If u have any questions........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

international

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I can give u all some information regarding the interview process in some of the schools for DDS. I can answer some of the questions as i had attended inteviews last year like you guys who r going to attend this time. Post any questions u have, and i will try to let you know as much as i can. U can ask me about most of the schools except, Upitt,UOP,CWRU and FLORIDA as i didnt attend these schools.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

International

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get into any school? I sure hope so! :) 'cause otherwise you sure spent a whole lot of money!

hi,
I applied last week for BU, UPenn and Nyu.
Part-1-90
Toefl-267
Gpa-3
Is there any chance of being accepted in BU or Upenn for fall 2005

Members don't see this ad :)
sreshta said:
hi,
I applied last week for BU, UPenn and Nyu.
Part-1-90
Toefl-267
Gpa-3
Is there any chance of being accepted in BU or Upenn for fall 2005
Hi,
Coming to the BU, eventhough they say part one score is the major riterion, it is always a package deal, i mean they give more important to part one along with other features. So i think u r equally places among the other applicants in BU. But coming to Upenn, no one can say as it is one of the most un expected way of selecting the students. I mean, a person with 95 might not be accepted, but a person with 84 might get accepetd. So all the best

International

Meggs said:
Did you get into any school? I sure hope so! :) 'cause otherwise you sure spent a whole lot of money!
Hi,
i did get accepted in many schools, and i selected one among them which i felt the best among all and i am enjoying right now.....

Have a nice day

Internationals

Hi international,
Thanks for offering help to all of us. I want to ask you is there any other school other than BU,UPenn and NYU who is accepting international dentist with part 1 ranging from 85 to 88 score in two year program.When should you expect interview from NYU if the application is complete and sent in mid sep.
Your reply and suggestion would be a great help. :)

international said:
Hi,
i did get accepted in many schools, and i selected one among them which i felt the best among all and i am enjoying right now.....

Have a nice day

Internationals
hi!
Can u tell me in which school u r attanding. I applied in BU, UCSF, UOP, UPENN,last year with my score
patr-1 89
part-2 79
toefl 240 and i gave again and new score : 260
GPA 3.82

I dint get admission last year, and i was in waiting list of UCSF .

Now i have given TOEFL again my improved score is: 260 So i dont know this time i will be able to get or not, but any suggestion on getting admission or do u feel there is any chance of me to get in this time.

thanks.

snow white said:
Hi international,
Thanks for offering help to all of us. I want to ask you is there any other school other than BU,UPenn and NYU who is accepting international dentist with part 1 ranging from 85 to 88 score in two year program.When should you expect interview from NYU if the application is complete and sent in mid sep.
Your reply and suggestion would be a great help. :)

Hi snowwhite,

as far as i know, all the schools have students with score ranging from 85-88, atleast one student in last year batch. I know there are some students in USC, UCSF with those scores along with the schools u have mentioned. And coming to the NYU interview, they do call people by case by case and i think based in ur score, u can expect ur call soon.

All the best

INtenrnational

ivshah said:
hi!
Can u tell me in which school u r attanding. I applied in BU, UCSF, UOP, UPENN,last year with my score
patr-1 89
part-2 79
toefl 240 and i gave again and new score : 260
GPA 3.82

I dint get admission last year, and i was in waiting list of UCSF .

Now i have given TOEFL again my improved score is: 260 So i dont know this time i will be able to get or not, but any suggestion on getting admission or do u feel there is any chance of me to get in this time.

thanks.

Hi,
I think u r equally placed among the applicants as u have a pretty good stats. So u dont worry and i think u will get in to some school this year. One thing i would like to tell u and all, it is not the only part one score which gets u admission, it is always a package deal. So if u want in Calisfornia, do good in practicals, where u can override some people with good scores with poor skills.

