Thinking of colleges?

Froot4Lyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I am currently a junior, and at my school we are starting to compile a list of colleges we are thinking about going to. Throughout my junior year, I want to fully research specific schools that I am interested in. So far, the specific schools that I'm looking at are Drexel University, Lehigh University, and Carnegie Mellon. I just want to ask if any of you have specific opinions on these schools on how they are with pre-med. I also want to ask if there's any other schools that you guys would recommend for undergraduate that's in PA? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My cousin is currently in the 7 year bs/md through drexel, which doesn't exist anymore. Since drexel does have one of those programs, I'm assuming that its a decent pre-med school

My friends enjoyed their time at Penn State, but not sure if that is a place you will be looking into later on. As long as the school has a decent pre-medical committee, then its really on you as the student to get everything going for your resume. If you are a proactive student, then you will do well at any reputable university. Be sure to stick around SDN!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'm really late with this reply, but thank you guys for your inputs. Penn State seems like a really good school to research about, so thank you for the suggestion!

Penn is by far the best school in PA and churns out a lot of successful pre-meds. Lehigh and Carnegie Mellon are outstanding. Other schools worth considering in PA include Bucknell, Gettysburg, and Lafayette.

Go to the school where you’ll be happiest and that provides you with ample opportunities.

I went to a school with a lower concentration of premeds and had every opportunity I could want at my fingertips easily. For example, I know people who go to schools with many more premeds and research positions are highly coveted spots, I was able to begin “research” (I was a lab assistant then transitioned into a research assistant) from the very first week of freshman year and graduated 3.5 years later with 2 pubs and an honors thesis. Not to mention great volunteering, shadowing, and leadership positions available.

So in my opinion making sure there’s ample opportunities that people aren’t fighting tooth and nail over to me was huge.

Reactions: 1 users