if you think the mcat is hard...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOOYAH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
try taking step 1.

a warning.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you elaborate? Might be good info. Did you get just get done with USMLE step 1?

A distinction I see right now - if your goal is just to be a doctor, you have to do extremely well on the MCAT, while you just have to pass USMLE to license.

it's really a never ending test cycle. you think at first you just have to pass, but then you realize that doing well on step 1 gives you more opportunities (specialty choice, place to live, etc...)

It never ends, that's why everytime I get all wigged out about this I'm always like this is going to be the easiest part of this whole thing...but still I want it... I'm must be a psycho... but so are all if you :) psyco's of the world unite

Members don't see this ad :)
The time you do in Med school preparing for step one is much more time then most undergrads spend on their science classes though. This is at least my plan. I don't spend all day studying my undergrad classes, but when I get to med school, I do plan on studying a good 6 hours a day. This is like 6 times the amount of time I spend now.

medschool BOOYAH!!! hahahaha....probably the greatest first post ever for a member......had me rolling all day! How's Columbia treating you? Your wife and you still want to be doctors?.....Scooby Doo still asking for snacks every now and then? Hahaha....still laughing till this day....

I don't think any other exam is harder than the MCAT Verbal Section. As an engineer having written challenging make you cry exams, nothin surpasses the verbal.
So, I think the USMLE sould be ok....nothing is worse than VERBAL!!!!!!

you know, who really gives a sh.t?

the fact is, people who bomb the MCAT never even get to see step 1 in the first place, so who the hell cares? if someone's weight training goal is to bench press 300lbs and they are struggling, why would someone else say, "if you think 300 is hard, just wait until you try 500." again, who cares?