All the best

International

international said:
Hi all,
I can give u all some information regarding the interview process in some of the schools for DDS. I can answer some of the questions as i had attended inteviews last year like you guys who r going to attend this time. Post any questions u have, and i will try to let you know as much as i can. U can ask me about most of the schools except, Upitt,UOP,CWRU and FLORIDA as i didnt attend these schools.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

International
Hi,
did u prepare for the practical exams/dexterity tests? if so, how did u practice for it... how are the dexterity tests in californian schools?

Hi ivshah
:) As you told that you had applied in some schools last year and UCSF and UOP was one of them, did they call you for interview and how did you prepare for your dexterity test.detail explaination would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance and good luck for this time. :)

Thanks for all yo help....

1. Just wanted to know How many schools asked for the dexterity test. I know Loma Linda, UCSF, UCLA asks for the Dexterity test. What are the other schools u know of asks for the dexterity test.

2.Could you please list the school names and the Preparations they asked u to do. Do the schools provide the instruments or do we have to take them. I enquired with Loma Linda --- they said they will provide all the necessary equipments for the dexterity test

2. If selected ...what is the duration of the interview in each school....Like Loma Linda calls u for a 2 day interview and I heard UCSF calls for a 3 day interview...so could you pls let us all know about the duration of the interview in each school

Thanks and regards,
LuvDent007

international said:
Hi all,

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

International

hi, I have applied to bu. Upen and NYu. I got an interview call from Upen. My status Part1-88, toefl-250-, Gpa-3.53 and have MDS and 2 years exp. could u pl tell me my postion? What are my chances in the above mentioned schools. Really worried a lot. Thnaks

Members don't see this ad :)
dentist80 said:
Hi,
did u prepare for the practical exams/dexterity tests? if so, how did u practice for it... how are the dexterity tests in californian schools?

Hi,
I havent prepared for the dexterity test as i was exposed to a lot of those while in the dental school in India and i think i am lucky in that. Coming to the practical tests, all the californian schools ask for tests and as far as i know CWRU also conducts some kind of dexterity test. And they r not very hard and what i feel is u dont need to get 10 / 10 in the practicals, but u need to show them that u r good and u r better if not best among the other applicants. But if u r good it is always a +++++ point.

All the best

International

luvdent007 said:
Thanks for all yo help....

1. Just wanted to know How many schools asked for the dexterity test. I know Loma Linda, UCSF, UCLA asks for the Dexterity test. What are the other schools u know of asks for the dexterity test.

2.Could you please list the school names and the Preparations they asked u to do. Do the schools provide the instruments or do we have to take them. I enquired with Loma Linda --- they said they will provide all the necessary equipments for the dexterity test

2. If selected ...what is the duration of the interview in each school....Like Loma Linda calls u for a 2 day interview and I heard UCSF calls for a 3 day interview...so could you pls let us all know about the duration of the interview in each school

Thanks and regards,
LuvDent007

Hi,
First off all i would like to say, u r nick is good. And coming to
1. I just answered in my previous post.
2. Regariding the instruments, except USC, every school provides the necessary instruments, so u dont need to worry about it if u r not going to attend USC.
Coming to the preparations:

Loma Linda: 1. Preparing a molar either upper or lower with clay.
2. Making a cube of 4 cm using sticks and sticky wax.
3. Engraving alphabets on plaster of paris cube, with specific dimensions. I mean width and height of the alphabet. Or They might ask u to prepapre a pyramid from a block with certain dimensions.
4. Carving or drawing a flower imprint on a clear acrylic plate using a chisel. This is the most toughest for me. hahahhahahaha

UCSF: 1 . One crown preparation, i dont remeber exactly, but i think it is anterior.
2. Two class 2 preparations, one should be restored with amalgam and one with out restorations. I think we got lower premolar.

UCLA: These guys ask a lot
1. I think 2 class 2 preps with one restoration.,
2. One crown preparation.
3. Bonus: Either Mod Onlay or some thing like that. This they ask u to do if u have time and if u do, u get some bonus points and i dont think no one will leave that.

UOP: No idea.
USC: I think USC does ask the same preps, but i cant help on this. I think some one else might help you.

