Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

no, and Im not liking the wait!

...I have to remind myself that the deadline for many of mine hasnt even passed yet!

not yet, but I got an "I can't wait for you to visit!"

Members don't see this ad :)
not yet, but I got an "I can't wait for you to visit!"

I've gotten one of those, too. I just hope that if I get more than one interview invite I can coordinate things.

my first deadline was the 4th, and i havent heard anything so of course im thinking the worst.

1 out of 5 sent me an email saying they got my application atleast.

So far I have gotten a phone call from one place letting me know they have my application minus 2 LORS which are in the mail. I also got an email from another program letting me know that they got my applications minus 2 LORS. I feel like if those letters had gotten there already they would have invited me for an interview already.

general question... how is the proper way to turn down an interview?

i applied to 10 programs, have interviews at 4 so far. if i end up getting interviews with programs that are higher up on my preference list i might turn down 1 or 2 other interviews. is that ok to do? i would only do this if i get invited to interview at my top choices.

my first deadline was the 4th, and i havent heard anything so of course im thinking the worst.

1 out of 5 sent me an email saying they got my application atleast.

you might consider emailing the programs just to verify that all of your application materials have been received. thats what i did anyway. if for some reason all or parts of your app were missing i don't know if they would still let you submit the missing materials since all of the deadlines have passed. you'll feel better knowing the status though, either way.

only two of the deadlines have passed.

the other three are like end of january'ish. i just thought i would have heard from someone by now but i guess not.

meanwhile my walgreens offer is staring me in the face.

Got an invite today - phone.

I received an email today extending an offer for an interview. I set it up for a little over two weeks away to provide myself plenty of time to prepare. I'm nervous and so excited. I can't believe it's going to last 5 hours during that time we're having lunch together. It's a panel of 4 people and I will get one-on-one time as well. I definitely won't have an appetite, but I'll force myself to eat. :) I can't wait to get out of retail!

I'm not getting the itinerary until the morning of the interview? Is that normal? I won't know who is interviewing me thus I can't look up info. about each person to ask questions.

that's normal. Some places send out a head of time, but not all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my first interview invite today as well - and the deadline isn't until tomorrow. Now I'm trying to figure out when to schedule it based on the theoretical probability of other invites...

Edit: Oh, and congrats to everyone so far!

First two invites came today. One by snail mail, the other email.
Good luck everyone!

havent heard a peep from any of my programs yet.

To anyone thats seen the process from the other side - Is this the point where I start losing all hope? :confused:

Be patient...I know my program hasn't sent out invites yet.

Heard back from 5/5 of the applications I sent in- all via e-mail (but I'm out of the country so they may have tried calling).

Goodluck all.

1 phone, 2 email; 1 "we have your stuff and will decide next week" and 2 nothings.

Has anyone heard anything back from any programs based in NYC? The deadlines for 2 of mine were at the beginning of the month and I haven't heard a thing from one and only that my application was complete from another. . I'm not so much of a fan of this waiting game and misery loves company . .

Congrats to all those that have heard :)

Has anyone heard anything back from any programs based in NYC? The deadlines for 2 of mine were at the beginning of the month and I haven't heard a thing from one and only that my application was complete from another. . I'm not so much of a fan of this waiting game and misery loves company . .

I applied to two places in NYC. The first one's deadline was the 5th, and I've only heard that my application is complete. The other program's deadline was the 15th, and I was offered an interview a few days before that.

Also, I've heard from all the places I applied to in my home state, but only the one out-of-state. The in-state programs told me they were looking at in-state candidates first, because those interviews are easier to set up. Most of my classmates haven't heard from out-of-state places yet either, so I'm thinking that's more or less universal.

Has anyone received a phone interview invitation? I got the email on Friday and the director said they will call sometime in the next couple of weeks. I guess it's a preliminary interview before the onsite interview. I don't really know what to expect, other than it'll be for about 30 minutes. Any tips on questions they may ask? Or any info I guess :D

Congrats and good luck to all who've received invites!

Congrats to all those that have heard :)

I heard back from the VA.

