I’m thinking about joining medical school. Is it worth it?

DreamToBeADoctor

Reaction score
Hey there. So I’m thinking about joining medical school but I’m thinking if it’s worth it or not. So at first I really wanted to become a doctor but looking into it I’m having second thoughts.

1. Have to have a high GPA during undergrad
2. Have to do really good on MCAT
3. Have to do good in medical school (which I heard is hard)
4. Have to do REALLY REALLY GOOD on USMLE (which I hard is REALLY difficult) if you want to go into a profession you want if it’s competitive... and you can only take it once so you have to do good...

That’s the main stuff. I really really want to be a dermatologist or some type of doctor but I’m not sure if I can handle all that work. I’m just in high school so if I work hard I might be able to do it but after all I’m in sports, play guitar, and have a social life. I might be able to cut most of the social life and only guitar on weekends and maybe focus on just running as a sport (cross country and track). Any one can tell me from experience how hard it all really is to be a doctor? What’s the chances me becoming a doctor or anyone? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

“Join medical school”? This isn’t the Air Force, buddy.

Reactions: 1 user
"join"

LOL be luck if they even interview you

Members don't see this ad :)
It's going to be a lot of work lol. If you don't like a lot of work then you are going to need to find another profession.

Hey there. So I’m thinking about joining medical school but I’m thinking if it’s worth it or not. So at first I really wanted to become a doctor but looking into it I’m having second thoughts.

1. Have to have a high GPA during undergrad
2. Have to do really good on MCAT
3. Have to do good in medical school (which I heard is hard)
4. Have to do REALLY REALLY GOOD on USMLE (which I hard is REALLY difficult) if you want to go into a profession you want if it’s competitive... and you can only take it once so you have to do good...

That’s the main stuff. I really really want to be a dermatologist or some type of doctor but I’m not sure if I can handle all that work. I’m just in high school so if I work hard I might be able to do it but after all I’m in sports, play guitar, and have a social life. I might be able to cut most of the social life and only guitar on weekends and maybe focus on just running as a sport (cross country and track). Any one can tell me from experience how hard it all really is to be a doctor? What’s the chances me becoming a doctor or anyone? Thanks.
Read these forums widely and learn about what others have done to become competitive for med school. You might be especially interested in the What are my chances forum.

“I really really want to be a dermatologist “

Maybe OP has done a bit of research lol

Reactions: 1 user