CWRU: As far as i know, they have teeth setup along with the others.
so get ready to set some teeth if u r apperaing for CWRU.

3 Interviews:

Loma Linda: It will be for around 30 minutes with 5 people sitting in one room and asking u questions one by one. I think they ask questions from their respective departments. They ak general questions, but some times they might grill u on clinicals, if they think u r smart. But it will be funnn

UCSF: U will be interviewed by 2 people and they have the same questionaire for everyone to eliminate bias. Once u tell them u r response, they will be writing down in front of you in your own words like the CHIEF COMPLAINT in the case history. hahahhaha

UCLA: u will be interviewd by 3 people asking some general questions.

The common questions every one can expect are

1. Why Dentistry?
2. Why they should select you among all the applicants?
3. What are your positive and negative points in you both profesionally and personally.
4. What is the most happiest moment in ur dental career.
5. Would like to go back to your country after u graduate from this program.
6. Do you know any one in this school?
7. Where u see ur self after 10 years.
8. what would u like to do after graduating with DDS.

These are the ones i remember as i have a poor memory :confused: :confused: :confused:

So all the best to you all and post if u need any info.

International

u da man....thanx for the great info..

hey Interanational, first of all i would like to thanx u for this work, very few people go beyond their limit to help others...that too when ur in school.

secondly, my question: do u think, that we should refer to specific books for preparing the cali schools dexterity test...or the basic fundamental which we studied in india is good. As u have been thru all this process..u would be the best person to learn Do's & Dont's. And ur previous posting r really helpful.

hi! friends,
I have question regarding magnifying loops.I have orascoptic loops. I have just started using it.
I want to know what distance is good for loops using for banch exam, they have 4 types of distance.
1) short distance.
2) Regular
3) long
4) x-long

I have regular distance loops, i heard duggan prefer short distance loops. With my regular distance loops i am not able to do prep very closly, i have to keep it at some distance and thats the problem

So if any one has idea, that this is just i have started so its like this or should i go for short distance .(duggan suggested).

Thanks,
Waiting to hear from you guys soon pls!

ivshah said:
hi! friends,
I have question regarding magnifying loops.I have orascoptic loops. I have just started using it.
I want to know what distance is good for loops using for banch exam, they have 4 types of distance.
1) short distance.
2) Regular
3) long
4) x-long

I have regular distance loops, i heard duggan prefer short distance loops. With my regular distance loops i am not able to do prep very closly, i have to keep it at some distance and thats the problem

So if any one has idea, that this is just i have started so its like this or should i go for short distance .(duggan suggested).

Thanks,

I am sorry if I sound stupid...But then what is loops????? :oops:

Thanks a ton guys for all the inputs ..International you are simply exceptional :thumbup:

ivshah said:
hi! friends,
1) short distance.
2) Regular
3) long
4) x-long

Thanks,

Hi,
As far as i know, the loops will be fixed at certain distance to work with. So if they fixed at regular, u can use at their specified distance, other wise u see a blurred image. This may or maynot be correct as i have a very limited knowledge too in these. I would rather suggest you to prepare the tooth as per ur convenience rather than duggans, if u r not getting a good outcome. Finally what matters is the outcome and not something else, i.e., how u did it.

All the best

International

international said:
Hi,
First off all i would like to say, u r nick is good. And coming to
1. I just answered in my previous post.
2. Regariding the instruments, except USC, every school provides the necessary instruments, so u dont need to worry about it if u r not going to attend USC.
Coming to the preparations:

Loma Linda: 1. Preparing a molar either upper or lower with clay.
2. Making a cube of 4 cm using sticks and sticky wax.
3. Engraving alphabets on plaster of paris cube, with specific dimensions. I mean width and height of the alphabet. Or They might ask u to prepapre a pyramid from a block with certain dimensions.
4. Carving or drawing a flower imprint on a clear acrylic plate using a chisel. This is the most toughest for me. hahahhahahaha

UCSF: 1 . One crown preparation, i dont remeber exactly, but i think it is anterior.
2. Two class 2 preparations, one should be restored with amalgam and one with out restorations. I think we got lower premolar.

