IM "interviews offered" thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No new interviews, but might as well update to the new format to give me something to do.

So far:
Columbia
Duke
UCSF
Wash U
UCLA
UMaryland

Waiting on (of places that have sent invites pre-MSPE):
Yale
UWashington

Members don't see this ad.

So far have heard from:
UW
Virginia Mason
OHSU
UCSD
Michigan
Chicago
Wisconsin
Wash U
Pittsburgh
Tufts
Colorado

Waiting to hear from (that has offered invites already):
UCSF

New: UCSD

Old:
UCLA, Kaiser-Oakland, Rush, U of C, U of Michigan, Washington University, Emory, UVA, Yale, Columbia

Members don't see this ad :)
Old Invites: UCLA, Albert Einstein (Montefiore), Mount Sinai, Northwestern, Emory, UCI, USC, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Oliveview

New Invites: UCSD & Cal-Pacific

I know this is a hard question to answer for those of us applying, but maybe somebody who is a current resident can answer. I've applied to some programs that some people have been getting interviews at (columbia, ucsd, uchicago, etc) and was wondering if these "top tier" programs wait to send out the majority of their interviews after the mspe, before the mspe, or just a continual process?

New: UCLA Olive View, California Pacific, Huntington Memorial, Kern Medical Center

Old: USC, Loma Linda, UCSF-Fresno

I've been waiting to post until my hubby got his intvites. I'm in a couples match (with my husband doing radiology) so I had to apply everywhere

New:USF, Mt. Sinai Miami, Mayo Jacksonville
Old: University of Florida Jacksonville, University of Tenesse, EVMS, Medical College of Georgia, Memorial Savannah, Beth Isreal NY, Winthrop, Stoneybrook, Westchester, UMDNJ Camden, UMDNJ Newark, Maimonides, St. Lukes Rosevelt, Naussa Medical College.

However my hubby on has interviews at UT, University of Florida Jacksonville, Naussa Medical College, UMDNJ Camden, EVMS, and Memorial Savannah, so its like I only really have those.

have any of u that have heard from Ucsf ucla or ucsd NOT from ca?

I'm heard from UCSF and UCLA coming from the east coast...seems like it would make more sense to offer ppl from further away interviews first, since that way they'd have more flexibility in scheduling travel...though I have no idea what dictates the order that these places offer invites...

have any of u that have heard from Ucsf ucla or ucsd NOT from ca?

Old:
University of Colorado
Rush
UIC
Georgetown
Tufts
Emory
NYU
UCI
Duke

New:
UC-Davis

When do we get the "thanks, but no thanks" notifications from programs?:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
ucolorado
duke
uab
vandy

waiting for ucsf and ucsd, coming from east coast, and of course the progs that seem to wait on the mspe.

i don't know if any house staff/program directors are lurking on this thread, but now that mspe's are "downloaded, but not viewable" (per eras), does that mean they are going to start offering interviews on nov. 1st or more likely in the week or so after nov. 1st. (honestly it seems pretty silly to wait mspe, everything (and more) that is in the dean's letter is in the rest of my application besides the comments from rotations (many of which are in my chair's letter), but i guess it is all in one place...)

Old Invites:
Tufts
Mount Sinai (NY)
Drexel
U of Maryland
GWU
UCLA

Waiting for Columbia, NYU, UCSF.

I am a california applicant and am still waiting to hear from the big california programs. Iv
e got UCI, Olive View, and Harbor, but still waiting for UCLA, UCSD, UCSF, Stanford.

anyone in same predicament? I have heard california schools tend to be very slow. i am hoping for some action pending MSPE release....

My List:

Columbia
Duke
Northwestern
Uchicago
UIC
UMich
UT Houston
UT San Antonio
Scripps Green
Loma Linda
UCI
UCLA-Harbor
UCLA-Olive View

Im in California as well. Heard from UCSD and UCSF this week. I submitted my application 9/22 with 3/4 LOR in by 10/2. My last LOR was in this week so Im not sure if UCSF wait until everything but the MSPE is in. Good luck

Invites So Far:
UAB, Emory, Duke, Vandy, UTSW, Colorado, UF, UCSD

Waiting On: UNC, Hopkins, MGH, BWH, Stanford, UW (Seattle)

Happy worrying! :laugh:

i'm not from cali but i've heard from ucsd and ucla. still waiting on ucsf and stanford.

