This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O-Block Uchiha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all my insightful predecessors. I am currently studying for my MCAT for July 27th, and my ambition is to become an emergency medicine physician. I'm going to apply for this years cycle to MD, but I am considering DO. The holistic and hands on approach they partake is one that really coincides with my ideals. My questions comes from, I want to know if is it significantly harder to get an EM residency with a DO degree? That is my ultimate aspiration, and I don't really wanna do anything that can hinder that goal. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello to all my insightful predecessors. I am currently studying for my MCAT for July 27th, and my ambition is to become an emergency medicine physician. I'm going to apply for this years cycle to MD, but I am considering DO. The holistic and hands on approach they partake is one that really coincides with my ideals. My questions comes from, I want to know if is it significantly harder to get an EM residency with a DO degree? That is my ultimate aspiration, and I don't really wanna do anything that can hinder that goal. Any advice?
It is not significantly more difficult to get into an EM residency with a DO degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No, it's not "significantly." Like most specialties it's easier with an MD but I worked with tons of EM DO docs who were fantastic in a top trauma center.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just use your Sharingan on the EM PDs and I'm sure they'll let you in. Otherwise, the above advice is solid.

Reactions: 1 users