IM interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:thumbup:

baystate medical center/tufts today (10/28).

Members don't see this ad.

New as of today:
U of Vermont

Already Posted:
Brown
Dartmouth
Yale-Bridgeport
U of Maryland
VCU/MCV
Duke
UVa
Wake Forest
MUSC
Colorado

Awaiting: JHU, UNC

Best of Luck to All!!!

Vermont (new today)
UVa
Rochester
Brown
Dartmouth
Wash U
GW
Utah
Mayo Rochester
Vanderbilt
Mt. Auburn
Cambridge

How long, on average, do programs take to reply to us once they have the MSPE? One week? One month? I know they can call as late as Jan., but I'm just wondering about the average.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is UCSD sending e-mail or letter?

Got UCSD on Friday as well.
Now it's on to the final stretch. Just a wait and see game once the Dean's Letters are out.

Good luck, everyone!

Got Cornell yesterday (and stonybrook last sunday).
Step 2 yesterday: DONE! :D

Brown
Mayo
Mt. Sinai
Montefiore
Jacobi
LIJ
Northshore
Winthrop

Does anyone know if most programs inform you if you aren't going to get an interview offer. I applied to several programs, recieved almost an interview a day the first part of this month right after I submitted my App, but haven't heard anything from about 10-15 programs (Applied to 25) and nothing for about two weeks.
David

I'm hoping the rest of them are just waiting around for the MSPE.... :sleep:

dkwyler94 said:
Does anyone know if most programs inform you if you aren't going to get an interview offer. I applied to several programs, recieved almost an interview a day the first part of this month right after I submitted my App, but haven't heard anything from about 10-15 programs (Applied to 25) and nothing for about two weeks.
David

Anybody hearing anything from programs on this loveliest of November firsts? Have all your programs downloaded the dean's letter yet? I've noticed that some haven't yet.

Still waiting...

New as of today:
UNC - Go Heels!!

Already Posted:
Brown
University of Vermont
Dartmouth
Yale-Bridgeport
U of Maryland
VCU/MCV
Duke
UVa
Wake Forest
MUSC
Colorado

Awaiting: JHU, Yale-New Haven

Best of Luck to All!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got UNC today as well (thank goodness - it's my #1 at this stage)
so all of my interviews are scheduled -- big relief!

UNC
UVA
Vandy
UAB
Carolinas
Duke
Wake Forest
MUSC (although may cancel)
VCU/MCV (not going to schedule)
Emory (not going to schedule)

Alrighty, I guess with all my interviews in, this'll be my last posting on this thread!

Happy Dean's Letter Day. Just heard from Yale.

Interviews so far:
Emory
CWRU
Michigan
Duke
Northwestern
University of Chicago
Yale

Got Rochester today, cool!

List of interviews so far:
Albany
Dartmouth
Brown
NYMC-Westchester Medical Center
NYMC-St. Vincent's Medical Center of NY
UMDNJ-RWJ
GWU
Rochester

Have not scheduled last 3, but will do so by Wednesday.

Got UNC and Stanford today. I think it's time to start trimming down my list:

Emery, CWRU, CCF, UTSW, UVA, Duke, Vandy, Michigan, OSU, Dartmouth, Wash U, Mayo

Awaiting: JHU, Brigham, Mas Gen, Cornell, Yale, Penn, UCSF

How many interviews is everybody going on? I was gonna shoot for ~10 maybe less.

Got Barnes-Jewish today

Got UCSF today.

so far:
ucsf
brown
cornell
mount sinai

awaiting:
mgh
brigham
cloumbia
hopkins
upenn
duke
stanford

Art Vandelay said:
Got UNC and Stanford today. I think it's time to start trimming down my list:

Emery, CWRU, CCF, UTSW, UVA, Duke, Vandy, Michigan, OSU, Dartmouth, Wash U, Mayo

Awaiting: JHU, Brigham, Mas Gen, Cornell, Yale, Penn, UCSF

How many interviews is everybody going on? I was gonna shoot for ~10 maybe less.

Hi Art,

Did Stanford download your MSPE yet? They haven't even downloaded mine! :confused: :confused:

UNC-Chapel Hill yesterday via email

UMass yesterday via email.

Vermont (UVM) via e-mail this AM.

New Interviews:
UNC
Harbor-UCLA

Old Interviews:

University of Michigan
Northwestern
UT Southwestern
UCSF/Fresno
UC Irvine
Scripps La Jolla
University of Chicago
U. of Alabama
Mayo-Rochester
U. of Wisconsin
Emory

BU today... yippee!

UConn via email today.

Previously posted:
Albert Einstein-Montefiore
Thomas Jefferson
Case Western-University Hospitals
Dartmouth
Albany
Lahey Clinic
Lenox Hill
Long Island Jewish
Drexel
Temple
North Shore
SUNY Downstate-Brooklyn
Winthrop
SUNY Stonybrook
UMass
[/I]

woo hoo, got BU today! :D Sent them my top 3 choices for interview dates a few minutes ago, hope I hear soon so I can start making some decisions on scheduling other interviews (GWU, Rochester, UVM, RWJ). good luck to all, ireland.