I liked the old format ... but here is the new one.

Wish I had heard from Duke b/c it looks like they have given out interviews and would likely have been one of our top choices b/c of location.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully good things will happen once Deans letters go out.

Heard from:

Texas Tech - Lubbock, Baylor College of Medicine, UT San Antonio, University of Colorado, Univ of Alabama, Texas A&M/Scott & White, University of Texas - Southwestern, Mayo Clinic - Rochester, University of Cincinnati, Washington University - St. Louis, University of Michigan, Vanderbilt, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, University of Virginia, University of Texas - Houston
EVMS, University of Louisville, University of South Florida

Waiting on:

University of Connecticut Program, Yale-New Haven Medical Center, Northwestern/McGaw/NMH/VA-IL, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program, Brigham and Women's Hospital Program, Massachusetts General Hospital Program, Johns Hopkins University Bayview Medical Center Program,
Johns Hopkins University Program, Duke, University of North Carolina Hospitals Program, Brown University Program

Has everyone gotten all of their LoR's uploaded onto ERAS? My school's medicine dept. chairman has yet to submit his letter which, to the best of my knowledge, is a requirement for IM residency programs. I have three other letters in from other docs. Anyone know if some schools won't hand out interviews until that letter is in?

Received and scheduled: Pitt, UVA, Duke, Emory, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Carolinas, East Carolina

Received but declined: Univ of Colorado

Waiting on: Brigham, MGH, Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Penn, UNC, Brown

Out of curiosity, for those who have heard from Yale or UWashington already, were there special circumstances involved (i.e. home institution, did a visiting rotation there, or coming from top 5-10 ranked med school)?

my classmates are stalking me on sdn, you know who you are.

So...it's now been 18 days since I've heard from any schools. I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm having a hard time keeping the doubts at bay. Currently I have interviews at: Mayo-Rochester, Wash U, Minnesota, and Albert Einstein/Montefiore.

From schools giving invites pre-MSPE, I'm waiting on Columbia, NYU, Colorado, Michigan, U of Chicago, Northwestern, UCLA, UCDavis, UNC, Yale, and U of Washington. Perhaps I wasn't being realistic, but I hoped I would hear from at least one of these by now. I'm from a mid/lower-mid tier school in the midwest, 238/99 Step 1, AOA, honored medicine and a sub-I at a top 10 school on the east coast, research but no publications. Is it my step 1 score that's hurting me, or perhaps the lack of a big name med school or publications? Any input would be appreciated!

relax no need to worry!!! ur gonna get nice offers. Just hang in there!! im pretty similar to ur stats but w/o externships

list: CU, UCLA, UCSF, UW, Colorado

Um yes, definitely the step 1 score must be it. a horrible score like 99 -- might as well just give up now

Old:
University of Colorado
Rush
UIC
Georgetown
Tufts
Emory
NYU
UCI
Duke
UC-Davis

New:
Brown

Evidently venting on SDN is therapeutic. The streak of 18 days is snapped. Adding Brown to the list also.

For those that have heard from UChicago, were those all for categorical? Any prelim invites yet? Thanks.

This is for you dreamfox :)!

Old Invites:
UCSF
Duke
Colorado
Oregon
Wash U
Vandy
Michigan
Northwestern
Chicago

New Invites:
Brown

New: Brown

Old: NYU, Montefiore-Einstein, Tufts, Jefferson, GW, Georgetown, UVA, UMD, USC, UCLA-Harbor, UCSF-Fresno

Heard from:

Texas Tech - Lubbock
Baylor College of Medicine
UT San Antonio
University of Colorado
Univ of Alabama
Texas A&M/Scott & White
University of Texas - Southwestern
Mayo Clinic - Rochester
University of Cincinnati
Washington University - St. Louis
University of Michigan
Vanderbilt
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
University of Virginia
University of Texas - Houston
EVMS
University of Louisville
University of South Florida

New:
Brown

Waiting on:

University of Connecticut Program
Yale-New Haven Medical Center
Northwestern/McGaw/NMH/VA-IL
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Brigham and Women's Hospital Program
Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Johns Hopkins University Bayview Medical Center Program
Johns Hopkins University Program
Duke
University of North Carolina Hospitals Program

Offered and scheduled: U Wash, OHSU, Virginia Mason, Colorado, Mayo-Roch, HCMC, Wisconsin, Vanderbilt, Vermont, Dartmouth

Offered but declined: Minnesota, Michigan, Utah

Waiting on: UCSF, Stanford, BID, BWH

Heard from: Brown, Rochester, Case, Cleveland Clinic, Maryland, Albany med, Mayo Roch, University of Rochester, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth.

