Is Mid year worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This will be one boring and mundane midyear

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't hang out with students

only perverted academia hang with students and residents. We older folks go to bed at 9.

I'm going to have a wonderful and exciting time at midyear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Its exciting and i could totally use the vacation. I just don't know about this staying sober for the majority of the day while in Vegas business

It's OK...the residents you'll be talking to at the showcase don't plan on staying sober either.

Well...I guess I'll have to be sober sometimes, as I'm doing PPS, but other than that, no need for sobriety.

Damn it I'm gonna have to be sober the morning of the residency showcase aren't I. Or maybe not...talking to a hungover resident = the program must be good, right?

Vendors invite select customers for private dinners. Typically these are informal. And occurring much less now with the FDA restriction on marketing. There are drug company sponsored dinner and CE programs but I haven't seen much. Then there are presentations by different vendors here and there which aren't really food and alcohol events.

If you're looking for free dinner and booze party to crash, I will say those are rare and gone pretty much. Its who you know....and if those you know haven't invited you to those dinners then you need to get to know those who are connected.

I've been invited to and gone to my fair share considering I'm in retail at a chain that doesn't allow reps to visit. But I brought it up out of interest of going during the vegas trip

I've been invited to and gone to my fair share considering I'm in retail at a chain that doesn't allow reps to visit. But I brought it up out of interest of going during the vegas trip

Local pharma dinners are a little different than a dinner event at a major convention. Hit up your school gathering.

I almost regret I won't be going this year. I should have gone and asked every student whose CV I have slaved over to buy me a drink. :laugh:

Kids can't afford it..
They can pool their money. I can't drink equivalent of this many CVs anyway.

I will probably go next year, I can stop by for Midyear for live CEs and to meet with some people, and then go to the Universal Studios... the one Orlando area theme park I have not visited yet.

Last edited:
They can pool their money. I can't drink equivalent of this many CVs anyway.

I will probably go next year, I can stop by for Midyear for live CEs and to meet with some people, and then go to the Universal Studios... the one Orlando area theme park I have not visited yet.

By far my favorite!

Local pharma dinners are a little different than a dinner event at a major convention. Hit up your school gathering.

So I got home from my 5 week ICU out of town vacation to a mailbox full of dinner invites yesterday. I did RSVP for my school's dinner but I'm bailing to go to a dinner to hear Tom Lodise talk MRSA :cool:

A key to productive work travel is to eat less. High food consumption will wear you out.

I think we underestimate the physical exertion of digestion.

Someone post the weather forecast