Is it possible to do research while completing MBA portion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonguetalker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question is pretty straightforward. If one were doing research already, would it be possible to continue this during the MBA portion of MD/MBA or is that component too rigid to try to fit it in? The fields that I am interested in generally require an extra year of research to be competitive at top programs and I dont really want to be in school for six years. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have colleagues that have done it. Most did evening-MBAs though.

I did the same, an evening MBA, thought I went the route of a MS/MBA.

Best.

Hi thanks for the response. The MBA portion I would be doing would be done at a traditional program like GSB.

Did the "traditional" MD with full time MBA. Yea you can make it fit, but probably in small blocks. The problem is your MBA classes will load you with group work and projects that are time consuming and will turn your schedule into a patchwork. To maximize how much you get out of the MBA you have to add the networking, organizations, internship etc. I guess it really depends what you want out of it. Also, depending on your program, you may have a longitudinal project / thesis of some sort during your second MBA year.