Increase odds for Mac Med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ONstudentPT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am doing my Masters in Physiotherapy at Mac. The Mac PT program is also a PBL program so it is very similar to the Mac Med school program in terms of learning style. Will the fact that I am doing PT at Mac and it is also PBL increase my odds of getting accepted to med school specifically at McMaster? Any input would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ONstudentPT said:
Hello,

I am doing my Masters in Physiotherapy at Mac. The Mac PT program is also a PBL program so it is very similar to the Mac Med school program in terms of learning style. Will the fact that I am doing PT at Mac and it is also PBL increase my odds of getting accepted to med school specifically at McMaster? Any input would be really appreciated!

Thanks

hmm who knows .. it may help a BIT
but i'm sure most people had experience working in groups anyway

i'm in a PBL type program too now, pharmacology
all the pharmacology classes are PBL
i mentioned I did PBL before at my interview for that program and it may have helped me get in, who knows

ONstudentPT said:
Hello,

Thanks

Best way to increaese your odds are to have a higher GPA for undergraduate applicants. I pretty sure MAC takes account your graduate degree (so you have a lower undergradute GPA requirement). But where you do your masters does not matter....all masters have a PBL learning style anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
sonyvaio2700 said:
Best way to increaese your odds are to have a higher GPA for undergraduate applicants. I pretty sure MAC takes account your graduate degree (so you have a lower undergradute GPA requirement). But where you do your masters does not matter....all masters have a PBL learning style anyways.

Well I think even if all masters have some PBL aspect to it the Physio program at Mac is almost identicle to Macs med PBL. So thats why I was wondering if anyone who is at Mac med right now would have any idea if it would be an advantage. I did hear that Mac favoured its Health Sci students somewhat although this not actually admitted by Mac but I heard rumours seen some evidence of it.

ONstudentPT said:
Well I think even if all masters have some PBL aspect to it the Physio program at Mac is almost identicle to Macs med PBL. So thats why I was wondering if anyone who is at Mac med right now would have any idea if it would be an advantage. I did hear that Mac favoured its Health Sci students somewhat although this not actually admitted by Mac but I heard rumours seen some evidence of it.

what makes it identical? is a link you can give me that describes the program...sounds interesting..