Has anyone received a phone interview invitation? I got the email on Friday and the director said they will call sometime in the next couple of weeks. I guess it's a preliminary interview before the onsite interview. I don't really know what to expect, other than it'll be for about 30 minutes. Any tips on questions they may ask? Or any info I guess :D

Congrats and good luck to all who've received invites!

Is your phone interview for a program in Chicago?

You can PM me if you'd rather...

Is your phone interview for a program in Chicago?

You can PM me if you'd rather...

No, it's a VA in Milwaukee. Have you or anyone else received one in Chicago? I just don't know what to expect

I received an e-mail invite to a PGY-2 in Chicago.

I applied for community residencies. I have heard as follows:

2 Email Invites
1 Email "Sorry We Can Not Interview You"
1 Nothing

1st interview is a day and a half on this Thursday & Friday!

No, it's a VA in Milwaukee. Have you or anyone else received one in Chicago? I just don't know what to expect

I didn't apply to any programs in Chicago but my friend applied to 5 there. She has interviews at a few places already. I know one for sure is the North Chicago VA. I can ask her the names of the other programs she has heard back from.

Last year I got:
4: email invites
1: phone invite
1: snail mail rejection
1: never heard from them - not even a "thanks for applying but we are unable to offer you an interview"

I received an invite on Friday via email...it's a VA :)

Good Luck to everyone!

I have heard from 2:) and and still waiting for 1:xf:

So far . . out of 6 . .

1 invite (today, finally!) - email - was due the 15th
1 rejection - email - was due the 6th - heard on the 15th

Ok, now I can laugh at my worry-wart post from a few days back.

all via email: 2 invites, 1 rejection. still a few more out...

Got my first rejection today (from one of my top choices) :( Still waiting to hear from 3 other programs. Trying not to give up hope!

So far.....

3 email invitations
1 phone interview
5 nothing :)xf:)

just wonder if anyone out there who applied to texas programs (houston/dallas) has heard anything either way....the wait is killing me!!

Good luck everyone!!

well i got two invites in the past 24 hours, and both want me to come on the same weekends of course. one was due the 10th and one the 15th.

im trying to hold off and hear from my top choice which was due the 4th, since these 2 were low on my list.

i have one that was due the 18th and one the end of the month. im so screwed on trying to plan things.

Rejection #2. Third choice. Email.

Has anyone heard back from Charleston or Atlanta VA?

So far.....

3 email invitations
1 phone interview
5 nothing :)xf:)

just wonder if anyone out there who applied to texas programs (houston/dallas) has heard anything either way....the wait is killing me!!

Good luck everyone!!

Phone interview? Is it an AK or HI rotation?

All of the programs I applied to are in Texas; primarily Dallas and Houston...

So far it is my experience and talking with my friends that are applying if you haven't heard back two weeks after the due date, I would not count on an interview.
:thumbdown:mad::thumbdown:
All of my interviews came a couple of days after the due date and so I am not planning to interview at programs that I have not heard from.

yeah im starting to think that too, as thats kinda how it happened.

the issue being my one with an "end of january" deadline i will probably have to declie simply on the fact that my decision will be made by then.

I disagree. I spoke today to a program whose due date was the 4th and they said they're deciding this week or next who to invite. Ditto from a program that was due thre 5th. Go figure I've heard from all the ones that were due the 8th

my first official email rejection today, very depressing, specially no onsite interviews, had 2 phone interviews, one sucked, one went good... rest of the 2 places- no updates,... looks very gloomy!:(

+pissed+

I have an interview at the Charleston VA. They contacted me last week.

Yes...I have an interview in early Feb. They emailed on the 15th, the date of the deadline. I am still waiting on a couple more...anyone heard from Medical University of SC? Good luck!!

Yes...I have an interview in early Feb. They emailed on the 15th, the date of the deadline. I am still waiting on a couple more...anyone heard from Medical University of SC? Good luck!!

I received an onsite interview offer from MUSC via telephone three days ago. I have also received 1 other interview offer and 1 rejection via email b/c of "record number of applicants this year". Anyone heard from Barnes-Jewish in STL? Good luck to everyone!!

Is your Feb interview with Charleston or Atlanta? I got a reject today from Charleston.