married and no kids, but has had long-term relationships. Isnt it just stupid her excuse for not wanting to date a doctor? Does it not reek of insecurity? Are there women out there who don't make a big deal when a guy is surrounded by women at his job, maybe even in medical school, and are secure within herself to know at the end of the day he is committed to her? I've never been married not had kids either but I want to do it right the first time when that time comes.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like she can't trust herself and is projecting her guilt on you.

Be careful, these situations tend not to resolve well.

Sounds like she can't trust herself and is projecting her guilt on you.

Be careful, these situations tend not to resolve well.

We have a psychiatrist in the house. Nicely said. I think that's exactly what she's doing. Projection is a very convenient way to deal with guilt. She might be cheating on you. There I said it. Maybe not.
To tell you the truth, Male doctors are always hot commodities. Women want to be with doctors, men want to be doctors. Doctors get hit on by RNs, PAs, MAs, scrub techs, Dietitians, female EMSs, even cafeteria girls, u name it. I've seen it all. Women do want to drop their panties in front of doctors all the time. Attractive or non attractive girls all have fantasy about being with a doctor. It's just reality.
The problem is women will rarely act on their own. They will let their dream doctors initiate no matter how much in love they are with these whitecoats. And you know what else? Majority of doctors are shy, introvert, passive, even antisocial people. They will rarely act first even if the signals are clearly there, shining in their faces. So in reality medical field is less of a gray anatomy scene than it could have been. Such a shame :D

Members don't see this ad :)
My thoughts are not that she may be cheating. But, instead, more likely she has been cheated on in the past. Therefore, she has that insecurity burned into her mind about every guy that she dates. Especially with you going to be a MD and working with all these women wanting teh sex.

If you can find that is the case, maybe you can reassure her that you are not like other guys, etc.

Just dont be one of those other guys.

I don't think we can know if she's cheating on you or not; I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt and just go with very insecure which is sad. I married a doctor and I remember when we were first married, I got a lot of comments along the lines of how nice it was to have landed me a doctor. One time someone said "boy what luck!" to which I replied, "you're right - he sure is lucky to have found me!"

Ultimately, if you really love her and want to make it work, I'd keep the lines of communication a mile wide and never ending, asking specific questions such as "you seem very convinced that I'm going to cheat on you, why is that?" Otherwise, lack of trust is no way to live with your life partner.

Really not a big deal. Just find another girl.

Attractive or non attractive girls all have fantasy about being with a doctor. It's just reality.

This is utter bullsht.

OP, your girlfriend is insecure. It happens. It's no fun to deal with in a relationship, but if she's willing to work on her issues, I'd say it's worth a shot. If she can't get past it, time to move on.

Yeah...it didn't take much more to confirm it was time to end it. Getting upset because I mention a female friend's Facebook post about her dad(and relative of friends of mine) passing on, telling me why don't I just date her(she's married and besides that, wtf??). Sympathy posts on her Facebook wall(I've warned her about that) then when I decide I want breathing room for a couple of days in prep for a big exam, and to give her time to decide if she wants to grow up or not...what does she do next? she goes on running her mouth with stupid broken heart memes, posting about our relationship issues publicly, where her friends and family, and some of our mutual friends(who are mostly mine) can see. To top it off, a couple of buddies text me to say they've seen enough and asked if I saw the latest thing...a screen capture of a text conversation with an ex bf that was about us. Immature and psycho and unacceptable from any woman, especially a 35 yr old. So, yeah...do I want to deal with that when I'm studying hard at school and do well in my coursework? Heck. No. Being pretty, having a great personality ad being funny doesn't make up for a lack of emotional maturity.

This is utter bullsht.

OP, your girlfriend is insecure. It happens. It's no fun to deal with in a relationship, but if she's willing to work on her issues, I'd say it's worth a shot. If she can't get past it, time to move on.

Being envious also projects insecurity :D

Yeah...it didn't take much more to confirm it was time to end it. Getting upset because I mention a female friend's Facebook post about her dad(and relative of friends of mine) passing on, telling me why don't I just date her(she's married and besides that, wtf??). Sympathy posts on her Facebook wall(I've warned her about that) then when I decide I want breathing room for a couple of days in prep for a big exam, and to give her time to decide if she wants to grow up or not...what does she do next? she goes on running her mouth with stupid broken heart memes, posting about our relationship issues publicly, where her friends and family, and some of our mutual friends(who are mostly mine) can see. To top it off, a couple of buddies text me to say they've seen enough and asked if I saw the latest thing...a screen capture of a text conversation with an ex bf that was about us. Immature and psycho and unacceptable from any woman, especially a 35 yr old. So, yeah...do I want to deal with that when I'm studying hard at school and do well in my coursework? Heck. No. Being pretty, having a great personality ad being funny doesn't make up for a lack of emotional maturity.

Definitely dump her and run. Women that do that kind of thing are not worth the trouble and drama.