Is there a chance that I could be a PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forestchick28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior at UTK in TN? My overall G.P.A. is only 2.85 but my pre-req G.P.A. is 3.95. I really really messed up during my freshman and senior year. I have not taken the G.R.E. yet but am scheduled to do so in Oct. Are grades like this even considered when applying to PT programs???

Members don't see this ad.

WAIT A MINUTE!??!?!?!??!!!

How are you a junior at Tennessee, if you messed up your freshman and SENIOR year? Nevermind that

Well, if your a junior, theres not need to fret . I would rather be in your position than the one Im in. All you need is a 3.0 overall and with a pre-req like that, it would definitely get you in, even if you got a 1000 on the GRE. You have time to bring up the overall... after all your a junior right?

And just like all the post on this forum says...they look at everything, not just your gpa. Read more post!!!! There are some people that got in with low gpa's, but its their extra curicular activities they do and stuff. Eat a sandwich.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

I think if you raise your overall gpa to at least a 3.0 and then do good on the GREs (above 1100) and get some experience (volunteer/work) in inpatient and outpatient, than you should be good for next year's application cycle. Your pre-req gpa seems pretty good and that is what they are concered about. How well you do in your science classes, like anat, physio, chem, physics, etc... Good luck!

I was just playing with you. Im losing my mind playing the waiting/rejection game. Later. Blue whales a huge!

Wow, awesome pre-req gpa! I agree, your overall gpa is low but isn't weighed as heavily as the pre-reqs. Plus you can bring it up this year. Just work hard to get over 1000 on your GRE, and you should be a competitive applicant. Good luck!