UCLA: These guys ask a lot
1. I think 2 class 2 preps with one restoration.,
2. One crown preparation.
3. Bonus: Either Mod Onlay or some thing like that. This they ask u to do if u have time and if u do, u get some bonus points and i dont think no one will leave that.

UOP: No idea.
USC: I think USC does ask the same preps, but i cant help on this. I think some one else might help you.

CWRU: As far as i know, they have teeth setup along with the others.
so get ready to set some teeth if u r apperaing for CWRU.

3 Interviews:

Loma Linda: It will be for around 30 minutes with 5 people sitting in one room and asking u questions one by one. I think they ask questions from their respective departments. They ak general questions, but some times they might grill u on clinicals, if they think u r smart. But it will be funnn

UCSF: U will be interviewed by 2 people and they have the same questionaire for everyone to eliminate bias. Once u tell them u r response, they will be writing down in front of you in your own words like the CHIEF COMPLAINT in the case history. hahahhaha

UCLA: u will be interviewd by 3 people asking some general questions.

The common questions every one can expect are

1. Why Dentistry?
2. Why they should select you among all the applicants?
3. What are your positive and negative points in you both profesionally and personally.
4. What is the most happiest moment in ur dental career.
5. Would like to go back to your country after u graduate from this program.
6. Do you know any one in this school?
7. Where u see ur self after 10 years.
8. what would u like to do after graduating with DDS.

These are the ones i remember as i have a poor memory :confused: :confused: :confused:

So all the best to you all and post if u need any info.

International

hey international,

thank you so much for all this information
it means a lot to all those of us going for the interview.
i wish u luck in everything u do., :thumbup:

cheers

thanx a lot International!

u have been of great help to all of us!!!

Hello international?

where in india did u graduate?
can you tell me your scores and where you are currently enrolled in?
btw thanks for you help

i would like to know about Harvard School of Dental Medicine? how difficult is it to get into? their interview methods etc.

can you suggest any good school for Ph.D. + clinical speciality program in prosthodontics?

undefined
international said:
Hi all,

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

International
hi,
good that r u helping the newcomers.my question is i have a nbde part 1 of 84.g.p.a of 3.25 from wes and i,m a green card holder.my husband is a citizen.i stay in newjersy.i applied to nyu.and planning to apply for upenn.wat r my chances of getting excepted in nyu.i started working as an dental assistant after i applied to nyu.should i send them a letter from my employee
any information will help me
thanku

kyerra said:
undefined
hi,
good that r u helping the newcomers.my question is i have a nbde part 1 of 84.g.p.a of 3.25 from wes and i,m a green card holder.my husband is a citizen.i stay in newjersy.i applied to nyu.and planning to apply for upenn.wat r my chances of getting excepted in nyu.i started working as an dental assistant after i applied to nyu.should i send them a letter from my employee
any information will help me
thanku
Hi.
I think u have equal chances of getting in to the program as i know some universities ( I mean some West Coast) have students with 84-85. So i would suggest you to do ur interview well so that u can get in to admission pool easily. I would suggest to send a letter from the employer if u can. Once u mention in the application that i am working as a dental asst, they beleive that what ever u r saying is true. And nothing wrong in sending the letter either.

All the best

International

nallu said:
Hello international?

where in india did u graduate?
can you tell me your scores and where you are currently enrolled in?
btw thanks for you help

i would like to know about Harvard School of Dental Medicine? how difficult is it to get into? their interview methods etc.

can you suggest any good school for Ph.D. + clinical speciality program in prosthodontics?

Hi, i graduated in 2001 and i did my masters in USA, but not related to dentistry. And coming to the harvard dental school regarding the prosthodontics,, i really dont have any idea, but what i know is, it is one of the highly competetive school to get in USA. So i think getting in to clinical field with our American degree is tough, but it doesnt mean, u cant get it. I think u need to show them that u r equally capable like the regular american applicants. They look a lot in to where did u graduate, what degrees u have, "ANY RESEARCH" experience u have and of course ur credentials. These are very impt in USA to get in to Specialties and PHD.

