Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
University of Arizona today by email (10/24)

Members don't see this ad.

U of Az today, Irvine yesterday - both email. Don't think I will take anymore interviews (unless Duke or UCSD have a change of heart).

UAz, for me too.
The drought has ended. Bring on the locusts- I can take it.

I am going CRAZY! I am so bored. Without academic pressures, I can not concentrate. All I can do is check my email! Ugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arizona - 10/24

Sometimes I feel like the only one who got an invite to AZ this year... :laugh: :D

DrDre' said:
Sometimes I feel like the only one who got an invite to AZ this year... :laugh: :D
no wonder it took me so long to get through to set up the date - the entire sdn board was trying to call UAz.

dave262 said:
I really think it would help if MacGuyver came and started talking about CRNAs...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've often wondered what's become of MacGuyver. He was before my time, but I would often read his posts when going through the SDN archives. Is he still posting? Anyone heard from him (her)?

ear-ache said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've often wondered what's become of MacGuyver. He was before my time, but I would often read his posts when going through the SDN archives. Is he still posting? Anyone heard from him (her)?

I think he made an anesthesia machine out of a gum wrapper and a balloon, patented it and has retired to the yucatan peninsula.

Do not speak his name! He may return if called back from the fiery depths. Only Harry Potter can say his name insolently...

rush via email 10/25

Idiopathic said:
Rush today...anyone have any info on their program? Their website is pretty, but sparse. Perks, stipend, etc? Thanks.

4 weeks vacation. You can use the time as you wish. So that means people routinely take monday off to get three day weekends. Its nice to break up the month that way.

1 week of conference time off. People are going all over the place including the carribeans. Oh yeah. Reimbursed for some travel expenses I believe.

300 smackers a year for books. The dept also has 1000 bucks per person for academic purchases but it must be payed back at some point.

Pay for your gas for your trips to Rush North Shore (private hospital) during those months.

Post call day off. Hit the road at 7am. No workin on weekends if you aren't on call.

They buy your memberships to the ASA and Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists.

Free orange sweatpants for halloween.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was a good day. I got Arizona, UCSF, Colorado, and Kansas.

Interviews: UCSF, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Mayo, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kansas, Vermont, Wake Forest, Virginia

Haven't heard from: Washington, Virginia Mason, UCLA, UCSD, OHSU, Northwestern, UNC, Cornell

B-Bone said:
Today was a good day. I got Arizona, UCSF, Colorado, and Kansas.

Interviews: UCSF, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Mayo, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kansas, Vermont, Wake Forest, Virginia

Haven't heard from: Washington, Virginia Mason, UCLA, UCSD, OHSU, Northwestern, UNC, Cornell

Really? Colorado sent me an email a few weeks ago saying they had received over 500 apps and would not be making any decisions until after the MSPE is released on November 1. Are you from CO or on a rotation there?

For those of you who got an invite from UC Irvine and you sent a request for an interview date, has anyone gotten back to you confirming it? I'm just wondering if she wound up getting it. I may resend if she hasn't gotten back to me soon.

Mount Sinai 10/25 via email

proman said:
BWH and UNC by email today. Looks like I'm in the late pile.

in the LATE pile? :eek: i hope not. . .I was thinking any invites before the dean's letter comes out are all "early".

E'02 said:

dude that's awesome...i thought they were waiting till nov. 1 for the mspe's.

nice!

Uconn
Yale U
BU
MGH
BID
B&W
StElizabeth
Tuft's
UMass(I) 1/25
Baystate(I) 1/12
Dartmouth
MaineMed(I) 12/21
UVM (I) Interviewed 9/14
URochester (I) 11/13
NYMC
UAlbany
PennSt (I) 1/2
UPenn
MUSC

Prelim Medicine
Greenwich Hospital
Griffin Hospital(I) 12/3
Norwalk Hospital(I) 2/3
UConn (New Britian)(R)
Yale(I) 1/14
Baystate(I) 1/20
Salem Hospital(I) 12/20
St Vincent(I) 1/13
UMass(I) 1/24
Albert Einstein

fishtolive said:
dude that's awesome...i thought they were waiting till nov. 1 for the mspe's.

nice!

Thanks! I was pretty surprised too. Hope you get your invite soon!

