Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to the PGY2ers. lol, I feel like it takes a certain type of person to go through this process again. :p

I have heard from all three PGY2 residency programs that I have applied for - all invites. This process has been very laid back than applying for PGY1 but it's probably helpful that I have worked as a clinical pharmacist for a few years and my desired program is not in "hot" fields such as critical care or ID.

I have heard from all three PGY2 residency programs that I have applied for - all invites. This process has been very laid back than applying for PGY1 but it's probably helpful that I have worked as a clinical pharmacist for a few years and my desired program is not in "hot" fields such as critical care or ID.
Congrats! What are you going in to? It hasn't been as stressful as last year, but I'm still dreaming out a bit. :p

I have not heard from U of Arizona for PGY2...
Hmm... I wonder if anyone else has?

This year is definitely less stressful than last year. I think I may have thought too much about everything last year. I feel much cooler and calmer about the whole process with my mind on all my residency stuff I have to do haha

Hmm... I wonder if anyone else has?

This year is definitely less stressful than last year. I think I may have thought too much about everything last year. I feel much cooler and calmer about the whole process with my mind on all my residency stuff I have to do haha
Yeah my friend heard back from University of Arizona over a week ago. She told me that they are already doing interviews for PGY1 too.

Where has everyone heard from? I know the following have contacted for interviews and rejections Utah, Montana, UT, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maryland, UCSF, Arizona, tons of the VAs like all over the place, all the major Chicago place, MUSC, Ohio, MI, Stanford, Hopkins. Who else?

And all the ones with the states are the obvious univeristy medical centers

Anybody heard from Georgetown or Yale?

I'm still waiting on two programs. Deadline was 1/01 for one program and the other program was 1/10. If I don't hear back from the this week, it'll probably just be a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where has everyone heard from? I know the following have contacted for interviews and rejections Utah, Montana, UT, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maryland, UCSF, Arizona, tons of the VAs like all over the place, all the major Chicago place, MUSC, Ohio, MI, Stanford, Hopkins. Who else?

So far I've heard from MUSC, University of Maryland, Henry Ford, IU, university of Tennessee, and a few other smaller places in the Midwest area

Congrats! What are you going in to? It hasn't been as stressful as last year, but I'm still dreaming out a bit. :p

I'll release info after the match mainly because my desired area has only a handful of programs in the US and I would like to stay anonymous until the match. What programs are you applying for, if you don't mind sharing?

I'll release info after the match mainly because my desired area has only a handful of programs in the US and I would like to stay anonymous until the match. What programs are you applying for, if you don't mind sharing?
Haha, I'm in the same boat with sharing info. <2 months away until we find out what we'll be doing for the next year! :D

Has anyone heard from The Miami VA or Cleveland Clinic Florida?

Has anyone heard from any of the following programs????....

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston
University of Maryland
NYU Langone
Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
Ralph H Johnson VA in Charleston, SC

I interviewed at BIDMC in Boston today.

Has anyone heard from UMass?

I have a feeling we are both applying to the same field lol

I've only been invited to one interview and got rejected from two. I have yet to hear back from about 7 more programs and am wondering if all programs inform you, whether rejection/acceptance or not. I'm getting a little antsy

I've only been invited to one interview and got rejected from two. I have yet to hear back from about 7 more programs and am wondering if all programs inform you, whether rejection/acceptance or not. I'm getting a little antsy

Good luck on that interview! You only need one program to rank you :)

I interviewed today. Did not go well. The person interviewing with me said she interviewed at a program I've yet to hear back from, so I guess that's that.

I interviewed today. Did not go well. The person interviewing with me said she interviewed at a program I've yet to hear back from, so I guess that's that.

I'm sorry you don't feel it went well. Here's hoping you thought wrong! May I ask where? Also, where did the other girl hear from? I'm curious if they are ones I am waiting on...

FYI if you are still waiting,

I applied to 8 PGY-1 programs in the NE

5 interviews
2 rejections
1 no response

Has anyone heard from Advocate Christ in IL yet? Or either of the Henry Ford hospitals in Michigan?

Anyone heard from CALIFORNIA PACIFIC MEDICAL CTR, LUCILE SALTER PACKARD,
VA CENTRAL CALIFORNIA HLTH CARE, or WASHINGTON HOSP HEALTHCARE SYS?

I didn't apply there but I know people with interviews there this week.

I didn't apply there but I know people with interviews there this week.

Hmm..ok thanks. Not sure how many interviews they'll do or if this week is all. Guess I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I'd like to talk about the previously-alluded-to phenomenon of smaller places rejecting you, but larger places inviting you in for interview, especially if you're a gunner. I and some of my friends have been invited in to interview at some of the top programs, while small hospitals are rejecting us. Is this because they just assume that they are our backups and don't want to waste an interview slot on us? It saddens me especially because I actually prefer smaller hospitals to larger programs, but despite my LOI many are not giving me a chance to show them that. Is there such a thing as having a portfolio that's TOO competitive?

I'd like to talk about the previously-alluded-to phenomenon of smaller places rejecting you, but larger places inviting you in for interview, especially if you're a gunner. I and some of my friends have been invited in to interview at some of the top programs, while small hospitals are rejecting us. Is this because they just assume that they are our backups and don't want to waste an interview slot on us? It saddens me especially because I actually prefer smaller hospitals to larger programs, but despite my LOI many are not giving me a chance to show them that. Is there such a thing as having a portfolio that's TOO competitive?

It's also about being a good fit for the program. Maybe "gunners" won't fit in at a small community hospital because of various reasons. Maybe its just a time constraint because of limited interview spots for a smaller hospital (less positions). Unless your letter of intent stated up-front that your future goals include working at a small community hospital or to specifically work at X because of Y reasons, the committee might assume you're more interested in a progressive academic hospital rather than a smaller community hospital (?)

I don't think it's really about being TOO competitive, but maybe the disconnect between what you want/think you want and what they want/need (i.e. fit).

Has anyone heard from the VA in Phoenix (the amb care focus program in particular)?

Invites (or rejection) have gone out for the following:
VA Denver
VA Charleston
VA Tampa
VA West Palm Beach
VA Albuquerque
VA Tucson
VA Salt Lake City

Has anyone heard from the VA in Phoenix (the amb care focus program in particular)?

Invites (or rejection) have gone out for the following:
VA Denver
VA Charleston
VA Tampa
VA West Palm Beach
VA Albuquerque
VA Tucson
VA Salt Lake City
My friend received an interview invite for the phx VA amb care last week