I wish you all the best

International

international said:
Hi, i graduated in 2001 and i did my masters in USA, but not related to dentistry. And coming to the harvard dental school regarding the prosthodontics,, i really dont have any idea, but what i know is, it is one of the highly competetive school to get in USA. So i think getting in to clinical field with our American degree is tough, but it doesnt mean, u cant get it. I think u need to show them that u r equally capable like the regular american applicants. They look a lot in to where did u graduate, what degrees u have, "ANY RESEARCH" experience u have and of course ur credentials. These are very impt in USA to get in to Specialties and PHD.

I wish you all the best

International

thank you very much.

can you tell me about boston university.

i heard expensive but nobody tell me about its standard.

also which is the best school to do research?

Dude thanks for yo info...got some questions for u... Atleast give an eye opener for people like us....

Say if they are gonna ask
1. Why did u select dentistry -- what kinda answer do they expect from us... U know ppl from India atleast most of them Join dentistry as they were not able to get into medicine.... so how would you be able to substantiate your statement saying u had interst in dentistry and that's why we opted for it???

2. what would u like to do after graduating with DDS.
I know some schools opt for their students to have a major part of their career in Teaching and getting annexed to a university after graduation. So would the professors expect our future goal has to be focussed on getting annexed to a part of an instituiton.???? or can we say we are planning to specialize in a dental field.....or say both and confuse the profs :laugh:

3. Specific question about Loma Linda ---- I read the interview feedback from students about loma linda univ and most of them have written that they ask questions about religion and will eveluate ur religious beleif --- is it true??? :idea:

luvdent007 said:
Dude thanks for yo info...got some questions for u... Atleast give an eye opener for people like us....

Say if they are gonna ask
1. Why did u select dentistry -- what kinda answer do they expect from us... U know ppl from India atleast most of them Join dentistry as they were not able to get into medicine.... so how would you be able to substantiate your statement saying u had interst in dentistry and that's why we opted for it???

2. what would u like to do after graduating with DDS.
I know some schools opt for their students to have a major part of their career in Teaching and getting annexed to a university after graduation. So would the professors expect our future goal has to be focussed on getting annexed to a part of an instituiton.???? or can we say we are planning to specialize in a dental field.....or say both and confuse the profs :laugh:

3. Specific question about Loma Linda ---- I read the interview feedback from students about loma linda univ and most of them have written that they ask questions about religion and will eveluate ur religious beleif --- is it true??? :idea:

Hi,
Coming to the questions u asked:

1. I know that many people in India join Dentistry as they couldnt get in to Medicine. But if u say that, i am pretty sure, that u wont get the seat anywhere. I think u need to give some conincing answer, like my uncles are dentist and i happened to see their work from childhood, or something like that.

2. You can say what ever u feel like for this as they know that many wont go for masters as it is hard to get in, due to the various reasons, like finaicial, family constraints etc. Or u can give a eloborative answer like, would like to go and do masters and then teach in an institution for some time in my life. I think u need to give answer according to where u r attending. I think u got my point.

3. Regarding the Loma Linda, they do ask atleast one question, about religion and they wont grilll u on that. It will e a basic question like, do u believe in christianity, do u smoke, or do u drink, or do u eat meat as Seventh Day Adventists, dont drink, eat meat, dont smoke and no coffee. So u have to answer what u feel and what u feel is right too..

I think i answered some points atleast.

All the best

International

nallu said:

Hi,
Boston is a good program, excpet for some points like:
1. Too much Pre clinicals, i mean 8-9 months, which i think absolutely un necessary, if u r OK in pre clinicals.
2. I heard most people will do AEGD/ GPR after they graduate from BU, as they think they r not competent enough to start their own practice, but i am not sure in this.

