Is this even possible for eyes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meeee345

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey im new here and have a question.

I was watching a movie and some guy pulled the other guys eye out in a fight, i mean he just ripped it right out. i know there are 6 muscles,the optic nerve, and other stuff holding the eye in but is that even possible? and also while i was searching for the answer i ran across an illness called Oedipism it when people actually try to enucleate there eyes! is THAT possible? i mean wouldnt you pass out from the pain before you caused any bad damage? i dont think its possible cuss of all the muscles and stuff holding it in. what do u guys think?

thanks in advance.:)

Members don't see this ad.

hey im new here and have a question.

I was watching a movie and some guy pulled the other guys eye out in a fight, i mean he just ripped it right out. i know there are 6 muscles,the optic nerve, and other stuff holding the eye in but is that even possible? and also while i was searching for the answer i ran across an illness called Oedipism it when people actually try to enucleate there eyes! is THAT possible? i mean wouldnt you pass out from the pain before you caused any bad damage? i dont think its possible cuss of all the muscles and stuff holding it in. what do u guys think?

thanks in advance.:)

I think with enough force you can rip put anything and I know for a fact you can rip out somebody's eye because I saw Uma Thurman pull out Darly Hanna's eye in that documentary film Kill Bill Vol. 2.

my opthamologist said it couldnt happen. But anything is possible so i think you could but on with a hell of alot of force cuss we're talking about SIX MUSCLES here,muscles are flippin tougher than nails.And for the people who have Oedipism i think it would be even harder to do that to themselfs because that would flippin hurt soooooo bad. what do u think?

Members don't see this ad :)
this is disgusting.

my opthamologist said it couldnt happen. But anything is possible so i think you could but on with a hell of alot of force cuss we're talking about SIX MUSCLES here,muscles are flippin tougher than nails.And for the people who have Oedipism i think it would be even harder to do that to themselfs because that would flippin hurt soooooo bad. what do u think?

How old are you again?

The ripping the eye out, I don't know. I guess you could GAUGE it out if you REALLY wanted to.

As far as the eye coming out of the socket? Globe luxation- where the eye comes out of its socket. Yes, it is still attached due to the muscles and nerves, but it still comes out! Google pics, please. :thumbup:

The ripping the eye out, I don't know. I guess you could GAUGE it out if you REALLY wanted to.

As far as the eye coming out of the socket? Globe luxation- where the eye comes out of its socket. Yes, it is still attached due to the muscles and nerves, but it still comes out! Google pics, please. :thumbup:

To quote one of my favorite professors:

"One of the first things I teach my students is what to do when a patient's eyeball pops out, because it WILL happen! So when it pops out you PUSH IT BACK IN!! How? ANY WAY YOU CAN!!" :D

To quote one of my favorite professors:

"One of the first things I teach my students is what to do when a patient's eyeball pops out, because it WILL happen! So when it pops out you PUSH IT BACK IN!! How? ANY WAY YOU CAN!!" :D

Google taught me that if anything like that happens to me, I should just push it back in myself. Waiting will make things worse =(