Insurance abuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Lund waived a formal reading of the indictment and pleaded not guilty to the charges before him. Lund was issued a $10,000 bond on the condition that he give up his passport and avoid breaking any laws."

Better cash in on that Hawaii trip!

Members don't see this ad.

Oxford podiatrist arrested, charged in connection with a $3.8M healthcare fraud scheme

Don’t worry OP, looks like the Feds were watching your boss all along… 🤣
1658670337051.png

Members don't see this ad :)
This won’t be the last one. Former classmates of mine out in practice do this.

Reactions: 1 users
This won’t be the last one. Former classmates of mine out in practice do this.
I am sure it will not be the last, many factors at play

Are they in a company with other doctors where payments (kickbacks) go to that company first and are then distributed to all the doctors from this and hardware, lab tests etc

Do they own the pharmacy and make sure not to violate stark laws etc

Do they do it with private insurance only or also Medicare

How often do they do it and do your notes justify it and support it

Some state boards are easier on this than others and probably have some board members doing it themselves. You might be given a warning, "black mark" on your license in many states, but in some states you could really lose your license for this

So many factors, but it still remains the Pigs usually get fat, and the Hogs usually get slaughtered

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think this thread shows some of the dangers of being a "consultant". Most hardware companies are incredibly sensitive to this sort of thing as they do not want to get wrapped up in any scam or fraudulent activities.

But as the "quality" of the treatment modality or product decreases the higher the likelihood of some kind of kick back or fraudulent billing practice will occur.

Never listen to a rep. They are all full of crap. Every single one. Their motivation is the sale. Nothing more. Always do your due diligence and ask questions and then make your own decisions. The only person who goes down in flames is the doctor. You can't blame anyone else because you are supposed to know better than anyone.

Reactions: 8 users
Holy…how does this even happen? Just never thinking they are gonna get caught with today’s technology? They don’t imagine this is gonna be tracked and flagged? I just don’t get the mindset…

We can barely get away with trimming toenails… then do this???
Greed is a drug for some people.

I feel some podiatrists who have limited streams of making money (because they suck at surgery) would be more inclined to get involved in these kick back scams.

I also feel podiatrists are great targets because in general they are rather dumb. This treatment modality doesn't even make sense. The fact they would go for it and put these poor patients through these ridiculous treatments and pocket hundred of thousands or even millions of dollars is disgusting. Not only should they face jail time but they should have their license permanently revoked.

Let this guy get destroyed in jail and when he re-emerges he can only work at McDonald's. That would be just

Greed is a drug for some people.

I feel some podiatrists who have limited streams of making money (because they suck at surgery) would be more inclined to get involved in these kick back scams.

I also feel podiatrists are great targets because in general they are rather dumb. This treatment modality doesn't even make sense. The fact they would go for it and put these poor patients through these ridiculous treatments and pocket hundred of thousands or even millions of dollars is disgusting. Not only should they face jail time but they should have their license permanently revoked.

Let this guy get destroyed in jail and when he re-emerges he can only work at McDonald's. That would be just
I hope he doesn’t drop his nippers in the shower or someone may stick a dremel up there