My major concern is the pre clinical session which they do at the expense of the clinical time.
And the other + point is that, it is one of the cheapest program u can get in USA for a 2 year DDS.

And coming to te research, i can surely say that, in none of the program will have time to do some research. But if u very much keen on doing a research, u can always find some time for doing it.

All the best

International

hey international,
do u know of any place from where we can buy handpiece,typodont and other instruments for california practical exam?
or do have any of this stuff to sell?
or do u know anyone who is interested in selling those?
ur info will be helpful
thanks

nallu said:

Hi,
1. Too much Pre clinicals, i mean 8-9 months, which i think absolutely un necessary, if u r OK in pre clinicals.
2. I heard most people will do AEGD/ GPR after they graduate from BU, as they think they r not competent enough to start their own practice, but i am not sure in this.

My major concern is the pre clinical session which they do at the expense of the clinical time.
And the other + point is that, it is one of the cheapest program u can get in USA for a 2 year DDS.

And coming to te research, i can surely say that, in none of the program will have time to do some research while doing DDS. But if u very much keen on doing a research, u can always find some time for doing it.

But if u want to do research as the baseline, then u can enroll for Phd prpogram in some univeristies like UCSF, as they say that they r the highly funded univeristy in USA in the sense of research from 2 years.

All the best

International

:p
international said:
Hi all,

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL

International

hello international i am new here i am a graduate of 2003 , i am planning to give the part one in noivember , do you think its toooo early , is it worth a try, i have a gpa if 3.61, pretty frest with the subjects , have aroung 10 hours per day to prepare , what do you suggest should I go ahead and give it a shot or wait a little longer, i have the confidance, i need good advice, thanks

Sharat chandra said:
:p

hello international i am new here i am a graduate of 2003 , i am planning to give the part one in noivember , do you think its toooo early , is it worth a try, i have a gpa if 3.61, pretty frest with the subjects , have aroung 10 hours per day to prepare , what do you suggest should I go ahead and give it a shot or wait a little longer, i have the confidance, i need good advice, thanks
Hi,
Welcome aboard. Coming to the giving exam in Nov or any other date, what i feel is if u r confident, u can give the exam anytime at any place. So if i am confident that i can excel the exam , i.e., around 95 in part one, i will go ahead and give it.

All the best

International

international said:
Hi,

And coming to te research, i can surely say that, in none of the program will have time to do some research. But if u very much keen on doing a research, u can always find some time for doing it.

All the best

International

thank you for you seasonable reply
i am actually applying for post doc programs thats why i am keen on research.
Do u have any idea about Dentist Research Program that gives you a DDS +Ph.D. (7yrs).
San you suggest good Ph.D. programs in the country

hey internatiional,
i asked this inthe ucsf thread. does ucsf have more than one interview? i thought they justhad one interview for everyone and thts it. i was reading some ofthe threads from last year. does ucsf call call only 40-50 candidates for interview for 23-25 seats?

hi international,

Looks like that you are helping people a lot and thats a great thing.
I know that USC asks for us getting out own instruments.I was just wondering if there is anywhere that i can get the instruments from.I would hate the idea of paying 760$ for just one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that everything is a package deal but i personally feel that if you dont have a score above 90 and you are in the 80 range, you dont get accpeted despite the fact that you are good in everything else.I have heard that BU looks only at the scores, Penn does what they feel like, NYU is easy to get in but its expensive and a lot of people wonder if its really worth it.

Alos wanted to ask you about NOVA, do you have any idea how many students they take?

Also which are the other space based DDS programs?

thanks for your help

nallu said:
thank you for you seasonable reply
i am actually applying for post doc programs thats why i am keen on research.
Do u have any idea about Dentist Research Program that gives you a DDS +Ph.D. (7yrs).
San you suggest good Ph.D. programs in the country

Hi,
I think there are some schools which offer DDS+PHd in USA. I think Upenn, Uconn, UCSF might be some schools which might offerer. But i dont know whether a International DDS (2 year program) student can enroll for them. U have to find out from them.