Waiting on: Many others.

Last edited:
with regards to UW, I havent rotated there and attend a mid-tier (top 50) program but got an interview. Im guessing the person reviewing my file felt great and wanted to be nice that day ;)

Invites So Far:
UAB, Emory, Duke, Vandy, UTSW, Colorado, UF, UCSD

Waiting On: UNC, Hopkins, MGH, BWH, Stanford, UW (Seattle)

Happy worrying! :laugh:

Heard from UW today. From the east coast, no away rotation. :p

Huh, I guess they don't do it all in one big orgasmic burst of invites like other places. Will just bide my time then.

Heard from UW today. From the east coast, no away rotation. :p

DUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! :D

Heard from:

Texas Tech - Lubbock
Baylor College of Medicine
UT San Antonio
University of Colorado
Univ of Alabama
Texas A&M/Scott & White
University of Texas - Southwestern
Mayo Clinic - Rochester
University of Cincinnati
Washington University - St. Louis
University of Michigan
Vanderbilt
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
University of Virginia
University of Texas - Houston
Brown
EVMS
University of Louisville
University of South Florida

New:
Duke

Waiting on:

University of Connecticut Program
Yale-New Haven Medical Center
Northwestern/McGaw/NMH/VA-IL
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Brigham and Women's Hospital Program
Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Johns Hopkins University Bayview Medical Center Program
Johns Hopkins University Program
University of North Carolina Hospitals Program

I called UW today. They said they are doing most of the reviewing the first 2 weeks of november.

well whaddya know.

So far:
UWashington
Columbia
Duke
UCSF
Wash U
UCLA
UMaryland

Waiting on (of places that have sent invites pre-MSPE):
Yale

I got an invite from Yale today - Primary care track.

Does anyone know if I got the invite for PC track, will I also get one for the Traditional track? Or how does that work...if you apply for both, can you get both or do they just give you one or the other?

I got an invite from Yale today - Primary care track.

Does anyone know if I got the invite for PC track, will I also get one for the Traditional track? Or how does that work...if you apply for both, can you get both or do they just give you one or the other?

I'm not applying in medicine, but my friend got her invite to Yale's PC track on Monday and her invite to the Categorical track on Wednesday. Hope that helps.

i guess it's time to stop being old school and switch to the new format.

Old:
UWashington
UWisconsin
Duke
Vanderbilt
Emory
UTSW
University of Pittsburg Medical Center
U Michigan
U Colorado
Baylor College of Medicine (Houston)

New:
Johns Hopkins Hospital (home institution - everybody gets interviewed)

Waiting on:
UCSF
UCSD
UCLA
OHSU
UNC
U Chicago
MGH
B&W
UPenn

Old:
UWashington
UWisconsin
Duke
Vanderbilt
Emory
UTSW
University of Pittsburg Medical Center
U Michigan
U Colorado
Baylor College of Medicine (Houston)
Johns Hopkins Hospital (home institution - everybody gets interviewed)

New:
UNC

Waiting on:
UCSF
UCSD
UCLA
OHSU
U Chicago
MGH
B&W
UPenn

Old: Pitt, UVA, Duke, Emory, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Carolinas, East Carolina, Univ of Colorado, Brown

New: UNC

Waiting on: Brigham, MGH, BDI, Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Penn

Old:
Baylor, UTSW, Duke, WashU, University Washington, Michigan, Mayo-Rochester, Emory, UCLA, USC, UC Irvine, Mt. Sinai, UCLA-Harbor, UCLA-Olive View, Santa Clara Valley, UPitt, Kaiser SF, Kaiser Santa Clara, California Pacific, AECOM-Montefiore

New:
UNC