Interview at DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eschauberger

Some Guy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have my first osteopathic school interview at Des Moines Univ after christmas break. Any one have any advice? What type of stuff do they want to know about? Behavioral based questions? I plan on read more about osteopathy over break for fun, so maybe hopefully I should be able to answer any of those questions.
-Eric

Members don't see this ad.

Just relax, it is a really kick back interview. Just know why DO and be able to anwser an ethical question or two.

DMU is probably the most fun interview I've had so far. (I know that kind of sounds like an oxymoron...) But, the admissions staff is really nice & they take goofy pictures of your interview group and stuff. The actual interview is pretty laid back. Just know you're self & they may shoot an ethical question at you. (I had "A minor is brought in to your ER with severe injuries and needing a blood transfusion. The parents refuse that due to religious beliefs. What do you do?") Just stand your ground on whatever you say. :)

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
agh! i just tried to go on interviewfeedback cause i have my interview thursday and its not working!!

The purpose of the ethical questions they ask you is to see how you articulate yourself, not which position you take. Don't try and say what you think they want you to say. Make a decision and make a good argument. They won't reject you solely on what you said, they care about how you said it. Like everyone said, be yourself, they can tell if you arn't.

Also, when they ask you, "Why DO." Don't go and bash MD. There are a bunch of MD's on staff that do the interviews that just love it when someone bashes their degree. That approch won't help you. Just say you prefer the ______ and the _____ that DO's do.

Oops - I didn't mean to sound like they're looking for a particular position on a given topic. I simply meant that one of the things they're measuring is your ability to make a decision and stand by it, or are you going to be easily swayed to another stance. Sorry for any confusion. :)

I was not confused.:D