All the best

International

dentistplease said:
hi international,

Looks like that you are helping people a lot and thats a great thing.
I know that USC asks for us getting out own instruments.I was just wondering if there is anywhere that i can get the instruments from.I would hate the idea of paying 760$ for just one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that everything is a package deal but i personally feel that if you dont have a score above 90 and you are in the 80 range, you dont get accpeted despite the fact that you are good in everything else.I have heard that BU looks only at the scores, Penn does what they feel like, NYU is easy to get in but its expensive and a lot of people wonder if its really worth it.

Alos wanted to ask you about NOVA, do you have any idea how many students they take?

Also which are the other space based DDS programs?

thanks for your help

Hi,
As far as i know, regarding the instruments, either u can borrow from some one u know in the USC or in other schools or u can borrow from your dentist if u r working under him or worked under him. I think u all can call USC and ask whether they can arrnage for a loan for that day and u guys should pay for it. Final inference is either u have to buy or borrow. I would suggest to catch some one in USC and get the work done.

Coming to the package deal, i know that Part one plays an impt role in selection, but u can get in to school in west coast if u have a less score when compared to east coast as in west coast u can show ur talents in other aspects rather than in east coast interviews, where u will be interviewed only.

And coming to getting in to NYU, u said it is easy to get in, i would suggest to chage u r thinking in that, as last year i know that some one with 87 didnt get an interview call and 88 didnt get in admission. And i know, one with 86 got in to it.

Finally, what i mean is, PART ONE IS A MAJOR DECIDER, but if some one doesnt have a good part one, they can still excel in west coast comparatively than east coast if they r good in Pre clinicals..

I dont have much idea about the Space based programs as i never thought about them and i didnt apply either.

All the best

International

Ann 03 said:
hey internatiional,
i asked this inthe ucsf thread. does ucsf have more than one interview? i thought they justhad one interview for everyone and thts it. i was reading some ofthe threads from last year. does ucsf call call only 40-50 candidates for interview for 23-25 seats?
Hi,
In UCSF, u will have only one interview and it is also very planned and same questions for everyone to eliminate bias. And coming to the number of people, as far as they called around 130 students. So i think this year also they do the same..

All the best

International

hi

i don't have loops. Do u have any idea without loop and magnifying glass there is any option ?

how much u paid for loops?
there is anyway that i can buy used loops?

hi
thanks for help

may i know that which school u got an admission?

I have 92% in part-1, 85% part- GPA -3.27 and toefl 237 , i again taken that , i will get new score soon.I also have dental hygiene licence of florida and two year work experience in my country.

i have applied upen, tufts, columbia, usc, pitts, nyu

but i did not get interview call from any of them

what do u think what is the selection criteria?

i selected in wait list in upen last year
but i did not get an admission
i reapplied there
but i still did not get any news from them

what do u think , do i have to apply any more school?
what was ur scores?
does greencard or citizenship affect an admission?

international said:
Hi,
In UCSF, u will have only one interview and it is also very planned and same questions for everyone to eliminate bias. And coming to the number of people, as far as they called around 130 students. So i think this year also they do the same..

All the best

International
hey thanks international. do u remember any of the questions they asked u?
also in ucsf i have heard that they allot percetages for ndb scores , practical exam, and written exam. do u know how much percentage is alloted to each of these?

Hey International....
Let me tell you a big thanks from all the people who read your posts. Well I had been shadowing your posts for a long time....and truely.... you 'r a gem of a person...
I bet all those who read this thread will agree to it. Well for me, Ive applied to MS and not DDS...but i guess its time for me to reconsider my stand, as I havent got to hear from any univ I applied to. I guess all those who read your posts would surely feel the humbleness and willingness to help others..that you have in you.
Very few people "ARE" genuinely unselfish to help others.... I wish all those guys who are applying to DDS the bestest wishes...and hope they too fell the urge to help others this-time-around for the next batch of students..next year.

Gr8 work International ... Keep it up!!!!

