Is it too late (mid-October) to apply to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1726

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I tested on 9/10 and scored not too great (501) on the MCAT. My other stats are as follows 3.82 overall, 3.72 science. NJ resident. I have over 500 service hours, about 500 clinical hours shadowing, 500 research hours, and one publication. Letters of rec are on the strong side and I also have a committee letter.

Was a little discouraged by my MCAT score release today, and I'm wondering if I have a chance of admission if I apply to DO schools in the next week. Also, any thoughts on where to apply are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

You are not late for a DO application and I suggest these schools with your stats:
ROWANCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
NYIT-AR
CUSOM
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
LMU-DCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I tested on 9/10 and scored not too great (501) on the MCAT. My other stats are as follows 3.82 overall, 3.72 science. NJ resident. I have over 500 service hours, about 500 clinical hours shadowing, 500 research hours, and one publication. Letters of rec are on the strong side and I also have a committee letter.

Was a little discouraged by my MCAT score release today, and I'm wondering if I have a chance of admission if I apply to DO schools in the next week. Also, any thoughts on where to apply are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Nope, not at all. I agree with the wise Faha 's list except can't recommend LMU.