Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey if you don't mind me asking - I have never heard of the "green zone". What numbers fall within the green zone and is it statistically certain that those that fall within that range get an offer or get accepted?
They’re talking about a different school (per the quote), not Iowa State. That school they were talking about tells you how likely you are to get pulled.

Members don't see this ad.

Just recieved an offer in my email!

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an admission offer with scholarship! I was #14 on the waitlist. Good luck everybody, looks like things are moving fast :)

Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys,

I already put my deposit down as an OOS student at Iowa but I was just pulled off the waitlist at my top school (CSU) and decided to accept my offer there instead. I contacted Iowa to let them know I would no longer be going there so that should free up a spot for those on the waitlist. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys,

I already put my deposit down as an OOS student at Iowa but I was just pulled off the waitlist at my top school (CSU) and decided to accept my offer there instead. I contacted Iowa to let them know I would no longer be going there so that should free up a spot for those on the waitlist. Good luck everybody!
Congrats on CSU!

Reactions: 2 users
Got a phone call admission offer today, OOS!! I accepted - was originally #21

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CHANGE YOUR TAG ON HERE!!!!!! You’re no longer “just want to 2022,” you ARE “c/o 2022”!!!!!
Congrats!!
Will do :) thanks for all the support guys. Rooting for you all:love:

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Did they say if they were full yet?
Thank you!:) They did not!! I’m going to assume they aren’t since they go through so many spots every year, and I was number 21 on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
I am looking for roommates in the trailer park next to the vet school. Nice, spacious 3 bed, 2 bath trailer. Message me if interested. $375/month

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 4 users
I just got an offer from Oklahoma State!! I will give up my waitlist spot. Although my number is pretty high, hope this will still help someone!! Best of luck to everyone, we are in this together.

Reactions: 7 users
I just got an offer from Oklahoma State!! I will give up my waitlist spot. Although my number is pretty high, hope this will still help someone!! Best of luck to everyone, we are in this together.
What was your original number?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Congrats on OKstate! I did undergrad there and the school and people are great!

According to the APVMA Facebook page, #38 was just offered an accepted their spot!

So they should be calling #190 any minute now right? :arghh: Hahha trying not to lose hope!

Reactions: 9 users
Hi all! I was accepted OOS for Iowa State and just got into Missouri today which I am 99% I will accept. I sent my deposit and admittance letter on 4/13 and it was postmarked then as well. It was supposed to arrive 4/16 but I emailed today and they said it hasn't arrived but probably tomorrow. Do you think theres any possible way that if I decline the offer tomorrow, they won't cash the deposit check...?

Hi all! I was accepted OOS for Iowa State and just got into Missouri today which I am 99% I will accept. I sent my deposit and admittance letter on 4/13 and it was postmarked then as well. It was supposed to arrive 4/16 but I emailed today and they said it hasn't arrived but probably tomorrow. Do you think theres any possible way that if I decline the offer tomorrow, they won't cash the deposit check...?
Call and ask. They might be willing to not cash it, but there’s a chance that it might be a “well you sent in your deposit to accept a seat and deposits are not refundable if you end up turning it down”
Worst they can say is no, but it doesn’t hurt to call and ask.
Congrats on Mizzou!!

If they say no you could always put a stop payment on the check.

Just wondering.. for the deposit, does it have to be a check? or could you pay online or over the phone so you can use your card?
I'm pretty sure you can only pay with a check. The letter you have to send in with it only has check as an option.

In case anyone is going to ask today about their updated alternate number, I got this response when I asked:

"We have not updated the alternate list since you last checked, but will have a new update on Monday, April 23. We are still getting acceptances and declines, so the list is changing quickly. Please keep checking."

Reactions: 6 users
In case anyone is going to ask today about their updated alternate number, I got this response when I asked:

"We have not updated the alternate list since you last checked, but will have a new update on Monday, April 23. We are still getting acceptances and declines, so the list is changing quickly. Please keep checking."

I was just about to make a post about this too! I’m nervous and excited to see how much it’s moved since people are coming off the waitlist at other schools

You could also do a stop payment on the check and just let them know you changed your mind and the check is no longer valid.

I got the same reply this morning. They gave me a number from April 13 but said they are working on a new update for Monday. As of April 13th I went from 285 to 264, but the numbers have definitely changed since then!

Went from 209 to 187.... Need a lot more movement please :(

I think you can call your bank and cancel the check. I feel like I've heard of people doing this.

Anyone hear anything today? I saw the Facebook group is at 91 people now

I wonder if they are waiting until Monday to do anything since they are waitin until then to send out updated numbers to everyone.

I wonder if they are waiting until Monday to do anything since they are waitin until then to send out updated numbers to everyone.
Do you know if they are updating everyone’s numbers or would we have had to ask for it?

Do you know if they are updating everyone’s numbers or would we have had to ask for it?
I would assume you would have to ask. The first time we got numbers updated it was just the people who asked who got an update. This time they just haven’t updated the list with people removing themselves and such it seems so they don’t have a number to tell the people who asked. I don’t think they’re going to update the numbers for everyone on the main page or anything because that’d be more time consuming than just updating the people who actually asked.

I would assume you would have to ask. The first time we got numbers updated it was just the people who asked who got an update. This time they just haven’t updated the list with people removing themselves and such it seems so they don’t have a number to tell the people who asked. I don’t think they’re going to update the numbers for everyone on the main page or anything because that’d be more time consuming than just updating the people who actually asked.

They said they would have updated numbers tomorrow 4/23 but you have to ask for it

Has anyone heard anything today as an updated number? That can kinda gage where the movement is going.

I'm going to send a message and see if i get an update