Interview Invitations 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danimjo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know it's early, but as most of my secondaries are in... I'm waiting for the interview invitations to start.

I thought I'd create a thread where we can post what interview invitations we receive and when for each DO school for this application season. I know it could fit under the school specific discussions but many of those are just tagged on to the end of the discussions for 2008-2009 it might be nice to have a new interview invite discussion all in one place.

Members don't see this ad.

So this doesn't apply to me, but I read somewhere else on SDN that some students have received interview invitations to Touro NV, before the secondary is available...

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? Does anyone know why Touro NV does it this way? To my knowledge they are the only school that does this right? Does this just apply to really desirable students?

I know it's an allopathic school, but for anyone else who applied to Texas Tech through TMDSAS I just saw a student on SDN was granted an interview on August 7th.... probably the first interview date!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was informed I'll be granted an interview at TOURO NV, not date yet, but I know its coming :D

Wow, you finished your applications really early! (I'm jealous). The only interview invite I have so far is to my state school, the only MD program I applied to. Still waiting for my primary to be verified for osteopathic schools. How long (on average) did it take for the schools you applied at to send you a secondary after receiving your primary?

I applied to seven D.O. schools. AACOMAS sent my applications in mid June. I received secondary applications from six of the seven schools with 2 or 3 days. The only school that has not is PCOM Georgia. I called the Admissions office and was told that the Secondary Aplication for 2010 admission will not be ready for distribution until late July. I have called the six schools that has received my applications to verify receipt of my LORs and to verify that otherwise my application was comlete. Most will begin interviews in early October - some in late September.

Got an interview invite from LECOM-Bradenton. Can't believe they are contacting so soon! I will have to call Monday as I got the message on voicemail late Saturday but they called Friday!! It seems from other posts that the first day they are offering interviews is September 18th.

Got an interview invite from LECOM-Bradenton. Can't believe they are contacting so soon! I will have to call Monday as I got the message on voicemail late Saturday but they called Friday!! It seems from other posts that the first day they are offering interviews is September 18th.

Wow, this is early lol. Good luck!

I was informed I'll be granted an interview at TOURO NV, not date yet, but I know its coming :D

The email they sent me said that their secondaries wouldn't be out til later this month. They are offering interviews pre-secondary??

The email they sent me said that their secondaries wouldn't be out til later this month. They are offering interviews pre-secondary??

Yeah, I have seen a couple of these posts. I don't understand it. My email said the secondary won't be available until July 20th.

Yes... I spoke with their admissions office and explained the process in the TUCOM NV thread... check there to see how the process works....

Wow, you finished your applications really early! (I'm jealous). The only interview invite I have so far is to my state school, the only MD program I applied to. Still waiting for my primary to be verified for osteopathic schools. How long (on average) did it take for the schools you applied at to send you a secondary after receiving your primary?

I got my first secondary about two weeks after AACOMAS verified, from there on I received one or two secondaries a week.

I applied to seven MD schools, and 8 DO schools.

Anyone think it may be a good idea to send out a couple letters of intent to some schools before being offered an interview? I say this because there are a couple schools I REALLY want to go to but if I do get an interview I would think a letter is more effective post-interview and I don't want to hound them.

Opinions are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone think it may be a good idea to send out a couple letters of intent to some schools before being offered an interview? I say this because there are a couple schools I REALLY want to go to but if I do get an interview I would think a letter is more effective post-interview and I don't want to hound them.

This is a tough one IMO. You obviously only get one shot at a LoI. Most, as you said, send it post-interview. However, I think if you are genuinely concerned about being offered an interview, you should highly consider sending it before. However, the tone of your LoI would obviously change - you would be begging for an interview and then extrapolating on acceptance, rather than merely begging for acceptance.

Hey droog...personally I would wait. Allow the application process some time. I know you are getting excited and nervous already, but I really think that a letter of intent would be better served if delivered after an interview.

Hang in there!:thumbup:

You should wait. As my dean pointed out...you send letters of interest to the school prior to interview and letters of intent post interview. I would say....around November/December, it's time to send a letter to remind them you are still there and interested. If you still don't get an interview January and on, it's time to be persistent while being professional.

Thanks for the advice everyone and you guys are right. Shouldn't get too excited. then you start making bad decsions and not thinking things through.

Anyway, I was finally able to confirm my interview for LECOM-Bradenton today. For everyone else that is interviewing there on September 18th I'll see you then.

Thanks for the advice everyone and you guys are right. Shouldn't get too excited. then you start making bad decsions and not thinking things through.

Anyway, I was finally able to confirm my interview for LECOM-Bradenton today. For everyone else that is interviewing there on September 18th I'll see you then.

Yay - Good luck!

Can someone make a list of schools, date of interview invite, and date completed and we can just have that as the template to add on to?

Interview invite from NOVA two days ago.

- Scheduled for Aug. 25th
- Completed secondaries July 2nd

Interview invite from NOVA two days ago.

- Scheduled for Aug. 25th
- Completed secondaries July 2nd

I contacted NOVA today and asked what the status of interviews was and if they started sending out invites yet. She told me they haven't and "won't send out the first batch until late August". Either she was confused or someone there likes you very much!!!

