Immediate Job Available Chicago IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somedumbDO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Full time position employed position. Good work life balance w a cohesive group. Malpractice, retirement and health included. New grads welcome. 1099 vs w2 negotiable. Back up call required but very little call back. No in house call. Possible J1 visa for the right candidate. Regional, leader ship skills a plus.
please submit CV: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pay range? Supervision? Case mix? Call frequency? Vacation?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
7 weeks vacay, health, malpractice included. Back up call only rare call in, no ob. Around 40-45 hrs per week. Pay mid 300’s Email if interested

Look on gaswork right now. I cant see a single job over 410. I don't know where mgma gets data from. I've seen jobs full time for less than 300. Chicago is trash
MGMA gets data from physicians who are working.
A price listed on gasworks is irrelevant. It’s placed by potential employers looking to low ball you ( hence why they’re listed on there in the first place ). Even MGMA tends to skew lower since the highly paid anesthesiologists don’t want to disclose their compensation information. But yes, Chicago is trash.

Reactions: 5 users
Important to look at the worth of the whole package, not just the salary. That’s the mistake a lot of new grads make leading them to sign with some AMC that dangles a bigger number but with crap for benefits/retirement/PTO.

Does the mgma number include the whole package or just salary?
that's the $350k question.

while telling if there is an additional benefits package on top of that 350k salary then it isn't terrible for a home call job with a 40-45 hr work week.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And there’s a lot of miss information on job ads on gasworks. This is a W-2 gig with a salary of mid threes higher if someone wants to do some more administrative work. Total package you have to calculate payroll tax, high end health insurance w low deductible , malpractice insurance, and retirement. All working 40 to 45 hours a week. With no in-house call. Total package this is well into the mid 400 range. Listen I agree there’s tons of ads on gasworks that say 400 even for 450. But these are from AMCs they’re going to make you work at least 60 to 70 hours a week. Take in house calls. And are totally disorganized and essentially war zones in the middle of Chicago. All ready hired one doc looking for the last one. If interested plz email [email protected]

This may be a decent job, I don’t know, but there is wording here that annoys me.

When an employer uses the phrase “total package” in an ad, it is almost a guarantee that the employer is underpaying. It’s smoke and mirrors because it is standard for all employers to pay payroll tax, health insurance, and malpractice. The employer is not doing you any favors by paying those things. It is simply a business expense in order for the employer to hire staff and make money off you.

The takeaway: If you are looking at an employed position, ignore any references to “total package” and pay attention to the income:workload ratio. Income can be salary, retirement contributions, and ability to earn extra if wanted. Everything else is details that likely shouldn’t sway job decisions.

Reactions: 8 users
And there’s a lot of miss information on job ads on gasworks. This is a W-2 gig with a salary of mid threes higher if someone wants to do some more administrative work. Total package you have to calculate payroll tax, high end health insurance w low deductible , malpractice insurance, and retirement. All working 40 to 45 hours a week. With no in-house call. Total package this is well into the mid 400 range. Listen I agree there’s tons of ads on gasworks that say 400 even for 450. But these are from AMCs they’re going to make you work at least 60 to 70 hours a week. Take in house calls. And are totally disorganized and essentially war zones in the middle of Chicago. All ready hired one doc looking for the last one. If interested plz email [email protected]

Seems like you were sort of here before, looking for a new gig recently.
You know how it is.... most of us are very skeptical about anything posted here. Even though some of us spent more time here than others.

350 for 45 hrs isn’t great, probably isn’t horrible. Most mommy track, no calls probably low 300s, with your total package calculation is probably worth high 300s. I guess that’s the premium you pay for living around a big city.

Seems like you were sort of here before, looking for a new gig recently.
You know how it is.... most of us are very skeptical about anything posted here. Even though some of us spent more time here than others.

350 for 45 hrs isn’t great, probably isn’t horrible. Most mommy track, no calls probably low 300s, with your total package calculation is probably worth high 300s. I guess that’s the premium you pay for living around a big city.
Never was looking for a new gig, I started my own group 2 years ago from the ground up and its been exciting and fun. I am 100% glad i left my old partnership. This is a great gig with a stable long term contract. Anyone seriously interested, can chat with any doc/crnas. Chicago is a different market.

Reactions: 1 users
Never was looking for a new gig, I started my own group 2 years ago from the ground up and its been exciting and fun. I am 100% glad i left my old partnership. This is a great gig with a stable long term contract. Anyone seriously interested, can chat with any doc/crnas. Chicago is a different market.
Different market how? Congratulations on starting your own group. Did you move to Chicago to start it or were you already there?
Tell us more please about your journey.

Last edited:
According to medscape, the average anesthesia salary is now 375k. I tend to believe that number more than mgma

According to medscape, the average anesthesia salary is now 375k. I tend to believe that number more than mgma

No mgma is significantly higher. That's under the 10th percentile for mgma last time I checked
MGMA tend to have more robust data and greater number of survey responses. Go with MGMA

Reactions: 1 users