Got Wash U today.

futurecardsman said:
New Interviews:
UNC
Harbor-UCLA

Old Interviews:

University of Michigan
Northwestern
UT Southwestern
UCSF/Fresno
UC Irvine
Scripps La Jolla
University of Chicago
U. of Alabama
Mayo-Rochester
U. of Wisconsin
Emory

Mayo-Rochester
Yale

Yihaaaa! :D

ECU, VCU, MUSC, U of AK, UAB, Wake, Duke so far (in that order too). Got rejected from UNC today. Still waiting on Vandy, JHU (like I'll really get in...haha), Emory, U of FL at Gainesville, UVA. I also got an interview from John Hopkins Bayview, but I had applied to that thinking it was the same as JHU.

University of Maryland today. Funny how they didn't care for my med school application (WL'ed) while I was an in-state resident with good stats (and I worked there too), and now that I'm in the bottom half of my class and trained out-of-state they want to interview me. Well, all being a smart @$$ aside, it is a great program and I will probably go.
Also received an information packet in the mail from Maine Medical Center saying I would hear from them in the next few weeks "about interviews." I don't know what that means, but it looks like a nice program in a pretty location.
Anyone heard from Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston yet?

To those of you that got interviews at Yale, NYU, UPenn, JHU do you mind me asking what kind of stats/candidate you are. i got interviews at a bunch of places including Cornell, Georgetown, Mt. Sinai, but not NYU or Yale. hopefully, they just started giving out interviews. what do you think?
i'm AOA, 235+, good medical school, publications, almost all honors in my 3rd and 4th year

thanks and good luck

i think you should relax. it is only nov 4th so of course they are just starting to give out interviews. there are so many factors in deciding who to give interviews and i would just sit back and wait. you'll get what you deserve.
April04 said:
To those of you that got interviews at Yale, NYU, UPenn, JHU do you mind me asking what kind of stats/candidate you are. i got interviews at a bunch of places including Cornell, Georgetown, Mt. Sinai, but not NYU or Yale. hopefully, they just started giving out interviews. what do you think?
i'm AOA, 235+, good medical school, publications, almost all honors in my 3rd and 4th year

thanks and good luck

Just got e-mail from BWH. yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

just got Colorado and BU

my new list:

UT-Southwestern
Vanderbilt
Tulane
Montefiore
Beth Israel NY
Maryland
USC
BU
Colorado :D

Lahey Clinic via snail mail today:), first one from one of my school's affiliates. Here are mine in order of receipt:
Albany (may cancel)
Dartmouth
Brown
NYMC-Westchester (may cancel)
NYMC-Saint Vincent's Manhattan
UMDNJ-RWJ (will not schedule, no offense, but suburban NJ just isn't my thing)
GWU
Rochester
UVM
BUMC
Maryland
Lahey Clinic

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have let some of the fearmongers on SDN (no one on this thread, really) get to me so that I ended up applying to 25 places; this interview scheduling is starting to get a bit overwhelming as I can only do 2 (1 will be Baystate if they choose to interview me since I'm out there anyway for the month of Jan.) in January. Plus, still waiting for 1 part of my file to be complete (grr..) and still particularly hoping to hear from BIDMC, UMass, Maine Med, and Baystate. Can you tell I like New England?:D

Add Upenn

So far:
Cornell
UCSF
Upenn
Brown
BU
Sinai

Waiting on:
Hopkins
Stanford
MGH
BWH
Columbia

irlandesa said:
Lahey Clinic via snail mail today:), first one from one of my school's affiliates. Here are mine in order of receipt:
NYMC-Westchester (may cancel)
NYMC-Saint Vincent's Manhattan
Maryland
Lahey Clinic

still particularly hoping to hear from BIDMC, UMass, Maine Med, and Baystate. Can you tell I like New England?:D

I'll trade you my baystate for st. vincent's--baystate actually sent me a snail mail, personal letter referring to some things in my personal statement. i'm probably not as competitive as you are considering med. school status, barely passing board scores, so i don't really understand the invitation. i've been waiting for st. vincent's, lenox hill, st. luke's, lij, north shore, stony brook, winthrop; but still no word after dean's letter.

U Penn today

Add Hopkins

So far:
Hopkins
Cornell
UCSF
Upenn
Brown
BU
Sinai

Waiting on:
Stanford
MGH
BWH
Columbia

I got interviews at a couple of places you listed (NYU & Penn). To answer your question, I am senior AOA, go to a SUNY, >230, have a few pubs & abstracts/presentations, and other activities. Sounds pretty much like yourself (but you go to a higher ranked school it seems). When did you get your app in? I submitted eras 9/15. It seems like the "upper tier" places only started sending invites a short while ago. I'm waiting to hear from a few other places & I'm hoping that w/i 2 weeks things will start moving ...
best of luck! :D

April04 said:

thanks and good luck