Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get an updated waitlist number? I’ll try and call on my lunch break today.
Just sent a message in the message portal!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's finals week, they might be super swamped or on lunch themselves!
Oh yeah I figured! They had just said they’d have an update today so figured I’d give them a call! :)

It's finals week, they might be super swamped or on lunch themselves!
Good to know! Thank you!
Also, just to note. I’m guessing there around 44 seats left in the class. Class of 2021 was 156 and the C/O 2022 Facebook page has 112 members. So if 4/5 decline their seat, then I will potentially get in
Hahaha just trying to find some humor in the waiting process :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Good to know! Thank you!
Also, just to note. I’m guessing there around 44 seats left in the class. Class of 2021 was 156 and the C/O 2022 Facebook page has 112 members. So if 4/5 decline their seat, then I will potentially get in
There might be some more spots than you think! Dr. Howard is maintaining the page as an admin until everyone is added. There might be a couple of soon to be VM2 in the page as well.

Reactions: 2 users
There might be some more spots than you think! Dr. Howard is maintaining the page as an admin until everyone is added. There might be a couple of soon to be VM2 in the page as well.
Well that definitely puts some more pep in my step :)

Good to know! Thank you!

:laugh::laugh: I have been doing the same thing mental math on if I get a seat or not

Low key stalking the portal right now lol
Haha and I'm stalking my email waiting for the portal message! Literally refreshing every 5 mins (and checking for final grades every 15 mins). I'm basically going mental. UGH it's nearly 4 and no update yet... did they forget about us?

First year has been good! Just heading into finals now so we’ll see by the end of the week . But some great advice I received was to start studying anatomy NOW. I used the Colorado dog all summer and it definitely saved my butt for the fall semester. Anatomy is intensive and Dr. Swamy expects the best of his students so it would save you a lot of pain to start looking at it this summer. As for helpful books I’d definitely get the Dukes Physiology and Anatomy books goes for the fall. I didn’t use any of the other books honestly but that varies between students and their preferences. Also you’ll go through lots of gloves in anatomy lab so stock up now! And I’d recommend 2 lab coats for anatomy....they get disgusting quick.
Don’t stress or freak out too much it’s honestly a fantastic experience. I haven’t been too stressed overall this year except when finals come around but that’s normal. Yes studies are important but make sure to reach out and make friends in all the classes, experience the town and events, don’t be a hermit basically haha. Mental health is super important and the experience is 100 times better when you have friends to go through it with and support you along the way. We’re all a big family and the upper classmen are usually more than happy to help you out along the way . Feel free to ask any questions! I’m happy to help and will most likely be one of the orientation leaders this August when you all come in!
Thanks For the tip! I have used the Colorado Site too! I will make a document of all the websites I have used in my vet med program at UF! There also is a great coloring book for anatomy!

Good to know! Thank you!
Just to make you feel better, I think your math is wrong. If you're around 130 you'd need 2/3 people to decline their seat. Which is better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to make you feel better, I think your math is wrong. If you're around 130 you'd need 2/3 people to decline their seat. Which is better!
Still not holding by breath on those odds xD

Originally 239, last Monday was 158 and today I’m 138. Trying not to lose hope!!!

Originally 289, last Monday was 211, now I'm 191... ugh

I’m 178 ( if the list could move more :laugh::laugh:) was originally 276

Has any gotten a response about how many seats are left? I know I’m the FB page it has 112 but you never know

Reactions: 1 users
If there's truly 44 spots left, why arnt they calling more people? You guys think there's just a bunch of people that got offered but haven't submitted yet?

If there's truly 44 spots left, why arnt they calling more people? You guys think there's just a bunch of people that got offered but haven't submitted yet?
I definitely think that is what is happening.

Got a message! I’m now #92! I was 190 to start! :clap:

Reactions: 5 users
Originally 326, now 224 lol. Started from the bottom, now we here

Reactions: 8 users
Started 285, now 187! So much uncertainty, but it's not over until the rejection letter sings! ;)

Reactions: 6 users
Not to put a damper on things, but I’m sure that not everyone who has been accepted is in the Facebook group. Some people simply don’t have Facebook or rarely use it and some may not have gotten around to it, so I wouldn’t judge how many people there are in the class by that.
Hoping for a lot of you guys to get called either from ISU or some other school!!

Not to put a damper on things, but I’m sure that not everyone who has been accepted is in the Facebook group. Some people simply don’t have Facebook or rarely use it and some may not have gotten around to it, so I wouldn’t judge how many people there are in the class by that.
Hoping for a lot of you guys to get called either from ISU or some other school!!
You’re probably right. I’m just being hopeful :)

Well 183 last week to 163 this week. Not much movement on my end but I’m still holding onto hope.

I started at 155 now I am at 58. Hopefully it keeps moving quickly because that was mostly in the past couple of weeks.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

I got a response on how many seats need to be filled and Katy said:

Currently we have 12 seats to fill and have letters or phone calls out for all. It is doubtful all will accept and we will probably continue down the list but not as quickly.

Kathy

Currently we have 12 seats to fill and have letters or phone calls out for all. It is doubtful all will accept and we will probably continue down the list but not as quickly.

Kathy
Oh nooooo that’s not what I wanted to hear! I hope it keeps moving! Fingers crossed!

Oh nooooo that’s not what I wanted to hear! I hope it keeps moving! Fingers crossed!
Same here :( although hopefully some who have accepted/put down deposits are waiting to hear from other schools and may choose to go elsewhere if they’re accepted. Just trying to make myself feel better looking at it that way :/

Kathy
Thanks for sharing, only 12 left huh?

Is having only 12 spots left normal at this point for Iowa?

Kathy
Not what I was wanting to hear :(
Not holding out much hope at this point.

FYI: Only 11 seats available now. Asked on portal this morning to confirm.

I’m nervous to check in Monday and see where they are on the alternate list :(

Reactions: 6 users
I just received an update on the portal: You are currently number 104 on the alternate list. We have 5 spots open and 5 offers out, with their deadline to respond by late next week. We will not have any update until after their response. Thank you.

I started at 211/328

DId anyone apply to the masters for this fall?

So funny it happened this way, but I visited Iowa CVM on the 6th to the 7th and as the plane was departing Iowa I got a call from Mississippi that I had been admitted. I'm glad I got to see the school, it was lovely, but I think I am going to stick with Mississippi even if I get called off the waitlist at Iowa. School there starts June 20th so I will be making permanent decisions like signing leases and buying a new computer within the next few days. I'll probably stay on the list just to see If I get the offer. The only thing that would change my mind would be a scholarship. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone heard any updates on where the waitlist is now or how many at large seats are left?

Thanks!

Has anyone heard any updates on where the waitlist is now or how many at large seats are left?

Thanks!

I sent a message today, will update if I hear back! Trying to stay optimistic!

Reactions: 3 users