Last edited:
droogdoc, i called up Nova and they said the same thing to me.

I finished my secondary on 6/28 for Nova and I haven't heard anything yet.

OOPS! I meant Touro Nevada. I don't know why I put NOVA. SORRY!

Still, how did you filled out secondary for Touro-NV? It's not available till later this month. :mad:.......;)

There has been a number of posts from people who have gotten interview invites BEFORE submitting their secondaries, as long as all other required materials are in. I know....it's weird.

There has been a number of posts from people who have gotten interview invites BEFORE submitting their secondaries, as long as all other required materials are in. I know....it's weird.

Yeah, actually I know some people who are getting interviews also. I'm just not sure how he (or she) completed the secondary for Touro-NV because it's not supposed to be available till the end of July.

Those who have received interview invites to Touro-NV have NOT filled out any secondary yet. The secondary application has still not been made available; however, they have started to give a few interview invitations before receiving the secondary.

Yeah Donbaclbelt you are right that we dont receive secondaries until July 20th or sooo....so how did that person completed the 2dary????
Anybody interviewing on august 24th??

Received phone call today from LECOM-Bradenton for interview,
interview invite from TOURO-Las Vegas and have not gotten 2ndary
interview invite from TOURO - NY for once complete.

Yeah Donbaclbelt you are right that we dont receive secondaries until July 20th or sooo....so how did that person completed the 2dary????
Anybody interviewing on august 24th??

I have an interview at TOURO-NV on August 25th and I have NOT received the secondary application from them yet.

Interview invite from Des Moines today, even though they sent me their secondary awhile ago and I still haven't filled it out :) They said I just need to complete it before my interview date.

Interview invite from Des Moines today, even though they sent me their secondary awhile ago and I still haven't filled it out :) They said I just need to complete it before my interview date.

congratulations! I thought TOURO NV was the only school offering interviews pre-secondary!

I have an interview at TOURO-NV on August 25th and I have NOT received the secondary application from them yet.

That's exactly what we're trying to say. How did VooDoo turned in his secondary if its not available yet.

Now even Des Moines is offering interviews pre-secondary?? Doesn anyone else know of anyone else who has been offered an interview here yet??

I received an invite yesterday for an interview from TCOM on 7/31.

Ok, now I see. DMU has sent notices to people who are far above their minimum requirements (GPA/MCAT) for a "fast track" group where they offer interviews to people before they have ANY supplementals in, including their secondary.

sigh....haven't heard anything yet

Ok, now I see. DMU has sent notices to people who are far above their minimum requirements (GPA/MCAT) for a "fast track" group where they offer interviews to people before they have ANY supplementals in, including their secondary.

sigh....haven't heard anything yet

Out of curiosity, do you know what the minimum GPA and MCAT are?

Out of curiosity, do you know what the minimum GPA and MCAT are?

They recommend a minimum Science and Overall GPA of 3.0. Don't know about the MCAt but their average MCAT from last year was a 27.

This may be a silly question, but what do people usually bring to their interview? For a job interview, you would bring a nice printed copy of your resume. Would you bring a few copies of a resume or CV and offer it to the interviewers? I don't know if that would make sense since they already have your information and some are open file or closed file. Any advice would help!!!

This may be a silly question, but what do people usually bring to their interview? For a job interview, you would bring a nice printed copy of your resume. Would you bring a few copies of a resume or CV and offer it to the interviewers? I don't know if that would make sense since they already have your information and some are open file or closed file. Any advice would help!!!

This is an easy one. From what my advisor has told me plus from things I have read on Interview Feedback nothing like a resume is needed. You do need to bring something to write on, case closed. It looks very bad to bring nothing to write on to an interview. Also print out a copy of your AACOMAS application, especially your personal statement. Anything else that you want to bring to ask the interviewers about is good to.

I would recommend a nice looking binder/portfolio or something too. This is the most important interview of your life anyway.

I too got an invite from TUCOM - NV pre-secondary.

Also got one from TUCOM - NY that looked like a pre-secondary invite

"We recently received your AACOMAS primary application. Upon the Admissions Committee’s preliminary review you have been selected and approved to proceed with the application process. I have attached the TouroCOM secondary application and technical standards. Please review the instructional page and return it to the Admissions Department. Once you have submitted all of the required documents you will receive an interview invitation via e-mail. "

I too got an invite from TUCOM - NV pre-secondary.

Also got one from TUCOM - NY that looked like a pre-secondary invite

"We recently received your AACOMAS primary application. Upon the Admissions Committee’s preliminary review you have been selected and approved to proceed with the application process. I have attached the TouroCOM secondary application and technical standards. Please review the instructional page and return it to the Admissions Department. Once you have submitted all of the required documents you will receive an interview invitation via e-mail. "

I just got an interview invite from TUCOM-NV. They said the secondary will be out July 31st. I am wondering if almost everyone gets an invite??

i got one too lol. why does touro interview everybody?

i got one too lol. why does touro interview everybody?

I've heard they do and some say they don't. It seems like they interview everyone that meets the cutoff. Still, that is an UNGODLY number of people. They should do like NYCOM and cut out the secondary application then. I don't see how they can handle so many interviews.

They probably get a lot of cancellations and people declining acceptances.