E'02 said:

Did you do an away there? (or are you a med student there?) Sinai did say they're not sending any invites until the dean's letter comes out, but i think such programs still extend early invites to their own students (and those who rotated there) since the program already knows those students.

UTMB- which is the one in Galveston by email 10/25. Lots of dates available.

Anyone hear from Baylor or UT-Houston?

chicamedica said:
Did you do an away there? (or are you a med student there?) Sinai did say they're not sending any invites until the dean's letter comes out, but i think such programs still extend early invites to their own students (and those who rotated there) since the program already knows those students.

It's still a little surprising - I'm a student there and last week during mock interview night we were repeatedly reminded that no one would be contacted before november 1st, including Sinai folks.

West Penn Allegheny via email and ERAS 10/26 :D

Did anybody receive a confirmation email from UC Irvine for an interview date? Just curious because it has been couple of days since I gave them my preferred dates and I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Come to think of it, no! She asked to be re-emailed if no response in 48 hours, so I guess I'll start becoming annoying.

generic email! It's one of those "dream" schools for me, so I was expecting a rejection... They are teasing and keeping dreams alive... darn cali!
:rolleyes:

MD/TX2006 said:
generic email! It's one of those "dream" schools for me, so I was expecting a rejection... They are teasing and keeping dreams alive... darn cali!

ME2

MD/TX2006 said:

Yeah same message here. But i was aware that they wait for the dean's letter, so when I saw the email heading, i pretty much know it was a generic.

cubs3canes said:
UTMB- which is the one in Galveston by email 10/25. Lots of dates available.

Anyone hear from Baylor or UT-Houston?

Both baylor & houston started sending out invites last week I think. Probably a steady stream to keep coming as everone starts cancelling, etc. Good luck.

Mayo Jacksonville, email invite
Stanford, email teaser

UPenn today via e-mail...They're slowing dripping in for me

Took Step 2CK today too!!! Forgot how much your butt hurts after sitting in front of a monitor for 9 hours +pissed+

Hope I did well b/c I think I pressed the "release scores" button in ERAS. Friggin' idiot!!!

I'm going to nap now :sleep:

MD/TX2006 said:

my eyes almost popped out when i saw the title of email... what a freakin' tease, man. I guess I wouldn't have to wait long before the big Rejection Email come in.

Got my step 2 score back... got around national average again, just like Step 1. Should I release? I guess it shouldn't hurt, huh? :confused:

Yo
Would all the pimps... and madames... who have interviewed please visit the "interview review" thread, and give the rest of us an idea of what you thought? I'll add the link below.

http://beta.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=231211

btw, I think this thread may reach 1000 posts, and as dre said, it's definitely setting some records. It's good to see that my future colleagues are pretty cool cats... and kittens.

my dos pesos should read my dos centavos to be technical about it.

ThinkFast007 said:
hey ordinary guy

i hear you on this one...my thoughts are as follows.

Given the HUGE increase in Anesthesiology this year I really dont believe there's going to be a 'easy' program to get into this year. Obviously, the word "easy" is such a loose term since there's no real ranking out there....US NEWS only does the top 20 or so and then there's the NIH research funding rank that was done in like 2000.

bottom line, i think anesthesiology is going to be like derm, optho, ortho, radiology where there's no real 'easy' program to get into. personally, i think the previously thought of as 'easy' programs, if such a thing existed, are no longer going to be that way during this match.

my dos pesos

Totally gay letter from UAB today... they said they had filled are there interview slots and that I am on a short wait list for an interview. totally weak.... but this is what I get for turning in my apps late.

rejected by U of Florida.... email 10/28

Rejection from Wake about a week ago...Trying to come to terms with it and my therapist suggested that posting was the first step on the road to recovery. :D

bigwillmd said:
Rejection from Wake about a week ago...Trying to come to terms with it and my therapist suggested that posting was the first step on the road to recovery. :D

I am sure you are the first of many casualties as next week rolls around. I am waiting for my boat load of rejections.

Does anybody know anything about this program? There are no reviews on scutwork...any help is appreciated !

Uconn
Yale U
BU
MGH(R) 10/28
BID
B&W
StElizabeth
Tuft's
UMass(I) 1/25
Baystate(I) 1/12
Dartmouth
MaineMed(I) 12/21