Is this an OK medical school list? (MD only)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thingerser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
dsf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It looks top heavy to me.. should I include more matches/safeties?

MCAT: 36 (14/9/13), GPA: 3.982 (science GPA: ~3.97), clinical work, research, Goldwater scholar, MN resident. NO shadowing even thought I've viewed doctors a lot through my volunteering.

I'm keen on attending a research institution.

Columbia
Georgetown
Harvard Medical School
Mayo Medical School
Northwestern
Stanford
UCSF
University of Chicago
Yale

Boston University
Medical College of Wisconsin
Saint Louis University
Ohio State
University of Iowa
University of Minnesota
University of Wisconsin
I think the list is good. You might consider adding WashU and Case. And reconsider Georgetown if you don't have substantive service to the underprivileged.

If some of your clinical volunteering included embedded shadowing, I suggest you make that clear from the description of the activity, possibly even summarizing the % of the time that you observed physicians, and probably adding the word "Shadowing" to the title you give the activity (if you didn't already submit).

Consider getting in some formal shadowing this summer, ideally to include a primary care doc, to discuss on Secondaries, in future update letters, and during interviews.

Maybe you would like to consider the 5-year program through Cleveland Clinic and Case Western.