Is it too late to apply to more DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 6 schools and feel like I want to add 2 or 3 more. Would I be alright to do so or would I be considered late? Thanks

So I applied to 21 MD schools as well so I applied to alot of schools but I feel that I may need to apply to more DO schools as a safety net

Members don't see this ad.

Earliest is always best, but no it's not too late.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, not late at all
Thanks I got an II from a DO school already but I want to apply to a few more just in case since I know I'm low on volunteer hours and it's going to be hard to get more.

Depends on your stats if it’s even needed. It’s early. You getting an interview this early is a good sign and more prob aren’t needed

Hey guys so I did end up applying to three more DO schools. The interview that I did was a one way interview where there was not someone else talking so I think I was too awkward during it.

Hey guys so I did end up applying to three more DO schools. The interview that I did was a one way interview where there was not someone else talking so I think I was too awkward during it.
When do you hear back?

When do you hear back?
I have a zoom info session that is required to attend in October. I heard they give decisions about a month after that so I'm guessing I'll find out in November

The odds are in your favor that you will get an A at one of the 21 MD schools. Hopefully you will not lose your deposit to a DO school. GL.

If you plan to apply to anymore DO schools, I’d just get the rest of your primary applications out before September. However, depending on your stats, anything before Novemberish would still be considered early for DO schools.

If you plan to apply to anymore DO schools, I’d just get the rest of your primary applications out before September. However, depending on your stats, anything before Novemberish would still be considered early for DO schools.
Some schools are already sending out interviews. Feeling nervous with having to submit this month hehe

Definitely not too late. I was an average applicant and I finished the brunt of my apps in October after a late July MCAT. Got an II in Jan and in April. Was accepted at the April school in late July.