UABDentist

Ann 03 said:
also in ucsf i have heard that they allot percetages for ndb scores , practical exam, and written exam. do u know how much percentage is alloted to each of these?
Hi,
coming to the questions, i think i posted in the thread. I posted all the possible questions, any one can expect as i faced most of them in my interviews. So they are all general questions and will be cool. If u need any other info, i can help you

All the best
International

Ann 03 said:

I forgot to tell you all,
If you say anything, u should be ready to justify if they start grilling on it. I htink u got it. I mean if u say u did some kind of treatment which not many woul dhave done, U need to be strong on that and u better be prepared for that. But very rarely, they will grill u on that.
The other good suggestion:

THE MORE CONFIDENT YOU R THE MORE CHANCES U HAVE

International

chinuchintu said:
hi

i don't have loops. Do u have any idea without loop and magnifying glass there is any option ?

how much u paid for loops?
there is anyway that i can buy used loops?
Hi,
I recently bought my loops and i think i paid around $800 including shiping and handling. And coming to the maginification, i dont exactly remember, but i think they have 2.5, 3, 3.5 i think, but as a dental student they say u r better of with the basic magnification. I got mine from Orascoptic. If u not used to using loops, dont try those in the interview process as u will see a new world with loops. hahahhahaha

All the best

International

chinuchintu said:
hi
thanks for help

may i know that which school u got an admission?

I have 92% in part-1, 85% part- GPA -3.27 and toefl 237 , i again taken that , i will get new score soon.I also have dental hygiene licence of florida and two year work experience in my country.

i have applied upen, tufts, columbia, usc, pitts, nyu

but i did not get interview call from any of them

what do u think what is the selection criteria?

i selected in wait list in upen last year
but i did not get an admission
i reapplied there
but i still did not get any news from them

what do u think , do i have to apply any more school?
what was ur scores?
does greencard or citizenship affect an admission?

Hi,
I dint understand whether u took part one again or part two. I think u would have taken the part two. Anyway all the best. And coming to the interviews, i think u r a highly competent person as u have an excellent statistics to get in to the most of the program. And u should be good in practicals too if u want to get in to Cal schools. What i can suggest you is, u try calling them and ask what is going on with ur application. But i think u should get calls from some universities atleast with in a short period. I think u have still some schools where u can apply, i mean Cal schools, but it depends how good u r, but it all depends on what r u r preferences.
And coming to having a GC or Citizenship, I am sure that , they dont even look in to it.
If u need any help. u can mail me

All the best

International

UABDentist said:
Hey International....
Let me tell you a big thanks from all the people who read your posts. Well I had been shadowing your posts for a long time....and truely.... you 'r a gem of a person...
I bet all those who read this thread will agree to it. Well for me, Ive applied to MS and not DDS...but i guess its time for me to reconsider my stand, as I havent got to hear from any univ I applied to. I guess all those who read your posts would surely feel the humbleness and willingness to help others..that you have in you.
Very few people "ARE" genuinely unselfish to help others.... I wish all those guys who are applying to DDS the bestest wishes...and hope they too fell the urge to help others this-time-around for the next batch of students..next year.

Gr8 work International ... Keep it up!!!!

UABDentist

Hi UABDentist,
Thanx a lot for posting this message. I am trying to help you guys, cos last year at this momnet i was in these guys shoes going to all schools, and trying to get an admission and the help i took from SDN. It is a wonderful place where u can get some info, where u cant get it outside. I know that many people even dont me here and neither i am. So anyway, what kind of MS, u applied for. I know that getting some program is very had of u dont have a DDS except for some perio, Oral Med, Oral Rad, Dental Public Health.
I know that, people can join in to some propgrams i mentioned above. I am not sure any one can join in to Ortho, endo, OMFS, PEDO. I know that there is a lot of competetion among the regular DDS applicants for those, but u can try as i know one of my friend who joined in Endo and some in perio with out DDS. They are all too lucky to get in..

Anyway All the best

International