is mid sept too late to upload LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanchik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it looks like my LORs 2/3 won't be in until mid sept. should i go ahead and submit ERAS on Sept 1st or wait till they are in. Thanx in advance, S

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the deadlines for your programs/specialties. If the deadlines for applications aren't until January and the programs are still interviewing late into winter, then you'll probably be ok.

Obviously if the deadlines are November or shortly after, you might be cutting it close. Mid-September should not be a problem at all, for any program or specialty.

Sanchik said:
Hey guys, it looks like my LORs 2/3 won't be in until mid sept. should i go ahead and submit ERAS on Sept 1st or wait till they are in. Thanx in advance, S

Definitely submit ASAP. Many programs like to get interviews set up early and may choose you based on info in your file other than LORs. Getting your letters in by the end of Sept should be totally fine.

Is it a bad idea to apply to programs without assigning ANY letters to them yet? None of my letters have arrived, and i don't want to assign letters to programs yet until i know the letters have come in. Will I be able to assign letters to programs after I have already applied to them? And how do programs know when your letters are up?